Thur 24th Feb: SL: St Helens v Wakefield Trinity KO 8pm

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/02/22 at 20:30

I think it will be closer than a 20 point margin, but still a bridge too far for Wakefield. Are they without Wood? I’d go for 24-14 and another ‘moral’ victory for the Moral Leaders Shield race.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

29 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Wood?

I did of course mean Hood, typo. I thought I saw him come off injured near the end of the game at the weekend? 

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

5 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Does that make Catalans 'Teens' ?   Or is it an admittance that Saints are a far superior side ?

It means Wakefield have no hope and will stay on 0 Super League points. Betfred have Wakefield at 10/1 to win or +24 on the handicap. Saints will certainly win by 20+ points. It’s a complete mismatch. 

27 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It means Wakefield have no hope and will stay on 0 Super League points. Betfred have Wakefield at 10/1 to win or +24 on the handicap. Saints will certainly win by 20+ points. It’s a complete mismatch. 

After 2 games, Sts have beaten last year's runners-up by 20 and Hull by 32. Anything less than a 20 point defeat would be an achievement against a team which is head and shoulders above any team in the league on current form. An away win would be close to miraculous. 

BUT, we live in hope.

P.S. how many SL points do the mighty Leeds have at this early point of season?

1 hour ago, Wholly Trinity said:

After 2 games, Sts have beaten last year's runners-up by 20 and Hull by 32. Anything less than a 20 point defeat would be an achievement against a team which is head and shoulders above any team in the league on current form. An away win would be close to miraculous. 

BUT, we live in hope.

P.S. how many SL points do the mighty Leeds have at this early point of season?

This thread is for discussion on Saints v Wakefield 

Saints 48 - 6 Wakey

Wakefields defence last week against Catalans was awful and had Catalans been more clinical they could have racked up a big score. Johnson & Jowitt will pose their biggest threat but their forwards I think will really struggle to lay any sort of platform for them to create much

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

27 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Saints 48 - 6 Wakey

Wakefields defence last week against Catalans was awful and had Catalans been more clinical they could have racked up a big score. Johnson & Jowitt will pose their biggest threat but their forwards I think will really struggle to lay any sort of platform for them to create much

Fifita and (probably) Tanginoa return this week who have been by far Trinity's most potent attack forwards. Minns available at centre releases Batchelor back to SR. Bowes is still learning but back in his natural position of hooker, although we'll miss Hood, especially in defence. Still no Lino, but Walker had a great game last week and is this week supported by Miller.

In the end. I'm expecting a comfortable St's win, but not a capitulation. 

Saints 32 Trinity 20

1 hour ago, Wholly Trinity said:

Fifita and (probably) Tanginoa return this week who have been by far Trinity's most potent attack forwards. Minns available at centre releases Batchelor back to SR. Bowes is still learning but back in his natural position of hooker, although we'll miss Hood, especially in defence. Still no Lino, but Walker had a great game last week and is this week supported by Miller.

In the end. I'm expecting a comfortable St's win, but not a capitulation. 

Saints 32 Trinity 20

Gotta admire your optimism that Wakey will score 20 points. Only 1 team managed to score 20 points at Saints last year (Cas) and so far this year Cats & Hull have managed only 1 try each against the Saints defence.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Would expect Saints to continue their scoring form and easily get into the 30s and maybe significantly more once  Wakefield get their pre match allocated yellow and red cards. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived