Fri 25th Feb: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/02/22 at 20:30

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dunedan said:

No, he didn't have time to adjust, and contact to the head could've been avoided had the KR player not ducked into it.

He had time to adjust. He was “out of control”. Technically reckless. Contact to the head could have been avoided by Faraimo

15 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Surprised that was a sin binning I don't think it was the height of the tackle it was that he was running at full pelt and couldn't stop. 

The fact that he was running at full pelt and aiming for a player who had his eye on the ball dropping out of the sky and not on the opponent running full pelt is what caused the contact, he didn't give himself time to adjust even if he could have done.

I don't want to see a contactless game but players have a duty of care to each other and running full pelt at someone stood watching a ball drop out of the sky is reckless surely?

2 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Sorry OF, but how do you know?

Okay, I accept he’s gone off for HIA but on seeing the slow motion replay the contact looked minimal and he looked to be a bit theatrical when hitting the deck.

I will happily apologise if he stays off.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 minutes ago, dkw said:

First one was harsh, but OK, in the current climate I see why the yellow.

That watts one though is ridiculous. 

Is it?

Was there any need for Watts to make contact? Surely he knew what Lewis was going to do.

Again, duty of care, hang back a few yards so you don't make unnecessary contact with a player not looking at an onrushing opponent.

6 minutes ago, meast said:

The fact that he was running at full pelt and aiming for a player with his eye on the ball dropping out of the sky and not on the opponent running full pelt is what caused the contact, he didn't give himself time to adjust even if he could have done.

I don't want to see a contactless game but players have a duty of care to each other and running full pelt at someone stood watching a ball drop out of the sky is reckless surely?

But that happens all the time doesnt it ? . If he stands there its a great shot , i dont know how you can legislate for a ballcarrier falling a split second before you get there . Yeh maybe im wrong under the laws as written down on paper , but in the reality of a game at full speed it just looks odd

5 minutes ago, meast said:

The fact that he was running at full pelt and aiming for a player with his eye on the ball dropping out of the sky and not on the opponent running full pelt is what caused the contact, he didn't give himself time to adjust even if he could have done.

I agree, David Fusitua probably does aswell 😉

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

But that happens all the time doesnt it ? . If he stands there its a great shot ,  know how you can legislate for a ballcarrier falling a split second before you get there . Yeh maybe im wrong under the laws as written down on paper , but in the reality of a game at full speed it just looks odd

He had 2 strides in which to adjust. That is plenty time especially if he is not out of control / reckless in his attempt

And it doesn’t look odd

4 minutes ago, meast said:

Is it?

Was there any need for Watts to make contact? Surely he knew what Lewis was going to do.

Again, duty of care, hang back a few yards so you don't make unnecessary contact with a player not looking at an onrushing opponent.

The slip caused the contact with the head, it won't a swinging arm. Without the slip he basically grabs him around the stomach level. I understand the duty of care but if a player slips into contact then there's nothing a tackler can do if he's set

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

But that happens all the time doesnt it ? . If he stands there its a great shot ,  know how you can legislate for a ballcarrier falling a split second before you get there . Yeh maybe im wrong under the laws as written down on paper , but in the reality of a game at full speed it just looks odd

The way you legislate for it is by hanging back one second, you don't have the right to hit him a split second after he catches it. It's a high risk tackle, you haven't lined the player up because he hasn't even got the ball. 

Of course there is an element of bad luck, but tacklers don't have the right to hit players in the head. No matter where their head is 

1 minute ago, dkw said:

The slip caused the contact with the head, it won't a swinging arm. Without the slip he basically grabs him around the stomach level. I understand the duty of care but if a player slips into contact t then there's nothing a tackler can do if he's set.

He was set before the player had the ball. That can absolutely be classed as reckless. 

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

But that happens all the time doesnt it ? . If he stands there its a great shot , i dont know how you can legislate for a ballcarrier falling a split second before you get there . Yeh maybe im wrong under the laws as written down on paper , but in the reality of a game at full speed it just looks odd

You can't legislate for it, that's why you shouldn't be running at full pelt assuming he is going to stand still and you can run and hit him like he's a tackling bag.

It's not down to the catcher to legislate for the actions of the chaser.

Archived