Fri 25th Feb: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/02/22 at 20:30

9 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Hmm that's not great, which media please? Any links as keen to see what they've been up to

Punching a disabled bloke in a wheelchair, amongst some other nonsense, saw it. Sorry don’t have a 3rd party to validate but I’m not one of the one-eyed drama queens on here. We all have our idiots, but a few of yours were pretty “special” last night. Hopefully it doesn’t make any media to be honest. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

But don't you find it strange that, in most games, all the 50/50s do tend to go for one club the majority of time.

I don't believe that is the case, by nature 50/50s are subjective, so equally I could be wrong. 

I don't believe refs are biased in any way shape or form.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Spot on. Took a while to get going but got there in the end. It helps if I don't watch the post match interviews, too.

I think many modern games are like that. First 20 minutes is just set completion kick deep hope for an error, then as the game goes on it gradually opens up.

9 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Really?

The incident happened around the time coaches make their first two substitutions. He went off for supposed HIA, returned and was very good for the rest of the game.

Watts hardly touched him but he went down like he’d been hit with a baseball bat.

Sorry, this doesn't make sense. The controlling half back lured Watts into hitting him late at just the right time to help out with his own sides forward rotation?

28 minutes ago, David Dockhouse Host said:

I don't believe that is the case, by nature 50/50s are subjective, so equally I could be wrong. 

I don't believe refs are biased in any way shape or form.

My interpretation is that he was being jokey. The majority of the time might be 50.1 % ..so not 50 50 but 49.999999/50.111111. 

21 minutes ago, HullWire said:

Sorry, this doesn't make sense. The controlling half back lured Watts into hitting him late at just the right time to help out with his own sides forward rotation?

No, obviously not, but I think they were shrewd enough to be able to use a free substitution when the opportunity presented itself.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

12 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

No, obviously not, but I think they were shrewd enough to be able to use a free substitution when the opportunity presented itself.

Yes it's perfectly normal for a coach to seize on the opportunity to give his half back a rest in the middle of a game.

4 minutes ago, M j M said:

Yes it's perfectly normal for a coach to seize on the opportunity to give his half back a rest in the middle of a game.

Glad you agree...oh, hang on...

I could be wrong in this case but as we've already seen this season, teams are using everything they can to gain an advantage, some of it against the spirit of the game in my opinion.

Watching the replay, Watts arm looked like it didn't make much contact with Lewis's head but he dropped like he'd been shot. I just don't like players feigning injury, if he really was injured badly then I was wrong and apologise. But he returned and was instrumental in Rovers' second half performance, not something you'd expect to see from someone who'd been assessed as needing HIA.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, JonM said:

Yes, media reporting punches thrown between Castleford fans and people in the Hull KR corporate area.

It's a problem area, I know from previous visits to Hull KR that the people getting tanked up who sit/stand directly behind the away fans get upset quite easily which usually involves some verbal abuse and the odd scuffle.

It shouldn't happen, people should be able to watch the game without any threat or abuse, but people are passionate and emotional sometimes and it only takes one or two who can't handle the ale, especially if it's free(ly) available.

I would have thought rovers might have looked into this and make that area of hospitality for visiting fans rather than allow passionate KR fans in that section.

However, it doesn't excuse or condone any bad behaviour from anyone!

4 hours ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Boring, clueless, pathetic rugby. 

I care more about performances than results and the first 3 have been disgusting.

Somehow McShane, Evalds, Watts have been turned into below average players - I would say the team do not buy into Radfords style/philosophy 

On a serious note, I do not remember 1 clean break all season 

#classycas

Would there be a case to suggest that these are average to decent players who just found their form under Powell?

Greg Eden looked a world star and some Cas fans were suggesting he was just that 3/4 years ago.

McShane, while an effective and experienced player has only really come to the fore since around 2017/2018, Gale, too, some could argue was a "journeyman" player but Powell appeared to bring the best out of those players?

Radford, it seemed had the opposite effect at Hull, in that he couldn't get the best out of what were perceived as good players.

Could it just be that Cas just hit a purple patch under Powell, who just fitted at that club?

4 hours ago, JonM said:

Yes, media reporting punches thrown between Castleford fans and people in the Hull KR corporate area.

That wouldn't surprise me, it can be a bit of a powder keg there at times, especially if the home team are winning. 

We've had a couple of fairly heated incidents in the past despite having no fans there. 

16 hours ago, dkw said:

I'll ask this, if he doesn't slip is it a sin bin? Not a chance, it would barely even have been noticed. Watching the replay at half time and with no slip its an absolute nothing of a contact. 

The first one is definitely deserved, it was a daft, uncontrolled challenge and deserved a yellow, it would have probably berm a yellow the past 3 or 4 seasons too. I just think if the impact of what Watts did is entirely dependant on the defender slipping a yellow is very harsh.

I like Faraimo as a player but his aggression often tips over into "daft, uncontrolled" challenges. I've never known a winger pick up so many yellow and red cards. He must hold the record.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, meast said:

It's a problem area, I know from previous visits to Hull KR that the people getting tanked up who sit/stand directly behind the away fans get upset quite easily which usually involves some verbal abuse and the odd scuffle.

It shouldn't happen, people should be able to watch the game without any threat or abuse, but people are passionate and emotional sometimes and it only takes one or two who can't handle the ale, especially if it's free(ly) available.

I would have thought rovers might have looked into this and make that area of hospitality for visiting fans rather than allow passionate KR fans in that section.

However, it doesn't excuse or condone any bad behaviour from anyone!

I love how some Cas fans kicking off ‘cos they don’t like losing has been neatly spun into Rovers fans doing stuff, jeez 🙄 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

On 26/02/2022 at 13:13, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I love how some Cas fans kicking off ‘cos they don’t like losing has been neatly spun into Rovers fans doing stuff, jeez 🙄 

Not at all, just stating that it's a problem area of the ground, it takes both sets of fans to "kick off" don't be so precious.

29 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

I'd like to introduce you to, Tom lineham

Good shout but I'd be genuinely surprised if he can match Faraimo's tally.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 26/02/2022 at 07:59, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Punching a disabled bloke in a wheelchair, amongst some other nonsense, saw it. Sorry don’t have a 3rd party to validate but I’m not one of the one-eyed drama queens on here. We all have our idiots, but a few of yours were pretty “special” last night. Hopefully it doesn’t make any media to be honest. 

My mate who was involved will verify this for you 👍

Archived