Sat 26th Feb: Hull FC v Salford Red Devils KO 3pm

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/02/22 at 15:30

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the first two rounds for both teams it’s hard to see past an away win here. We’ll be a lot better than last week with Connor and Carlos Santana and the Tijuana Brass returning though so I think it will be close.

I’ll go with my heart and suggest Hull 18 Salford 14.

I really hope it’s not level after 80 mins because..well .. you know…

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

14 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Looking at the first two rounds for both teams it’s hard to see past an away win here. We’ll be a lot better than last week with Connor and Carlos Santana and the Tijuana Brass returning though so I think it will be close.

I’ll go with my heart and suggest Hull 18 Salford 14.

I really hope it’s not level after 80 mins because..well .. you know…

I think that possible scenario will have occurred to most of us.

At least we've got this week's snowstorm out of the way today and Saturday is looking very promising weather wise.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

It sort of feels sport is immaterial this weekend with the war in Ukraine, but with respect to this contest it all depends on whether SRD can ensure they rapidly play the ball from the backs and that they keep the penalty score down. For FC, the return of Connor might swing it.

Saying that we haven't had any "curious" refereeing match changing decisions or disciplinary brain farts yet.  

Have to be optimistic here. Going to be close.

Marc Sneyd on his return to Hull as an opposition player :

“It think it will just be strange,” he told Hull Live. “Hull has took the bulk of my career and I loved every minute of it there.

“It will be very strange to walk out onto the pitch on Saturday and have to go left instead of right.

“It will be really weird but we’re obviously looking to keep up our good start to the season and going in the right direction.”

“It was crazy, the maddest week,” Sneyd said on the move. “I got the phone call from Salford while I was on holiday.

“Me and the family had been waiting to go on holiday for about two years, like everyone else, and once we finally got there I got the phone call. I was thinking ‘I’m not letting it ruin my holiday’ so I put it on the backburner until we got home.

“From there it was 100 miles an hour, back and forth with Hull and Salford and me between.

“Hull were incredible with me in the way they went about it. One of the things I said to Ian Blease when he first rang was ‘I’m not going to leave Hull if they can’t replace me’ because I didn’t want to leave on bad terms.

“I loved my time at Hull, it was incredible and the last thing I wanted to do was leave the fans or the backroom staff and coaches with a sour taste in their mouth towards me. I think it was done in the right manner and quite respectfully.”

“They obviously do know me very well but I’ve just got to pick my times,” he said, turning his mind to the game.

“They know my game like the back of their hand, they know what my strengths are and to tell you the truth I won’t be changing.

“I’ve just got to pick my times and utilise the players around me as best I can, knowing how Hull are going to try and nullify me and use that to our advantage.

“Obviously it will be interesting because I’ve not had to play a team full of players I’ve played with for the last seven years so it could be interesting and to tell you the truth I’m really looking forward to it as well.”

Sneyd dropped a message into the squad’s Whatsapp group when the deal was completed, saying his thanks and farewells to a bunch of players he had been through so much with.

However, the speed of the move meant he never got the opportunity to show his gratitude and appreciation to the supporters who had gleefully chanted his name after every successful conversion, penalty or drop goal.

Sneyd will be all business during the course of the 80 minutes, but he’s keen to officially say goodbye, too.

“I said when it all happened but that’s probably the one thing I wasn’t too pleased about,” he added.

“I absolutely loved it there, it was brilliant and for the most part the majority of the fans were incredible with me. Like I said back then, a massive thank you.

“Hopefully I don’t get too many boos and jeers when I walk out but I’m sure I will if I have a good performance, we’ll see.”

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Marc Sneyd on his return to Hull as an opposition player :

“It think it will just be strange,” he told Hull Live. “Hull has took the bulk of my career and I loved every minute of it there.

“It will be very strange to walk out onto the pitch on Saturday and have to go left instead of right.

“It will be really weird but we’re obviously looking to keep up our good start to the season and going in the right direction.”

“It was crazy, the maddest week,” Sneyd said on the move. “I got the phone call from Salford while I was on holiday.

“Me and the family had been waiting to go on holiday for about two years, like everyone else, and once we finally got there I got the phone call. I was thinking ‘I’m not letting it ruin my holiday’ so I put it on the backburner until we got home.

“From there it was 100 miles an hour, back and forth with Hull and Salford and me between.

“Hull were incredible with me in the way they went about it. One of the things I said to Ian Blease when he first rang was ‘I’m not going to leave Hull if they can’t replace me’ because I didn’t want to leave on bad terms.

“I loved my time at Hull, it was incredible and the last thing I wanted to do was leave the fans or the backroom staff and coaches with a sour taste in their mouth towards me. I think it was done in the right manner and quite respectfully.”

“They obviously do know me very well but I’ve just got to pick my times,” he said, turning his mind to the game.

“They know my game like the back of their hand, they know what my strengths are and to tell you the truth I won’t be changing.

“I’ve just got to pick my times and utilise the players around me as best I can, knowing how Hull are going to try and nullify me and use that to our advantage.

“Obviously it will be interesting because I’ve not had to play a team full of players I’ve played with for the last seven years so it could be interesting and to tell you the truth I’m really looking forward to it as well.”

Sneyd dropped a message into the squad’s Whatsapp group when the deal was completed, saying his thanks and farewells to a bunch of players he had been through so much with.

However, the speed of the move meant he never got the opportunity to show his gratitude and appreciation to the supporters who had gleefully chanted his name after every successful conversion, penalty or drop goal.

Sneyd will be all business during the course of the 80 minutes, but he’s keen to officially say goodbye, too.

“I said when it all happened but that’s probably the one thing I wasn’t too pleased about,” he added.

“I absolutely loved it there, it was brilliant and for the most part the majority of the fans were incredible with me. Like I said back then, a massive thank you.

“Hopefully I don’t get too many boos and jeers when I walk out but I’m sure I will if I have a good performance, we’ll see.”

Will he get a good reception off the Hull fans?

13 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

I would hope so. He served them well for many years. Some good natured banter will be expected too I expect.

This.

He’s sure to get a great welcome from just about all Hull fans I would hope. Then the game will kick off and he’ll probably receive more flack than most opposition players can expect simply because he’s a match winner.

There will no doubt be a huge roar of “Sneeeyd” every time he misses a goal, so we probably won’t get chance to shout it.

52 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

This.

He’s sure to get a great welcome from just about all Hull fans I would hope. Then the game will kick off and he’ll probably receive more flack than most opposition players can expect simply because he’s a match winner.

There will no doubt be a huge roar of “Sneeeyd” every time he misses a goal, so we probably won’t get chance to shout it.

Looking forward to welcoming him back. I'm sure he'll get a great reception. Don't think he'll have any trouble getting his eye in.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

9 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

I think Hull will win this one.

Salford have impressed so far but have played the bottom 2. Will be interesting to see how Sneyd performs I still think Hull were foolish to let him go.

He'll win them games they would otherwise have lost, just as he did for us.

Looks like Salford have brought around 300 speccies today, credit to them.

A couple of Sneyd passes go astray and the crowd let him know they noticed.

Hull go upfield and a terrific kick from Connor sees McIntosh over.

No Sneyd so Connor misses the touch line conversion.

4-0.

Salford lose possession again and beautiful pass from Connor sees Scott over.

10-0.

Another terrific try from Scott following his own kick through. Jake Connor hit off the ball but no sin bin as yet.

14-0.

Connor once again with the final pass, Lovodua this time the try scorer.

20-0.

Sneyd bomb and we don’t deal with it at all.

20-6.

39 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Looks like Salford have brought around 300 species today, credit to them.

Darwin would be proud.

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Archived