Sat 26th Feb: Hull FC v Salford Red Devils KO 3pm

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/02/22 at 15:30

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Very very impressive from Hull, and quite rightly the fans should be rejoicing with such an emphatic win, BUT something tells me we have been here and seen it before with them promising so much in a few isolated games, can they get some consistency going? Only time will tell.

Jeez mate, I would say that we're a very long way from being excited. We struggled at Wakey and suffered a bit of a pasting v Saints at home before yesterday's admittedly decent victory.

The key to Hull FC being a reasonably successful club lies with keeping Jake Connor fit and available, it's that simple.

Yesterday's effort from him was right up there with the most dominant individual performances from a player that I have ever witnessed, he was that good.

We go to Cas next Sunday and Leeds the following Thursday with a short turnaround, we'll have a better idea of our season's prospects after those two.

25 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

The key to Hull FC being a reasonably successful club lies with keeping Jake Connor fit and available, it's that simple.

Add disciplined & motivated. The question is why doesn't he do it more consistently and in the big games (not Salford).

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Jeez mate, I would say that we're a very long way from being excited. We struggled at Wakey and suffered a bit of a pasting v Saints at home before yesterday's admittedly decent victory.

Yesterday's effort from him was right up there with the most dominant individual performances from a player that I have ever witnessed, he was that good.

We go to Cas next Sunday and Leeds the following Thursday with a short turnaround, we'll have a better idea of our season's prospects after those two.

Just ' keeping ' Jake Connor might be the bigger problem ?

32 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Just ' keeping ' Jake Connor might be the bigger problem ?

Indeed.

3 hours ago, Szymala said:

Add disciplined & motivated. The question is why doesn't he do it more consistently and in the big games (not Salford).

I've seen the argument that taking the aggression out of his game would somehow make him a worse player. But I can't get on board with that, a disciplined and controlled Jake Connor would be a fantastic asset to any team, including England. The problem us he's a wind up, which is fine, but he usually manages to just wind himself up too, and worse than the opposition he's trying to get at.

5 hours ago, dkw said:

I've seen the argument that taking the aggression out of his game would somehow make him a worse player. But I can't get on board with that, a disciplined and controlled Jake Connor would be a fantastic asset to any team, including England. The problem us he's a wind up, which is fine, but he usually manages to just wind himself up too, and worse than the opposition he's trying to get at.

It's a funny one. When he's playing well and enjoying himself on the field he just has a way of getting under players skin and it can be a big asset. The problem is when things aren't going so well he can easily become frustrated and push it a bit too far and get himself into bother or allow it to distract him. If he can channel it properly then great, but I'm not sure he can.

I'm biased I know, but for my money he's the most natural ball player in SL by a distance. There are faster, stronger, more athletic players. But he can make the most difficult plays look easy in a way that very few players can. I just wish he would focus on that.

40 minutes ago, MZH said:

It's a funny one. When he's playing well and enjoying himself on the field he just has a way of getting under players skin and it can be a big asset. The problem is when things aren't going so well he can easily become frustrated and push it a bit too far and get himself into bother or allow it to distract him. If he can channel it properly then great, but I'm not sure he can.

I'm biased I know, but for my money he's the most natural ball player in SL by a distance. There are faster, stronger, more athletic players. But he can make the most difficult plays look easy in a way that very few players can. I just wish he would focus on that.

Hes hugely talented, some of things he does is extraordinary. He's also an idiot unfortunately. 

22 hours ago, Scubby said:

Connor can make that England full back spot his own with a great disciplined season. Tomkins is a great player but he is getting older and picks up injuries.

Really is insane that Connor wasn't included by Wane in that 35 man WC training squad last season, even considering his faults leaving out a player of his talent out of a squad that large is baffling. 

I get Wane may want a certain type of player that Connor may not align perfectly with but ultimately I feel it's a very poor reflection on a coach when he doesn't back himself to get the best out of a very talented player. 

On 27/02/2022 at 11:12, Scubby said:

Connor can make that England full back spot his own with a great disciplined season. Tomkins is a great player but he is getting older and picks up injuries.

Can you see Wane making that decision?  
Connor has his work cut out to calm his temper.  If he can, then we have a better chance as imo he can create opportunities better than anyone in SL.  Whether he can calm it enough to convince Wane is another matter.  

49 minutes ago, jacksy said:

Bennett didnt have any worries picking him.

True.

Imo Connor needs to channel his energy into his game, not allowing himself to get wound up.  If he can do that, he’s in the squad, no doubt, and if he gets selected he’ll do the business.  I just think Wane favours Tomkins.

49 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I just think Wane favours Tomkins.

And in other news I think Frankie Boyle may be Scottish.

Archived