Sat 26th-Mon 28th Feb: The Betfred Challenge Cup Round Four Match Thread

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win that, cheered me up no end stuck in the house with the curse of covid.

Only sour note for us is that Eirias Park will probably still not be available in the event of a home draw in the next round.

Commiserations to Hunslet, sounds like it just wasn't your day today, best of luck for the coming season.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

18 hours ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

Why on earth, in this day and age, didn’t you tell the Welsh rugger union to go to hell????? It beggars belief !

We have to play at Eirias Park. The WRU have more clout with the stadium owners. it would be fantastic if we wre in a position of strength but we're not. It is what it is, however annoying and unfair.

A great second half from North Wales Crusaders - two slight errors and no penalties.....superb defence and no points conceded. Brilliant display by all our pleayers.

Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon in slightly odd but pleasant surroundings - agree with gogledd about our defence, that was our best performance in that department for a long while. Gate looked a bit better than I feared and included some groundhoppers but still wasn't that good, here's hoping for a more convenient venue if we're at home in the next round.

12 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon in slightly odd but pleasant surroundings - agree with gogledd about our defence, that was our best performance in that department for a long while. Gate looked a bit better than I feared and included some groundhoppers but still wasn't that good, here's hoping for a more convenient venue if we're at home in the next round.

In all fairness it was nice that there were a good few Hunslet fans there, more than I was expecting. But yes, if we get a "home" draw next round I hope it's somewhere better all-round.....if it's against a big club would the Racecourse possibly be an option?? 

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

On 25/02/2022 at 07:44, Cardypaul said:

When London played at Fev I thought they did the ok. Granted the the weather was poor and the pitch heavy but they defended well and probably their biggest issue was creating chances with both their tries from Fev mistakes. I don’t think they will win many but are probably better than one or two are giving them credit for.

2 soft tries for Fev too and the conditions would have suited Feb far better than London. Not sure of number of wins and if they will do enough to stay up but 2 years ago you would have said they had definitely done enough to remain in SL but still went down! 

13 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Will be hopeful we can pick up something tommorow and will be interesting to see Walker back for us

Some good deals for tickets and the weather looks sparkling at least 

Hopeful on performance with Walker back, not hopeful on attendance. Bradford will still be too strong, but London should be able to compete and keep it close

Looking on ticket site, looks like only a couple of hundred tickets sold, so needs a major pay on the day showing to even get to 700 let alone 1K.

This the first game Dons supporters not bribed with £1 tickets, so will be interesting to see how many show when they need to pay £15

2 hours ago, FearNothing said:

In all fairness it was nice that there were a good few Hunslet fans there, more than I was expecting. But yes, if we get a "home" draw next round I hope it's somewhere better all-round.....if it's against a big club would the Racecourse possibly be an option?? 

Just had a look at Wrexham FCs fixtures around the weekend of 12/13 March. They were due to play at home on the 12th but are away on the Friday night against Notts County in the FA Trophy, and they don't play at home again until the 22nd, so the Racecourse would be "available" on paper at least. We'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow night's draw brings.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

6 minutes ago, fearnowt said:

Just had a look at Wrexham FCs fixtures around the weekend of 12/13 March. They were due to play at home on the 12th but are away on the Friday night against Notts County in the FA Trophy, and they don't play at home again until the 22nd, so the Racecourse would be "available" on paper at least. We'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow night's draw brings.

Don't forget that the SL clubs don't enter until the sixth round, given the rent they'd charge (even assuming they'd have us) I wouldn't think it would be worth our while.

Archived