Sat 26th-Mon 28th Feb: The Betfred Challenge Cup Round Four Match Thread

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Niels said:

Does anyone know when the super league teams enter the draw please?

After the next round. 10 through from this round (9 championship + North Wales by the look of it), then 5 go through to join 11 SL clubs (no Toulouse this time) in the last 16.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

On 24/02/2022 at 11:52, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

The thing with the Royal Navy is they're not your usual amateur team. They include Royal Marines, these blokes are ultra fit, not only physically but mentally. They have the back up  most super League teams dream of. Physios, medics etc. They train the equivalent to full time. I think they'll give Batley a run for their money. And may come out on top.

Well you've made a show of yourself but glad the Navy got a score. Rugby isn't just a gym exercise, it is a very skilful game.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Amor isn't the best commentator is he? He called Newcastle, Newcastle Knights earlier, then we had the final moments of the game when there was 10 mins of the first half to go and we've just had poor York defence when York scored a try. Probably some other stuff I've missed. 😂

Poor Connor Bailey is Bailey Connor this afternoon!

27 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Amor isn't the best commentator is he? He called Newcastle, Newcastle Knights earlier, then we had the final moments of the game when there was 10 mins of the first half to go and we've just had poor York defence when York scored a try. Probably some other stuff I've missed. 😂

He was excellent on Channel 4, however.

This does go to show the need to know what you’re commentating on. Amor subconsciously knows Super League inside and out but step away from that and it’s messy.  

38 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Amor isn't the best commentator is he?

...and thus the honeymoon ends for yet another broadcaster.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2200 => 1400 =>550.

Yes the 550 was the cup, but there are no £1 tickets for Dons ST holders for the York game, so if they are sub 1K for York, then the whole move will be called into question.

Not to mention the Wimbledon football manager already complaining about the effect of Rugby on the pitch, and we have only played 3 matches on it so far

44 minutes ago, JonM said:

Yes. Draw for the 6th round is at the end of Leigh v Widnes on Monday night.

It's 5TH round draw  monday the ten winners whittled down to 5 who join 11 SL in round sx

33 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

That’s a poor attendance and result even by ‘it’s the cup’ standards. Coleman out? 

Is it? They can’t have many more than 500 STH anyway at Broncos and even with a couple of hundred Bulls fans, that’s a decent percentage of STH attending but I get what you’re saying, the bigger picture is that London as an entity are not good at all. 

Archived