Jump to content

Lack of pace in SL


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Trojan Horse said:

Lewis Murphy at trinity. Scoring for fun in last years under 19s in a team that lost only 2 games all season. Probably the most exciting young winger in the game last years academy comp.

He played in reserves today scoring 2 and setting up another.

We could very well see TJ and Murphy lining up on each wing a.d that is some serious pace and speed.
 

 

He had an excellent game this morning as Wakefield Reserves kicked off their season with a resounding 42-16 victory over Hull KR.

We may see the Johnstone/Murphy duo as early as this coming Thursday? 

  • Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

He had an excellent game this morning as Wakefield Reserves kicked off their season with a resounding 42-16 victory over Hull KR.

We may see the Johnstone/Murphy duo as early as this coming Thursday? 

I do hope so. Murphy is a left winger by trade but obviously TJ has that sewn up. May have to adapt to right wing. 
 

i watched a number of academy games and Murphy was a cut above the league. Seems he’s started his next step by proving he can also do it against more established players. 
 

think he was opposite Ethan Ryan of KR today and I heard had the better of him throughout. 
 

wakey aren’t a glamour club but one thing we can be proud of is the talent coming through. How we have unearthed so many players with so much potential is beyond belief. Our quad is littered with youth with alot of potential. 

Hope we do see Murphy this Thursday.
 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surely to goodness the fact that our pitches are very soft owing to the recent weather must come into the equation.

In contrast,the Aussies are just leaving their summer so the pitches should be rather "firm".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DoubleD said:

 

P.S. please don’t make this another boring thread about how Australia has the pick of talent, playing pool 

 

I normally agree with your posts, but if you are going to remove the fast players from your list, and then tell people they can't quite a very valid reason as to why we don't have athletes like the NRL does then I'm not sure what the point of your thread is. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I normally agree with your posts, but if you are going to remove the fast players from your list, and then tell people they can't quite a very valid reason as to why we don't have athletes like the NRL does then I'm not sure what the point of your thread is. 

I’ve already clarified my point later on. SL has sides stacked of wingers who aren’t particularly quick but are bulky and the focus appears to be making ground out of back field. 

This disappoints me as I enjoy watching fast, agile wingers but there appears a dearth arm. Other than Tindall and Murphy, what young exciting wingers are coming through? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I’ve already clarified my point later on. SL has sides stacked of wingers who aren’t particularly quick but are bulky and the focus appears to be making ground out of back field. 

This disappoints me as I enjoy watching fast, agile wingers but there appears a dearth arm. Other than Tindall and Murphy, what young exciting wingers are coming through? 

Most of the players you had on your list are capable of going 70m on the pitch, Lineham did that last week versus Catalans for example. Charnley was not brought into the game as simply a metre maker. Nor were many others on your list or those who were omitted. There is a requirement for a winger to have pace, we will generally see them as the fastest players on the pitch, but there is also a requirement to make some metres in your own half. That is no different in the NRL though. 

Which then brings us back to the fact that they do have more quality athletes to choose from. 

NRL wingers are used pretty much in the same way as SL wingers. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't understand this thread; every season throughout the sport's history has comprised some outstanding wingers and some not so good.

We have loads of players this year who are as equally exciting to watch as any other. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a terrible take this is, though at least it's a new version of everything in the NRL is better I suppose. I mean its wrong, as it always is, but it's new wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...