Rovers TV

plug

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

FWIW I still think Rovers TV is brilliant despite having followed Sunday's match on Radio Leeds.

There are misinformed people who think that the 3 or 4 quid a month it costs covers every game live, when it's clearly not and never has been. It's radio comms of the game, and an uploaded recording of the match 48 hrs later. Plus lots of interviews and other bits.

It's been running since 2015. That's over 200 matches in the back catalogue and 50 more "Gold" matches to enjoy.

There's super league clubs that have launched their 'brand new super innovative' TV channels years after ROvers started theirs.

In Jamie Hobbs, Rovers have a brilliant cameraman and technician. WE have had many commentators, we all have our favourites, but in general they have done well, and first team players are always avaialable to help out too.

Right, yes, when we play away, we're reliant on the network coverage available in that stadium and sometimes it's patchy and lets us down, but hey, I know for a fact that folk did their best to try and rectify the problem.

Some comments on Sunday were OTT and do no-one any favours.

I think people are overreacting here. 

I'm keeping my subscription. They upload great content when it comes to highlights and interviews. 

I couldn't make it Sunday but wanted to listen. When this didn't work, I put Radio Leeds on and it wasn't a massive issue. 

It might have been out of their hands as far as connections goes.

I like it but go to most games and have never listened to Rovers Radio commentary but i like it for the highlights and rerun of the game. Plenty of old games as well worth watching again,personal choice at the end of the day.

I've had FevTV on and off for a number of years.  Although  I cant recall the last time I even tried to listen to the radio commentary.  (Just a personal thing - whenever I turn it on we always seem to be about to score then we knock on or its disallowed - does my head in not being able to see it) 

I like to watch the full games back again - whether I've seen them live or not - and its probably worth the subs for that.

Things could be improved - I'm sure there was a lull for a good couple of months at the end of last year with virtually nothing added so what were we paying for ?  Only 4 of our 5 tries (and none of Fax's) were on the Trylights as of last night and probably most of them were on twitbook by then.  Could do with some more of the Gold stuff as well.  (lots of stuff out there on dvd and youtube). Also maybe could do with more one-offs like Jones and Hall chatting while having their hair cut....(lol)

Come to think of it - I'm starting to doubt whether its worth it......

As well as th obvious benefit of a large library of games to watch, I also see it in the same way as squad builder.  It's a way of helping the club with the benefit of something in return.  I'm more than happy to keep paying through the close season as a tiny contribution to guaranteed cash flow.

Archived