Cup Draw

Spike

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Haven would be a battle and we would risk injuries we don't need in the league battle.

The poorest team from round 4 at home. As it's the 70th anniversary of our greatest day, this year a cup run would be good but only if it didn't spoil our league efforts. Not bringing in the SL clubs until round 6 is deplorable. Even the FA Cup allows the smaller league clubs a chance to draw one at round 3.

We only need a cup run if we get Wigan at home at some stage. I'd make a special tri down for that.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Who do we want?

Haven at home imo.. easy way through to the super league clubs 😜😜

I wouldn't fancy Haven at home spike, They are a lot better team now from then when played them learlier. I would like, another Div1 at home to be honest but whoever it is get them at home, but if it turns out to be haven we certainly give a game.... 

24 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Haven at home for me, we aren't going to win the cup and its all about getting a good crowd and a big pay day

Yep Haven, home or away, will do for me. Neither team is going win the trophy but there would be fierce rivalry in a derby, providing great atmosphere, and lots of cash.. with the winners possibly facing a Superleague prima donna outfit in next round...

10 hours ago, troutmaster said:

I wouldn't fancy Haven at home spike, They are a lot better team now from then when played them learlier. I would like, another Div1 at home to be honest but whoever it is get them at home, but if it turns out to be haven we certainly give a game.... 

I think it's tongue in cheek from Spike Trouty, no chance he believes that 🤔 

1 hour ago, chromedome said:

Yep Haven, home or away, will do for me. Neither team is going win the trophy but there would be fierce rivalry in a derby, providing great atmosphere, and lots of cash.. with the winners possibly facing a Superleague prima donna outfit in next round...

& being potentially only 80mins away from the final in the 1895 Cup Semi Finals, 3/5 winners go into the Semi Finals & 2/5 play out the play-off to get the last place

Draw is after tonight's game on Premier Sports 

Betfred Challenge Cup Fifth Round draw numbers:

1 Barrow Raiders
2 Batley Bulldogs
3 Bradford Bulls
4 Featherstone Rovers
5 North Wales Crusaders
6 Sheffield Eagles
7 Whitehaven
8 Workington Town
9 York City Knights
10 Leigh Centurions or Widnes Vikings

17 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

A nice day out at Yorks new stadium would nice for you and as everyone knows it's always sunny in Yorkshire.

I remember years ago having a great away day to York, though I cant remember which stadium. I just know we ended up in a bowling alley right near the ground having a laugh, then in a pub opposite after the game with a load of York lads, brilliant day that.

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

I remember years ago having a great away day to York, though I cant remember which stadium. I just know we ended up in a bowling alley right near the ground having a laugh, then in a pub opposite after the game with a load of York lads, brilliant day that.

They did us there when we were highflying I remember that 

16 hours ago, troutmaster said:
17 hours ago, Spike said:

league clubs 😜😜

I wouldn't fancy Haven at home spike, They are a lot better team now from then when played them learlier.

🤔 I'm not so sure about that Troutmaster.  40 points scored in 4 league games. I'd take them at home in the next round. A winnable game and a good crowd. 

I thought the draw was to be made at Half- time in tonight’s match between Leigh and Widnes on Premier Sports

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

4 hours ago, dkw said:

Ryedale 

5 hours ago, dkw said:

Remember going on the last game of the season and spoiling their coronation party,but also remember shipping 70pts there in a play off game.

21 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

No Haven would be a battle and we would risk injuries we don't need in the league battle.

The poorest team from round 4 at home. As it's the 70th anniversary of our greatest day, this year a cup run would be good but only if it didn't spoil our league efforts. Not bringing in the SL clubs until round 6 is deplorable. Even the FA Cup allows the smaller league clubs a chance to draw one at round 3.

We only need a cup run if we get Wigan at home at some stage. I'd make a special tri down for that.

1895 final Featherstone  v Workington 70th anniversary of Wembley 1952 , time we got own back lol 😆. 

Archived