Match thread: Championship Rd5. Featherstone Rovers v Halifax. Sunday 6th March 2022.

marklaspalmas

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OldManMarley said:

I know, av been reading em. You don’t half get defensive like. You jump on a opinion against your own like a tramp on chips. That’s why saying “wind your neck in” sort of goes against “people deciding for themselves” and voicing an opinion. I’ve decided that last weeks stats mean nothing haven’t I? That’s why I decided that your stat post was pointless, so I gave my opinion that it was pointless and I still think it’s pointless because guess what, it was totally pointless!? Hahaha! 

You jumped in and said nobody gave a toss about them. That's a bit arrogant for you to judge, isn't it?

I'm well aware that things like that aren't for everyone, but I don't think it's too hard to skip by them if they aren't interested.

And as for being defensive, well your post was aggressive and I thought a bit unnecessary, so you bet I'm going to answer you back. Yes if people put things on here I disagree with then I'll say so, and if they disagree with me they'll say so, that's how forums work.

7 minutes ago, OldManMarley said:

I thought your post on stats was unnecessary, it is unnecessary? It was last week? What’s aggressive about that? Who cares about last week? I did the pots last week? Is are lass interested? Nope! 

If someone posts something on here that I disagree with then I’ll say so, that is how forums work. That’s what I did? I don’t get what’s happening here? You are basically contradicting yourself? I disagreed with you posting stats a week ago and you told me to wind my neck in? Isn’t that how forums work? I think you need to think about what what you are saying? Keep digging.

Who cares about  last week ? Plenty  of fans care about last week as they are interested in stats , i care about YEARS as well as i really enjoy all the information on the Featherstone  Rovers  Archive. People will make their own minds up. And for what it's worth you did come across as arrogant but that may not have been your intention, just scroll by if you're not interested.

3 minutes ago, OldManMarley said:

I thought your post on stats was unnecessary, it is unnecessary? It was last week? What’s aggressive about that? Who cares about last week? I did the pots last week? Is are lass interested? Nope! 

If someone posts something on here that I disagree with then I’ll say so, that is how forums work. That’s what I did? I don’t get what’s happening here? You are basically contradicting yourself? I disagreed with you posting stats a week ago and you told me to wind my neck in? Isn’t that how forums work? I think you need to think about what what you are saying? Keep digging.

The difference is you were pretty rude about it.  I was trying to post something that might have been helpful/interesting to some readers and wasn't publicly available, and your reply was literally "who gives a toss".

If you'd asked me to explain why I thought the stats were of any interest, I'd have done so. 

Pointless keeping this going, so put me on the Ignore User list if you like and let's move on

Maybe OMM has got out the wrong side of bed today. Perhaps his missus called him out cos he hadn't washed the pots properly. Who knows? What I do know is that I for one enjoy reading the stats that TPH puts on this forum. Sometimes they reinforce the performance that we witnessed and sometimes they make you re-evaluate. Whatever they do, they are harmless and if someone is not interested they can vote with their scrolling button and just go on past. Keep up the good work TPH!

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

1 minute ago, roversspud said:

Maybe OMM has got out the wrong side of bed today. Perhaps his missus called him out cos he hadn't washed the pots properly. Who knows? What I do know is that I for one enjoy reading the stats that TPH puts on this forum. Sometimes they reinforce the performance that we witnessed and sometimes they make you re-evaluate. Whatever they do, they are harmless and if someone is not interested they can vote with their scrolling button and just go on past. Keep up the good work TPH!

Well put Spud old boy.

11 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Louis Joufrett hamstring going makes me sad. 🥲

A significant occurrence.... Bussey going off was a significant impact too.

Joofs hammy popping when it did.... when a try was on, probably trumps JBs absence.

A cracking effort from fax.... a team I love to beat😊

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The difference is you were pretty rude about it.  I was trying to post something that might have been helpful/interesting to some readers and wasn't publicly available, and your reply was literally "who gives a toss".

If you'd asked me to explain why I thought the stats were of any interest, I'd have done so. 

Pointless keeping this going, so put me on the Ignore User list if you like and let's move on

I would leave this one alone TPH.  I think he's a nutter / had a few too many or doesn't like someone knowing more than him.  Whatever wasn't he the one that actually started referring to comments from last weeks game after this weeks ?????

After the dust has settled its easy to forget how we were feeling at 4-12 down and facing defeat.  However, even allowing for Fax playing well, we were poor at just about everything in that first 65 minutes.  We might have won by 4 tries to 2 but it felt like we were outplayed for most of the game.  We were even out sung by Fax fans which tells a story.

Early days but much improvement is needed. 

Holmes and Chizzy got better today.......

24 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

After the dust has settled its easy to forget how we were feeling at 4-12 down and facing defeat.  However, even allowing for Fax playing well, we were poor at just about everything in that first 65 minutes.  We might have won by 4 tries to 2 but it felt like we were outplayed for most of the game.  We were even out sung by Fax fans which tells a story.

Re your last line i think we need to beat Batley in the Cup next week so i would leave out Jacks  and play Holmes and Chizzy in the halves with Morgan Smith at 9 and Jones off the bench.Just mixing it up a bit and i think Holmes Dosn't become fourth choice because he had one poor game and deserves a chance to get up the pecking order.

15 hours ago, RobLambert said:

If we can win playing poor I will settle for that we need some tough games not strolls in the park every week. 

I think people are forgetting that Halifax were been talked about as favourites for 3rd place so it was never going to be an easy game. I also think they got away with a lot at the play the ball which really stopped our rhythm 

19 hours ago, Fevrover said:

If we can win playing poor I will settle for that we need some tough games not strolls in the park every week. 

Agree with the first bit to an extent but being realistic we haven't played well so far this season (in bits maybe) and at some point we have to stop putting it down to bad pitches and injuries given the quality of the players we still have available.

Watched the Widnes v Barrow game last night - what a cracker it was.  Both threw the ball around and Barrow in particular defended with real intensity.  Based on last night I think either of those teams would beat us at the minute.

Just feels to me that rather than getting better we are increasingly looking like theres a defeat coming - against someone we should be beating - even if that does sound arrogant. 

Agree that we have only played well in patches this season.And Sunday there was a real difference in Fax players running from depth and most of our players flat with not a lot of momentum.However we are fit and usually see out the full 8o min.I really enjoyed lasts night game it was a credit to The Championship with good attacking Rugby.However both teams were weak in defence on the edges so i think we would exploit that.And we should be a different proposition when we get all our players back

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Agree that we have only played well in patches this season.And Sunday there was a real difference in Fax players running from depth and most of our players flat with not a lot of momentum.However we are fit and usually see out the full 8o min.I really enjoyed lasts night game it was a credit to The Championship with good attacking Rugby.However both teams were weak in defence on the edges so i think we would exploit that.And we should be a different proposition when we get all our players back

Yeah Fax did look like they were dead on their feet at the end and we looked stronger but a couple of things going in their favour heading in to that last quarter and I think they would have been out of sight.

1 hour ago, RobLambert said:

Yeah Fax did look like they were dead on their feet at the end and we looked stronger but a couple of things going in their favour heading in to that last quarter and I think they would have been out of sight.

Too be honest i had given up all hope of us winning with 20 min to go.

1 hour ago, RobLambert said:

Even right at the end, if Walmsley had taken the intercept it would have been Halifax.  But as everyone is saying, we're pretty average at the moment and still winning games against the better Championship teams.  It bodes well for when we do click.  It's frustrating when you know what the lads are capable of but it just doesn't quite get there.

I think we saw a few glimpses of what Riley Jacks might offer.  Bearing in mind he's only been in the country a matter of days and never played with the team before, I thought he did pretty well.

6 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Watched the Widnes v Barrow game last night - what a cracker it was.  Both threw the ball around and Barrow in particular defended with real intensity.  Based on last night I think either of those teams would beat us at the minute.

Im going to disagree with the bolded part, as much as the game was excellent to watch, both teams defence looked really frail so I think Fev would have scored at ease against both last night.

Archived