Hull football- new owners/ new truce

Copied and pastef

As the new ownership and new era, we are not keen on spending money on somebody else’s business, spending on resources of something else.

“We will help them to become more competitive in the business aspect, but we will not pay the bills for everybody else.”

So this to me sounds like they need Hull FC to pay more 

The statement seems a bit bizarre to me. Surely with 2 tenants that both get decent crowds the KCOM Stadium should be a profit making stadium for the council that own the stadium. I’m not sure in what way the football club believe they are subsiding the rugby club but I can only guess they are paying more to use the stadium. Can anyone provide anymore info? Here is the statement.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-chief-opens-up-6736711.amp

3 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The statement seems a bit bizarre to me. Surely with 2 tenants that both get decent crowds the KCOM Stadium should be a profit making stadium for the council that own the stadium. I’m not sure in what way the football club believe they are subsiding the rugby club but I can only guess they are paying more to use the stadium. Can anyone provide anymore info? Here is the statement.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-chief-opens-up-6736711.amp

Hull City will have 25-30 home league games per season compared to 13-15 home games for Hull FC. I would imagine this where the payments differ.

15 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Hull City will have 25-30 home league games per season compared to 13-15 home games for Hull FC. I would imagine this where the payments differ.

Pearson needs to stand his ground instead of folding like a cheap suit 

So what is wrong with the statement exactly? Reads to me like a much more positive relationship than previously, and the concentration on just one phrase is normal for some fans. 

Of course, expect the usual nonsense about clubs owning their own stadiums.

5 hours ago, The storm said:

Copied and pastef

As the new ownership and new era, we are not keen on spending money on somebody else’s business, spending on resources of something else.

“We will help them to become more competitive in the business aspect, but we will not pay the bills for everybody else.”

So this to me sounds like they need Hull FC to pay more 

Seems a strange statement in the middle of an article stating the new stadium management owners are keen to improve their relationship with Hull FC.I am not aware of the SMC or Hull City spending money on somebody else’s business, spending on resources of something else.

At least not Hull FC and certainly not from the previous regime

So. it sounds like your position is this:

It's ok for people not  to own their own home(rent or mortgage).

It's ok for the majority of shops and factories not to be owned by their proprietors.

Its ok for upwards of 70 % of new cars not to be owned by finance companies etc.

Its ok for most offices not to be owned by their occupiers.

Its ok for most companies not to own their own plant and equipment.

Its ok for most transport companies not to own their own vehicles.

Its ok for most shipping companies not to own their own vessels.

Its ok for govt buildings not to be owned by the govt (acting for us.)

However, it's NOT ok for SL clubs not to own their own stadiums.

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

It's ok for the majority of shops and factories not to be owned by their proprietors.

Its ok for upwards of 70 % of new cars not to be owned by finance companies etc.

Utter madness

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

What's been subsidized?

Nothing. It seems to be suggesting that despite using the ground for nearly a third less times, that FC should pay as much as City to the SMC (owned by City iirc).

5 hours ago, JohnM said:

You miss the point. Being a Rugby League club, almost any pro sports club, is a loss-making venture.

Owning a stadium maximises revenues and in the long run minimises costs.

As long as clubs like Wigan have owners who are willing and able to cover the substantial losses they make every year that's fine.

But one look at the financial performance of the Big Four shows three who own their stadia who are pretty comfortable and one who doesn't who is really languishing in losses and has a frighteningly weak Balance Sheet.

21 hours ago, JohnM said:

So what is wrong with the statement exactly? Reads to me like a much more positive relationship than previously, and the concentration on just one phrase is normal for some fans. 

Of course, expect the usual nonsense about clubs owning their own stadiums.

There was a lengthy interview with Acun Ilicali, Hull City's new owner, on Radio Humberside before City's game with Barnsley. He was inevitably asked whether he would be looking to buy the stadium at some point. He said buying the stadium was "not possible" and he wanted to rent the stadium and buy players instead.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

" he wanted to rent the stadium and buy players instead."

Exactly. in some circumstances for some clubs, buying the stadium instead of renting it  might make sense and might work. In other circumstances, for other clubs, renting the stadium instead of buying it  might make sense and might work.

It's the trotting out of the doctrinaire condemnation of those clubs that rent rather than buy that stimulates a response.

Archived