Realignment announced

8 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Involves creating a third body?

Surely just merging to form a single body is better?

What I take from it is they are forming their own commercial entity.  Percentages are mentioned in name only.  

Hopefully, we will get clarification on how this will all work.  Fine details.

"It is fantastic news for the whole game of Rugby League, from the elite level of Super League right down to the community game," Super League chairman Ken Davy told Sky Sports News. “What it means is that for the first time, we will be bringing together every element of the game into three parts”

Fabulous stuff, what successful sport doesn’t organise its National governance into three parts. 

Sounds ok to me on what info is available.

There is a need for a governing body seperate from clubs interests but clubs need a say on their finances and progression. Sounds like the FA and the various football  leagues but with an overarching body  to prevent too much conflict

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

What it means is that for the first time, we will be bringing together every element of the game into three parts”

Let's try and help Ken Davy out...

"We will be bringing together every element of the game into one" can be true

"We will be dividing every element of the game into three parts" can be true

We will be bringing together every element of the game into three parts"  isn't a sentence that can be true

No idea whether it will be an improvement to current situation or just another sounds good idea.

I guess the only aspect is that the commercial arm enables an easier route for private equity investment that wouldn't dilute the clubs ownerships.

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

"It is fantastic news for the whole game of Rugby League, from the elite level of Super League right down to the community game," Super League chairman Ken Davy told Sky Sports News. “What it means is that for the first time, we will be bringing together every element of the game into three parts”

Fabulous stuff, what successful sport doesn’t organise its National governance into three parts. 

That statement couldn't be more comical if they tried.

Yup another layer of management.

We need a fourth body to co-ordinate French rugby's entente with the RFL, SL and Newbie board.

Then another for all of Europe.

Next the Transatlantic if Ottawa joins up.

And last the World.  🙃

There are oceans of research, self help books and articles urging organizations to be what they called robust, dynamic and agile. Most aspire for sensible clear lines of responsibility and accountability.

There is conversely a huge flotilla of 1 % types gliding between multiple boards and committees, who rarely seem to achieve much bar collect their "expenses."

Erm. Lots of cooks. 

I have no idea whether this sounds good or bad, because there is little detail and what is in there is hard to make sense of. 

But, if this means that key decisions are going to be more I dependent from the clubs that could be good. 

I'm split on the lumping commercial assets together point, I think it becomes a bit lazy to throw in things in packages (Challenge Cup with Championship rights for example), and I think it muddies the value of things which I think was part of the reason for the split in the first place. But I can see some benefits of having that ability to do it if needed. 

I suppose we will see what comes next. 

The bit I am interested in is whether this new board has investors on it. 

If anyone thought that the SL hierarchy would allow just one body to control the game of which they were just a part of were they did not have full control or at least an objectionable process are living in cloud cuckoo land, this way they still keep their identity and no doubt still in control. 

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

If anyone thought that the SL hierarchy would allow just one body to control the game of which they were just a part of were they did not have full control or at least an objectionable process are living in cloud cuckoo land, this way they still keep their identity and no doubt still in control. 

But they already have control, they don't need to do any of this, they've got what they apparently wanted. 

They are moving into a model that gives the RFL more power. 

This does sort of feel like the kind of model that should have been in place at the start, as the powers are too muddled. SLE didn't have full absolute control of the top flight, but didn't have the RFL with them at board level, so it didn't work. 

You either have to have full control or a JV. 

We previously had full control (pretty much) for the RFL, which isn't necessarily the best way. 

31 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Davy says it should all be in place for the WC.  Taken some time, which doesn’t show too much urgency to me but at least it seems to be positive.

So anyone who is stating or hoping there will be another structural change to either a 14 team SL or 2 FT divisions of 10 can forget that happening, surely such major changes will have to be put on hold until the new governance is in place to discuss, decide and advise the club's that changes will be effective for next season '23, the statement "should be in place for the WC" say's to me don't expect it to be in place before this season's end.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So anyone who is stating or hoping there will be another structural change to either a 14 team SL or 2 FT divisions of 10 can forget that happening, surely such major changes will have to be put on hold until the new governance is in place to discuss, decide and advise the club's that changes will be effective for next season '23, the statement "should be in place for the WC" say's to me don't expect it to be in place before this season's end.

All these ‘could, should,might’ comments really mean wait and see Harry.  We’ve never had any hard and fast commitments other than the disclaimer that’s it’s been a complicated challenge.

13 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

All these ‘could, should,might’ comments really mean wait and see Harry.  We’ve never had any hard and fast commitments other than the disclaimer that’s it’s been a complicated challenge.

So what's your interpretation of "Should be in place for the WC" LD? as I implied Davy is not expecting anything soon to happen that is why he is saying at least 8 months to come to fruition.

Personally I am not in the least bothered about structural changes, I am quite happy with P&R by whatever function it employs maybe 1 for 1, or top Championship team immediate promotion then a play off with 11th placed SL team for a second Champ team to be promoted, or even resurrecting the 8's system anything will suit me, but some people are hoping for a structural change, Mr Beaumont this morning in 'Love RL" is campaigning for a 2 X 10's system as are a lot of other people, whilst a 14 SL is very favourable amongst fan's, but I don't expect anything will happen with this suggested new governance till '24 at the earliest.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

So what's your interpretation of "Should be in place for the WC" LD? as I implied Davy is not expecting anything soon to happen that is why he is saying at least 8 months to come to fruition.

Personally I am not in the least bothered about structural changes, I am quite happy with P&R by whatever function it employs maybe 1 for 1, or top Championship team immediate promotion then a play off with 11th placed SL team for a second Champ team to be promoted, or even resurrecting the 8's system anything will suit me, but some people are hoping for a structural change, Mr Beaumont this morning in 'Love RL" is campaigning for a 2 X 10's system as are a lot of other people, whilst a 14 SL is very favourable amongst fan's, but I don't expect anything will happen with this suggested new governance till '24 at the earliest.

There you are then.  Expectations satisfied H! 🙂

Archived