Realignment announced

42 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Thankfully the world moves on and this looks really interesting.

Their involvement with RLWC 2017 did not end well.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Thankfully the world moves on and this looks really interesting.

Their involvement with RLWC 2017 did not end well.

Didn't we end up in a legal battle with them, or have I dreamt that? 

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Didn't we end up in a legal battle with them, or have I dreamt that? 

I can't remember the details but they were the rights holder and lost money when rights didn't sell - which impacted the amount the tournament was able to hand over to the world body. No idea how, or if, it was resolved.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

34 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I can't remember the details but they were the rights holder and lost money when rights didn't sell - which impacted the amount the tournament was able to hand over to the world body. No idea how, or if, it was resolved.

I have something in my head about legal issues and rights problems in PNG or something. 

But I suppose IMG are huge and have different divisions, hopefully we partner with a competent one! I know we have used IMG before for tv deal negotiations. Although none were as valuable as Nigel Woods. 

12 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Barney Francis works for IMG. Can’t be coincidence that since he left Sky, IMG are suddenly all over Super League like a rash. Perhaps he saw the untapped potential?

As said, they've been involved before. I'd forgotten about their attempts with the TV rights but, yup, that was them too.

It is a positive but until they actually produce results it's just potential.

Archived