Jump to content

Thur 3rd Mar: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)


Who will win?  

36 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Wakefield Trinity
      20
    • Leeds Rhinos
      16

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/22 at 20:30

Recommended Posts


But for the odd bounce of a ball Wakey could have been closer in the Saints game. Nearly beat the other finalist away without their captain and nearly beat Hull.....they actually have form

From their 21 man man squad not sure Leeds are going to have too many excuses - players out wise....their 17 might well be the closest to their most desired all year (personally I think that includes Broadbent at centre ahead of Sutcliffe)... they definitely have something to prove tommorow 

Can see a close Wakey win or Sezar/Austin click and Walker finally shakes off the rust in which case Leeds seal it by 12 of more 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leeds almost at full strength and coming off three losses, it feels like a must win and I think they will.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once wakey win can the sky erection for them shift to another club. At least leeds no longer own the Friday night slot

  • Haha 1

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Once wakey win can the sky erection for them shift to another club. At least leeds no longer own the Friday night slot

You'll never shift Leeds from tv as long as they are consistently the best rated team - it's those ratings that Sky hand over over £1.8m or whatever it is now to every club in the league for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The bookies have looked at Wakefield's depleted back line and make Leeds 1/2 favourites. 

Real shame that Cory Hall couldn't continue his excellent start to the season against his previous club but it gives an early opportunity for Jack Croft to get back into the action after his long layoff. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Leeds almost at full strength and coming off three losses, it feels like a must win and I think they will.

We have a few players back, but almost full strength is misleading. Richie Myler, Alex Mellor, James Bentley, Tom Holroyd, Muizz Mustapha and Sam Walters are all confirmed out while Harry Newman and Mik Oledzki are in the squad but there is some doubt as to whether they will play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, M j M said:

You'll never shift Leeds from tv as long as they are consistently the best rated team - it's those ratings that Sky hand over over £1.8m or whatever it is now to every club in the league for.

Absolutely, Leeds bring in the tv money along with Saints and Wigan. Clubs like Wakefield and Salford take an equal share, they should be thankful for that, Sky pay the money and pick the games they want to show, which are the games their viewers want to see. If clubs tv revenue was based on tv appearances Leeds would be far netter off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

We have a few players back, but almost full strength is misleading. Richie Myler, Alex Mellor, James Bentley, Tom Holroyd, Muizz Mustapha and Sam Walters are all confirmed out while Harry Newman and Mik Oledzki are in the squad but there is some doubt as to whether they will play.

Any team that takes the field in jersey's 1 to 13 with the exception of one player looks like they are full strength to me and that is how the game squad has been named.

Are Richie Myler, Alex Mellor, James Bentley, Tom Holroyd, Muizz Mustapha and Sam Walters all in the Leeds full strength 17?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Any team that takes the field in jersey's 1 to 13 with the exception of one player looks like they are full strength to me and that is how the game squad has been named.

Are Richie Myler, Alex Mellor, James Bentley, Tom Holroyd, Muizz Mustapha and Sam Walters all in the Leeds full strength 17?

Then surely by that rational any team with squad numbers 23, 24, 26 and 29 in the squad is not at full strength. James Bentley has squad number 11 by the way, Alex Mellor 15 and Tom Holroyd 18, although Tom Holroyd will be in the squad week in week out when he’s recovered from injury. Richie Myler doesn’t have the number 1 shirt but is our first choice full back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Then surely by that rational any team with squad numbers 23, 24, 26 and 29 in the squad is not at full strength. James Bentley has squad number 11 by the way, Alex Mellor 15 and Tom Holroyd 18, although Tom Holroyd will be in the squad week in week out when he’s recovered from injury. Richie Myler doesn’t have the number 1 shirt but is our first choice full back. 

Which of the players that you mentioned were out would be in a full strength Leeds 17?

I'm just trying to ascertain how many of your full strength 17 you think you are missing.

Edited by Dunbar

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Which of the players that you mentioned were out would be in a full strength Leeds 17?

I'm just trying to ascertain how many of your full strength 17 you think you are missing.

Realistically it's Myler and Bentley plus potentially Holroyd on the bench.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

Realistically it's Myler and Bentley plus potentially Holroyd on the bench.

Yes, I thought it looked like those three from the first choice 17.  That seems like almost full strength to me.

I expect Leeds to get their season on track today with a win.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wakefield, despite not yet registering a win, have looked alright to me. Pushed Hull and Catalans very close and also gave a good account of themselves against Saints. Leeds played well against Warrington in difficult circumstances, but looked rubbish against Wigan and Catalans. I'll back Leeds to win based on the fact that I think they are a marginally better team, and they are due a performance. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Wakefield come out on top though.

Leeds by 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Yes, I thought it looked like those three from the first choice 17.  That seems like almost full strength to me.

I expect Leeds to get their season on track today with a win.

Myler, Bentley, Mellor and Holroyd would all be in our first choice 17, we are not at full strength. I still expect Leeds to win by 20 points. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Myler, Bentley, Mellor and Holroyd would all be in our first choice 17, we are not at full strength. I still expect Leeds to win by 20 points. 

I didn't say Leeds were at full strength. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...