Thur 3rd Mar: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/22 at 20:30

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three rounds in a row SKS has got his prediction wrong. I hope the win will serve as some sort of consolation. :kolobok_biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Good interview from Mikolai , spoke well and clear , much better than your average prop 

I don't disagree but it did make me smile when he used the same sort of phrasing for the war as for Leeds losing three games: "yeah, they're going through a tough time at the moment".

Good win for Leeds. did they take their foot off the gas or did Wakey finally decide to put a shift in?

Leeds can now sit back and rest for seven days until their next game at home to Hull who will play them four days after visiting Cas on Sunday.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

40 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Please stop apologising for choice language FFS !!

Apologies to anyone if they picked up any bad language in the above post.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

12 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Good win for Leeds. did they take their foot off the gas or did Wakey finally decide to put a shift in?

Leeds can now sit back and rest for seven days until their next game at home to Hull who will play them four days after visiting Cas on Sunday.

Bit of both, not sure if it came across on TV but the weather got a lot worse in the second half so I’m not surprised Leeds played a bit more conservative, especially after Handley put the game to bed.

Need to watch it back but Leemings hit didn’t look too bad to me at the ground, looked like he hit the chest then rode up.

Hope Newman is OK hes an absolute class act that kid

I was worried when I saw the team, no recognised centres. Very poor performance by the Trin losing Miller early on didn’t help but Leeds didn’t have to do anything special to put 30 on us first half. Second half put more of a fight, Kendal evened up the penalty count but all in all a disappointing night.  On to next week put that performance behind us and improve against Toulouse.  Hope young Murphy holds his head up and keeps battling.

Up the Trin 

5 minutes ago, M j M said:

Is it too soon to say Fusitu'a looks like he could be a dud?

not many would have scored his try.

he is very good in the air.

he was well out of position for the Johnson try near the end - hard to tell why without a better view,   

What is it your seen to say what you say about him being a dud.

30 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Apologies to anyone if they picked up any bad language in the above post.

WTF?

47 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Think about it, mate. Who gave the respective half-time team talks?

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

5 hours ago, Ullman said:

Think about it, mate. Who gave the respective half-time team talks?

Good point, well made.

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

Is that burger van in the corner Wakey’s attempt at creating a Toronto experience? 

theres "special stuff" in them burgers

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

8 hours ago, DavidM said:

Please stop apologising for choice language FFS !!

Very boring observation from me but it's an OFCOM rule - they have to, no matter how daft it is that they do.

They could broadcast live from the Swearing Stand at the World Swearing Championships and if the live mic picked up swearing they'd still need to say sorry.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

10 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

@silverback @9' oller are you 2 still laughing at this prediction?

Back to being worldbeaters them there whinos..... right that's wakey hammered anybody think saints or Wigan look fragile yet

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

54 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Very boring observation from me but it's an OFCOM rule - they have to, no matter how daft it is that they do.

They could broadcast live from the Swearing Stand at the World Swearing Championships and if the live mic picked up swearing they'd still need to say sorry.

They’d need to say how f’ing sorry they were, and then apologise for that too! 

8 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

I was worried when I saw the team, no recognised centres. Very poor performance by the Trin losing Miller early on didn’t help but Leeds didn’t have to do anything special to put 30 on us first half. Second half put more of a fight, Kendal evened up the penalty count but all in all a disappointing night.  On to next week put that performance behind us and improve against Toulouse.  Hope young Murphy holds his head up and keeps battling.

Up the Trin 

What you surely mean is , Wakefield got on the front foot more therefore causing a back pedalling defence to concede more penalties than they were when they were on the front foot?

Archived