Fri 4th Mar: SL: Warrington Wolves v Catalans Dragons KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/03/22 at 20:30

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, audois said:

Dezaria first arrived from Provence back in 2016. But he struggled to make a name for himself. Think he may have played at Leigh. If he did he didn't show up there. He then turned up at Toulouse playing in Championship but they let him go. He kept at it though turning up in Perpignan to play for St Esteve. He's flowed hasn't he! Good on him.

Yes he was at Leigh, and from what he is now acheiving is a long way from that raw kid at the time, he played only in a few games and putting it as mildly as I can was not very good hence only a few games and let go, but the best of luck to the lad he has worked hard and come good.

But I will say one thing about this situation, he is probably not unlike a number of player's who develop later than others and are let go from clubs, but there is a system that could keep promising player's at clubs, it is nothing new every club used to have one it was called the 'A' team or now known as the reserves, fringe player's could be persevered with and time could be devoted to work with them, a properly organised well structured reserve team League has so many *benefits to clubs.

Not least doing away with DR.

PS audois, doesn't St. Esteve have strong connections with Catalan and act as it's feeder club and if so could it be loosely classed as their reserve team? An honest question.

7 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

PS audois, doesn't St. Esteve have strong connections with Catalan and act as it's feeder club and if so could it be loosely classed as their reserve team? An honest question.

The link is closer than you imagine, Harry.  Saint-Esteve XIII Catalan is the reserve team of Catalans Dragons, rather than a separate club.  Here is a link to their page on the Dragons' website (English version):

Dragons Catalans (catalansdragons.com)

I stand to be corrected, but I think the Dragons tend (or have tended) to use it primarily as something like an U-23 side, but on their website they are called 'reserve team' and, of course, the Elite 1 competition has no maximum age restriction.

While we have had much debate in England in recent times about whether, when and in what competition structure to run reserve sides, both Les Dracs and Olympique have been quietly getting on and doing it with sides in Elite 1; the TO squad is, I think, this year styled as Toulouse Olympique Elite.

I hope that clarifies the situation.

Think a ban is very harsh on Charnley here. Don't think it was intentional. Drinkwater lifting the leg caused it IMO.

But, James Bentley got an extra match added on to his suspension for a frivolous appeal. I wonder if Charnley will for a far more open criticism of the disciplinary process?

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

Think a ban is very harsh on Charnley here. Don't think it was intentional. Drinkwater lifting the leg caused it IMO.

But, James Bentley got an extra match added on to his suspension for a frivolous appeal. I wonder if Charnley will for a far more open criticism of the disciplinary process?

Is there precedent for a ban for that? 

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Is there precedent for a ban for that? 

I'm not sure. Although the RFL disciplinary panel claim not to be bound by precedent.

For what it's worth, I don't think Charnley should be banned at all. It would just strike me as odd that a suspension is increased for appealing using the correct channels, yet not for direct criticism of the panel through Twitter.

3 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

I'm not sure. Although the RFL disciplinary panel claim not to be bound by precedent.

For what it's worth, I don't think Charnley should be banned at all. It would just strike me as odd that a suspension is increased for appealing using the correct channels, yet not for direct criticism of the panel through Twitter.

I assume any charge would be a completely separate charge. It has nothing to do with a frivolous appeal. 

Archived