Sun 6th Mar: SL: Castleford Tigers v Hull FC KO 15:30

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/22 at 16:00

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, MZH said:

Radford has said that Hull are still running his playbook so they should be able to have an idea what we are going to do. 

Hull by 30

I wouldn't read too much into that HDM article, they're doing a fair bit of paraphrasing in my opinion.

If Cas can't get up for this one then they're in real trouble. Their coach will let them know it's one they need to win so I think they'll be well up for it. 

Having said that it's difficult to work out how they're struggling so badly this year, the loss of Holmes and Matautia can't make that much of an impact surely?

Or is it simply down to Powell leaving?

Whatever, I think it'll be a close one.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I wouldn't read too much into that HDM article, they're doing a fair bit of paraphrasing in my opinion.

If Cas can't get up for this one then they're in real trouble. Their coach will let them know it's one they need to win so I think they'll be well up for it. 

Having said that it's difficult to work out how they're struggling so badly this year, the loss of Holmes and Matautia can't make that much of an impact surely?

It's a game we should win comfortably. They can be as up for it as they want but they look poorly organised and ill disciplined and generally like a very poor team. I want us to build on the Salford game with another ruthless performance. Plus we have some more troops back (Savelio, Evans at the very least, maybe more) whereas they are missing important players. My 30 point prediction was a bit tongue in cheek based on Radford's comment (fair enough maybe they shouldn't be taken as the HDM have reported them) but anything less than a double figures win will be underwhelming.

21 hours ago, MZH said:

Radford has said that Hull are still running his playbook so they should be able to have an idea what we are going to do. 

Hull by 30

One thing is for sure, Cas are no longer running Powell's playbook

Tuimavave is still a big miss but we're now getting one or two others back slowly.

Might run a sweep to see how long Kane Evans stays on the pitch.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "20 BROWN 21 JOHNSTONE 22 BOWDEN 23 WYNNE 25 VULIKIJAPANI 26 BURRELL 29 SHAUL 01 CONNOR 02 SWIFT 04 GRIFFIN 05 MCINTOSH 06 REYNOLDS 08 SAO 09 HOUGHTON 10 SATAE SAVELIO 13 LANE 14 LOVODUA 16 EVANS 17 FASH 19 MCNAMARA ၁၀ hummel GNEERING RFASTER.PERFORM Jacuzti 21 MAN SQUAD FTERS Atropa Jadan press"

Cas squad :

May be an image of text

On 02/03/2022 at 21:22, Old Frightful said:

Cas have been on decline since that fabulous season in 2017.

Powell is obviously a good coach but Ive yet to see anything to say he is a great one, his sides have consistently fallen short when it actually matters.

He will go well at Warrington but I’m not sure it will be this year, they look to be lacking a lot up front.

I think Cas may sneak this one in an entertaining and tough game, im half tempted to go watch it as I think it will be a great game for the neutral. If Conner plays well Hull win.

Should be a decent atmosphere tomorrow as Hull have shifted around 2,000 tickets for the game. Along with the away fans who will be paying on the gate it should make for a sizeable crowd.

We sound absolutely terrible. We need to survive the next few minutes without Houghton otherwise it's going to be game over. Westerman has been penalised for passing off the floor to let us off the hook.

Archived