Mon 7th Mar: Champ: Widnes Vikings v Barrow Raiders KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Widnes Vikings
    • Barrow Raiders

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/22 at 20:15

Just a reminder that it is possible (and permitted) to enjoy something on its own merits, without needing to expose your personal insecurities with a needy sneer at something else.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Ok so Widnes lost but sounds like a belter to get people coming back.  Who had Barrow underfeated four games in? 

Cant wait to catch the highlights of this one.  

Widnes for one.... on their own midden too

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

4 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Cant wait to catch the highlights of this one.  

Worth waiting for.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

Every one of these games so far this season have knocked super league into a cocked hat, the commentary team are great and the on pitch stuff is superb 

I was slated on these pages a couple of years ago for saying that the rugby played in the Championship is far more entertaining than in SL, I have seen nothing since that makes me change my mind.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Refs had a good game too, dont know who he is though.

I was just worried that he would be late to bed with, I presume, school in the morning.

Still, when you are 71 like me, most people under 50 look ridiculously young!

This match was a great reminder that, in sport, technical ability and great entertainment are not the same thing.  If teams have at least a modicum of the former, then they can demonstrate more of the latter than technically superior sides.

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Having a game where they are both pt or ft helps.  We know FT leigh and Fev are going to run away with it second half.  

What a good result for Barrow. 

Are Widnes not FT? I thought they were. 

After going 12-0 up I thought we stopped respecting possession. Kept handing the ball over and Barrow's go forward was good all night. Second half, Barrow take the lead and our continuous mistakes kill us. On a different note is it me or does.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

When I switched on it was already 12-0 to Widnes, but Barrow definitely deserved their win, although the Chemics had a try wrong ruled out and not sure if Tyrer deserved 10 minutes, couldn't see what had exactly happened (but I'm guessing the Red did). Well done Barrow, and was very impressed with Hakam Miloudi and Sammut showed a few moments of class.

Not long back from the game.

Definitely an entertaining tussle, and one that on balance Barrow deserved.

The tries either side of half-time were killers from a Widnes perspective, but I felt at HT that Barrow had certainly started to win the battle and the momentum was with them.

After a slow start to the second half, Widnes got back into it after Tyrer was binned but just couldn't get any luck whenever they made a half-break.

I was impressed with Barrow, especially on the right edge. I blame myself for laughing the first time the centre tried to step and I was calling him a poundshop Benji. He destroyed us after that!

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

You know he's doing his job when social media has lots of CAPSLOCK addicts screaming that he's useless and also (somehow) corrupt. :kolobok_biggrin:

Ah “CORRUPT” a RL fans favourite word. Although “The Game Has Gone Soft” is catching up with it. 

I prefer watching these Championship games to Super League televised fixtures. I can't be the only one. Games are authentic and not full of theatrics with players trying to pull the wool over the referees eyes, and commentary and analysis is far superior to the tired Sky output.

A travesty that Sky historically hogged these fixtures every season and did so little with them.

6 minutes ago, clogdance said:

When I switched on it was already 12-0 to Widnes, but Barrow definitely deserved their win, although the Chemics had a try wrong ruled out and not sure if Tyrer deserved 10 minutes, couldn't see what had exactly happened (but I'm guessing the Red did). Well done Barrow, and was very impressed with Hakam Miloudi and Sammut showed a few moments of class.

Widnes have always been partial to being undone by a prominent half-back. Number of the likes of Danny Brough and Dennis Moran did us in!

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think he's only about 22 as well.

He does look very young, but it’s great too see and i hope he is a huge success in the game. I could imagine people at the match a lot older than him were frothing at the mouth wanting to rip his head off. Yet we wonder why the game is struggling to attract new officials. 

Had a little 'punt' on Barrow of scratch at 4-1 as i though Leigh really softened Widnes up last week.

First 10mins, Widnes looked good. The last 70 mins, Matty Smith went hiding and Sammut had the team running some good lines.

Kerching!, well done Barrow and a tough pack to boot. Their right edge, uncompromising and dangerous. Great stuff !!

12 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Widnes have always been partial to being undone by a prominent half-back. Number of the likes of Danny Brough and Dennis Moran did us in!

How many times has Sammutt done us? London last season he made the break a couple of minutes from time that lead to the winning try. Before that, again for London he dropped the last minute drop goal that won the middle eight game. No doubt there's more that I've forgot.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

16 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Matty Smith i didn’t really see much of him bar the odd kick into the corner. 

Archived