Sheffield

DavidM

Haven’t seen a thread on this so here goes . What do we think ? Personally I think this is a huge game , it’s one of those games we need to target and highlight … and one we need to be winning . Last week was encouraging , we were comfortable against a lower end championship side , so we should have no inferiority complex . On home soil we should be on the front foot , and if we play as we can and get stuck in we should be confident. Here’s hoping anyway 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying not to get carried away as realistically we're still favourites to finish bottom but i'm very encouraged by what i've seen this year. The attitude is terrific , we've unearthed two gems in Walker and Teare and our confidence is growing.  All games in this league are tough but having watched the highlights of Sheffield against Hunslet Parkside ill be disappointed if we lose this one.

The home performances so far have been very encouraging. Is there much difference between Sheffield and Dewsbury? Not enough for me to think we cant come away with a win. Hope Walker retains his place, really like seeing him take the line on. Hopefully have Cus back in the side and Simmons will have served his ban. 

Simons should be back from suspension, but we lost Jake L last week  so we may be still down to the 17 available players.

Any word on Matty H and Karl F Is Zac O injured?

With the loss of Ryan W back to the community and long term injuries to Messrs Scoley and Weetman and retirement of Elliot, we could do with a couple of loans or signings.

We are improving and not far off but need a win to keep the momentum building.

1 hour ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Simons should be back from suspension, but we lost Jake L last week  so we may be still down to the 17 available players.

Any word on Matty H and Karl F Is Zac O injured?

With the loss of Ryan W back to the community and long term injuries to Messrs Scoley and Weetman and retirement of Elliot, we could do with a couple of loans or signings.

We are improving and not far off but need a win to keep the momentum building.

Bet your hard to beat at scrabble...

Sheffield won away at Bradford and if they are going to be one of the Teams near the bottom we can`t afford to lose any more ground to them  this week , but if we play with the same commitment as the last 2 games we should come away with the win .UTT.

No Jake or Cus in the squad. At least we’ve got Evan Simons back. Injuries and suspensions are going to really test us. I see Barrow have taken 2 forwards on loan from Salford, if Stevie, Matty, Cus, Dave Weetman and Jake are all going to be missing for a while, together with Caine missing 3 games we might have to be looking at loan signings. 

Barnes, Bickerdike, Brown, Clarke, Clegg, Dawson, Doran, Fitzsimmons, Forber, Hutchings, O'Donnell, Olstrom, Postlethwaite, Simons, Singleton, Steele, Teare, Thomas, Thomson, Walker, Young.

• Squad news.

The squad has prepared well and went up against our friends from Seaton Rangers ARLFC on Thursday in an opposed session as they prepare to commence their first ever NCL Division 3 game against Eastmoor Dragons, KO 14:30pm Saturday at Seaton Welfare! 

We wish you the very best wishes, well done to all who have made it possible!  

Evan Simons returns to the squad after completing his suspension. Prop Jake Lightowler misses out with a knee problem, David Weetman and Stevie Scholey remain out as they continue their rehabilitation from the injuries sustained in 2021. Marcus O'Brien remains sidelined and is awaiting a scan on his shoulder /collar bone problem and is unavailable, as is Matty Henson with an ankle problem, however we had confirmation yesterday that Matty will not need an operation and will be working his way back to fitness with rehabilitation from club staff.

Nervous about today as we are desperate for the points, not sure how good Sheffield are but they won away at Bradford so must be a decent outfit. If we show the same commitment and pride in the shirt that we have seen in all the home games, we won't be far off I hope. Let's get down to DP in numbers and make the extra man, they deserve it  UTT. 💙💪

Oh dear oh dear

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Archived