Sheffield

DavidM

No doubt Chris will be as disappointed as anyone with that performance especially after last week, unfortunately you can only spend what you have,we have seen in the past the club laying out money we didn't have and ending up in financial trouble, unfortunately the super league clubs seem to be loaning players to their nearest neighbours and we will struggle to bring people in. Time to assess what went wrong and move on to the next game

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's looking already that it's 3 clubs separately at the bottom.

Very depressed listening to the posts. As bad as what I concluded listening to the radio. Surely our end of last season and early season gates have brought good funding into the club. We need to spend that now before gates dwindle watching a losing team.

1 minute ago, troutmaster said:

Well having watched the mont on saturday there was not anyone that could be called an attacking player, the only player that was called attacking would be the number 12 but was small but had some guts about him.The number 3 was a big lad but deffo not an attacking player,if you want attacking players just look at Hunslet park side,there front row and the big 11 and 12 were really good and they were definitely attacking players and a little cockey 7 made them tick.

2 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Yes I do but someone has to take responsibility and the Buck stops with the head coach as he identifies the players he wants to sign 

Before the season started I was told their was 3 people coming on board who were putting money in but unfortunately for unknown reasons pulled out leaving any team building plans up the creek. So Chris hasn't particularly had it easy having to go to plan b at a late stage..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

6 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Well having watched the mont on saturday there was not anyone that could be called an attacking player, the only player that was called attacking would be the number 12 but was small but had some guts about him.The number 3 was a big lad but deffo not an attacking player,if you want attacking players just look at Hunslet park side,there front row and the big 11 and 12 were really good and they were definitely attacking players and a little cockey 7 made them tick.

Seen the mont play a pre season game and only attacking player I can think of would be Kristian Tyson. He was signed at Barrow a few years ago before his brother signed (Mark) but then went back to the community game. Maybe could be him?

8 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

A bit like Lock Lanes forwards yesterday at the Brow, big and go forward, 

My fear is all the good work getting promoted last season will be thrown away as we haven’t built a squad that can compete.

Chris said he wanted a mobile squad, so that’s his decision and his choice of player reflects that decision, but as we have seen, there’s no substitute for size  and speed, and that’s where we are sadly lacking across the park

Is it really that much of a suprise where we currently  sit. Yes discipline needs to improve and effort but we all spoke pre season about the lack of forwards/halves.  Already it looks like 2 from 3 for the drop although it's early days. Let's hope we can get some in and you never know. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

If the things that were said on the terraces about players out drinking yesterday was true then they need sorted out.. we pay money every week to watch them

Until these un-named faceless people identify themselves and make these types of rumour fact ignore them. After being just promoted to this championship league, it was always going to be a big learning curve, especially with some young players in the team that were playing amateur league last season.

Mayb the fact that certain players were still in the well and pads after midnight duznt help, thats my in last, everyone struggling  financially in life why waste £17  when certain players dnt give a and out drinking t early hrs, 100% true doormen

16 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

Mayb the fact that certain players were still in the well and pads after midnight duznt help, thats my in last, everyone struggling  financially in life why waste £17  when certain players dnt give a and out drinking t early hrs, 100% true doormen

Well done you just won the 2022 over reaction post, if it's true I'm sure Chris will be on to it

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Seemed to be another Widnes all over again take the 2 10m zones out and it would've been about 18-4.

The worrying thing defence wise I noticed while doing stats for the times and Star report was 6 of their 9 tries come from an offload somewhere in the set. The other 3 2 came off 6 again's and the intercept try. That is basic discipline and basic rugby league to cover a ball. These things happen and are sent to test us. Regroup and go again at Barrow 

57 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Seen the mont play a pre season game and only attacking player I can think of would be Kristian Tyson. He was signed at Barrow a few years ago before his brother signed (Mark) but then went back to the community game. Maybe could be him?

Hi, Was he a forward or in the backs. To be honest I never seen anyone that would fit in the current team that was playing for the mont, although going by todays performance by Town anyone would be welcome.

10 minutes ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

Seemed to be another Widnes all over again take the 2 10m zones out and it would've been about 18-4.

The worrying thing defence wise I noticed while doing stats for the times and Star report was 6 of their 9 tries come from an offload somewhere in the set. The other 3 2 came off 6 again's and the intercept try. That is basic discipline and basic rugby league to cover a ball. These things happen and are sent to test us. Regroup and go again at Barrow 

Basic? Very hard to stop offloads when your'e opponent is bigger and faster than you

13 minutes ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

I don't agree, at Widnes we had a good attacking shape and for a big part of the game there was little between the teams. Today we were outplayed and out thought for most of the game, it was embarrassing. Chris is a top coach and will not accept that kind of performance.  I just hope we aren't that bad. 

7 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Basic? Very hard to stop offloads when your'e opponent is bigger and faster than you

I get what your saying and of course it's easier if you're bigger but Caine made a tackle and the ball was offloaded, now I wouldn't say he's small or slow. It's the first time this year we've encountered it and looked like we hadn't worked on it. 

21 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

So i didnt see town players? Mayb me bn sober and working i was mistaken, mayb haven players 🤔

I'm as piddled off as anyone with todays tripe but I'm still trusting Chris to sort any problems out on and off the field. 

26 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Hi, Was he a forward or in the backs. To be honest I never seen anyone that would fit in the current team that was playing for the mont, although going by todays performance by Town anyone would be welcome.

Hi mate, he's a back, switches between full back & half back and could probably play Centre. Not sure if he played yesterday as haven't seen the team.

16 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

I get what your saying and of course it's easier if you're bigger but Caine made a tackle and the ball was offloaded, now I wouldn't say he's small or slow. It's the first time this year we've encountered it and looked like we hadn't worked on it. 

Of course always going to be offloads, I was generalising in response to the basic comment, but totally agree we looked like a side deviod of ideas and passion if i am honest. Have watched town for over 60 years thro good and bad times but have to say, today was one of poorest displays i have seen

Ive been watching loads of old matches on YouTube with the likes of damage, roskell, Ashton etc and thought the wouldn't have been on the field 5 minute with the rules of today. Matches were way better to watch back then with refs letting games flow and letting players do good hard fair (sometimes unfair) tackles without receiving 3  match bans! And that wipping tackles off rule does my nut in 

2 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Ive been watching loads of old matches on YouTube with the likes of damage, roskell, Ashton etc and thought the wouldn't have been on the field 5 minute with the rules of today. Matches were way better to watch back then with refs letting games flow and letting players do good hard fair (sometimes unfair) tackles without receiving 3  match bans! And that wipping tackles off rule does my nut in 

100% agree re 6 again,   what advantage do you get when 6 again awarded on first tackle? (as he gave us twice and only occasions as well)

12 minutes ago, Onreport said:

100% agree re 6 again,   what advantage do you get when 6 again awarded on first tackle? (as he gave us twice and only occasions as well)

With one being virtually on our own line 

Archived