Sheffield

DavidM

1 hour ago, Rodders2010 said:

Mayb the fact that certain players were still in the well and pads after midnight duznt help, thats my in last, everyone struggling  financially in life why waste £17  when certain players dnt give a and out drinking t early hrs, 100% true doormen

This is just gibberish- what are you babbling on about?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Onreport said:

100% agree re 6 again,   what advantage do you get when 6 again awarded on first tackle? (as he gave us twice and only occasions as well)

That was my feeling too, we seemed to have about two 6 again all game and both early in the tackle count and in our own 20, they seemed to get about 15 of them!

Sometimes you don't know what they are even given for, if its a penalty they have to signal what it was for, would it be so hard to make the rule you signal set restart then show what it was for? It seems they give set restart for things they would never give an actual penalty for, it seems a cop out Sometimes. 

9 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

This is just gibberish- what are you babbling on about?

It makes perfect sense to me! 2 players out in Workington, drinking the night before a game.

Taking the ###### out of the club and the fans, the fans who pay their wages!

9 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

That was my feeling too, we seemed to have about two 6 again all game and both early in the tackle count and in our own 20, they seemed to get about 15 of them!

Sometimes you don't know what they are even given for, if its a penalty they have to signal what it was for, would it be so hard to make the rule you signal set restart then show what it was for? It seems they give set restart for things they would never give an actual penalty for, it seems a cop out Sometimes. 

Agree , I don’t like it . And when you’re at the ground you’ve no idea what they’re for or sometimes  that they’ve even been signalled . Because it’s not a pen I think refs throw them out like confetti . Yesterday the six again and pens against us must have nearly rivalled the score . I think refs now are to involved , to fussy and have to much influence on games , some of that being down to the at times ridiculous protocols that have no empathy with the game , and drive to over sanitise it from those in charge . 

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Agree , I don’t like it . And when you’re at the ground you’ve no idea what they’re for or sometimes  that they’ve even been signalled . Because it’s not a pen I think refs throw out like confetti . Yesterday the six again and pens against us must have nearly rivalled the score 

When a team gets rolled down the field easily like we were yesterday,the penalty count is always going to be against you, we were on the back foot all game.

33 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Agree , I don’t like it . And when you’re at the ground you’ve no idea what they’re for or sometimes  that they’ve even been signalled . Because it’s not a pen I think refs throw them out like confetti . Yesterday the six again and pens against us must have nearly rivalled the score . I think refs now are to involved , to fussy and have to much influence on games , some of that being down to the at times ridiculous protocols that have no empathy with the game , and drive to over sanitise it from those in charge . 

100%

Farrell and Thackeray ran the show form the first minute to the last , they were just too quick and kept spreading the ball out wide causing us all kinds of problems , and when you have Welham and Jones-Bishop down one side you`re in trouble .Discipline was poor once again , pointless putting in a decent kick when you give a soft pen away first or second tackle . A study of videos this season will or should show up the players who are mostly responsible and steps should be taken to sort this out .What was also worrying was that there was a lot of arguing going on amongst some of our players while the match was in progress , not discussions , proper arguing , we played as a unit last week but this week looked all at sea.............and don`t forget Dewsbury have already beaten Sheffield at home !

17 hours ago, DavidM said:

How many offloads led to tries and chances for them ?  Ive said it before you can count the number of our offloads on the fingers of one finger . It just makes it easier to defend against you 

Exactly that, a couple of offloads with defenders drawn in leading to gaps all over the place exploited by class half-back. We seldom if ever off load (instruction?) and our offence is predictable and easily defended.

1 hour ago, snoopdog said:

When a team gets rolled down the field easily like we were yesterday,the penalty count is always going to be against you, we were on the back foot all game.

True . In general though I think a lot of 6 again calls are arbitrary , picky and really don’t need calling . 

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

I think its just which refs you get - Last week was a pleasure to watch Ben Thaler. A very experienced ref, which unfortunately we rarely see. He Didn't put up with players trying to ref game and only got involved when he needed to - only thing i found missing with Thaler he let a few forward passes go, but there again i had a better view in grandstand.

The ref we had v Fev was abysmal - never seen him before and dont want to see him again.

Yesterday ref was as one sided as the score, regarding 6 again etc - but it wasn't his fault we lost.

We just come up against a far more experienced side all round. 

Sheffield as a team have played at an higher level than us for a while as have most of their team. Most of our team have been in L1 for a wile or amateur leagues. The intensity of Champ v L1 is vast as we all know.

We had a bad day - Sheffield had a good day

You can be fit, you can teach moves etc at training but you cant train experience, that is only gained in time and occasionally you will come up against an experienced side and find it hard to compete.

41 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

We had a bad day - Sheffield had a good day

That just about sums it all up I suppose.

Yesterday I had to miss the match owing to family duties.....but I managed to listen in on Radio Cumbria.

And at times I felt like switching it off. (not only because of score)..The commentary duo were ok, apart from one invariably calling Thackeray 'Jamie'...easy error. But it was quite annoying to hear a Town fan, obviously sat nearby them, yelling all sorts of comments, mainly at the ref, it was indeed so very embarrassing....the commentators kept having a chuckle at the loudly hailed observations.....nowt wrong with strong passion though I suppose.

Anyway it wasn't only the ref to blame was it? I've trawled through the post match comments, and one fact I totally agree with is the Town squad lacking 'beef' upfront....mobility may be useful but a powerful pack can dominate most games.

Sad to read of a player's lack of commitment the night before this game...hopefully it's not really true and just a figment blown up by a pessimist?

So it's gonna be a tough campaign, we knew that anyway.......but I hope the club can address the obvious needs for the playing squad asap.......UTT

2 hours ago, chromedome said:

That just about sums it all up I suppose.

Yesterday I had to miss the match owing to family duties.....but I managed to listen in on Radio Cumbria.

And at times I felt like switching it off. (not only because of score)..The commentary duo were ok, apart from one invariably calling Thackeray 'Jamie'...easy error. But it was quite annoying to hear a Town fan, obviously sat nearby them, yelling all sorts of comments, mainly at the ref, it was indeed so very embarrassing....the commentators kept having a chuckle at the loudly hailed observations.....nowt wrong with strong passion though I suppose.

I thought the other mis-quote from the Barra commentators yesterday was when one of them said, after yet another Sheff try, " so Isaac Hayes will try to kick another goal"--can only think he is a big fan of the 70's movie Shaft.

If you're not of a certain age Isaac Hayes wrote and sang the theme tune to that classic!

Just watched the tries again on the highlights video and sorry to say there’ll be some players who will be embarrassed by their defensive “efforts” on quite a few of them.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Well having missed the game yesterday but listened on the radio it sounded very bad bit having just watched the highlights and trys back awful performance is a understatement there was a few trys where we just gave up and let them have a easy try pretty embarrassing performance all round 

40 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Just watched the tries again on the highlights video and sorry to say there’ll be some players who will be embarrassed by their defensive “efforts” on quite a few of them.

A couple of well worked tries,including Town’s but the majority were just soft.

4 hours ago, Derwent said:

They weren't tries, they were gift wrapped presents. 

Well barrow showed tonight you need to break the bank to stay in this league and have that xfactor throughout there squad they may just make the playoffs with ease like the 2 loan signings they made this week were 2 very good impact forwards so why weren't they picked up by us as we've lacked forwards and they would fit the bill 

On 06/03/2022 at 20:48, Neutralfan7 said:

Hi mate, he's a back, switches between full back & half back and could probably play Centre. Not sure if he played yesterday as haven't seen the team.

Thanks Marra, There was a big lad playing at 3 but he looked a bit nervous. Clearly he has the pace to compete, but after his first burst he gained about 50 yards before being tackled and then slowly went very quiet. 

8 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Well barrow showed tonight you need to break the bank to stay in this league and have that xfactor throughout there squad they may just make the playoffs with ease like the 2 loan signings they made this week were 2 very good impact forwards so why weren't they picked up by us as we've lacked forwards and they would fit the bill 

The problem is that the spending barrow have just done is unsustainable in this county. Good for their fans while it lasts though 

Archived