Hull sign Denive Balmforth

Hull FC have paid a fee to sign Denive Balmforth from Warrington’s academy. Don’t really know much about him, but it’s claimed he’s highly rated. I guess being behind two international hookers in the pecking order means he wouldn’t get many chances at the HJ.

Not sure how much Hull have paid.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

1 minute ago, Desert Skipper said:

Hull FC have paid a fee to sign Denive Balmforth from Warrington’s academy. Don’t really know much about him, but it’s claimed he’s highly rated. I guess being behind two international hookers in the pecking order means he wouldn’t get many chances at the HJ.

Not sure how much Hull have paid.

He is already an international in his age group.  

Only 18 and I’m amazed Wire let him go.  Excellent acquisition and one for the future.

7 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

He is already an international in his age group.  

Only 18 and I’m amazed Wire let him go.  Excellent acquisition and one for the future.

Must be decent to go for a fee at that age. Is he from that neck of the woods? 

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

4 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Must be decent to go for a fee at that age. Is he from that neck of the woods? 

Leeds.  I seem to remember reading he wanted to be closer to home.  Maybe the quieter run across to Hull is preferable to the 62?

Good grief!!!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

If biff, bam &bash is his only attribute then he won’t make it as a hooker, being tough is a great attribute but SL isn’t age group rugby and the big kid doesn’t always score try’s and win MotM awards.

I sincerely hope he’s got more to his game than that video shows, he’ll need some guile, vision and great core skill to make it as a 9

Archived