Nice while it lasted

14 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Like the article says, we've got more than enough of our own players. No need for dual reg for us this season.

That's how it should be M but to be fair I don't think we ever used it willy nilly and got lads in on DR for the sake of it 

I've never been a DR fan. I hate the system. But I know why it's there and why we've used it. And to be honest, if we're going to have a mutual relationship with a club I'd rather it be with Leeds.

However, there is something heartening (to me at least) in this. The fact we don't need Leeds fringe players cos we have better gives me a reight buzz. There's a huge positive for me in this.

It didn't say whether our fringe players could still play in their reserves? That seemed a good arrangement to me. I remember the days when players returning from long term injury would play a game or two in the A team before returning to the first team, plus if our injury problems clear up there will be more lads needing a game.

30 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

It didn't say whether our fringe players could still play in their reserves? That seemed a good arrangement to me. I remember the days when players returning from long term injury would play a game or two in the A team before returning to the first team, plus if our injury problems clear up there will be more lads needing a game.

Could'nt you DR with a League 1 club to give your fringe players a game?

29 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

We could, but to be fair is league 1 game time better than SL reserves level?

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

I've never been a DR fan. I hate the system. But I know why it's there and why we've used it. And to be honest, if we're going to have a mutual relationship with a club I'd rather it be with Leeds.

However, there is something heartening (to me at least) in this. The fact we don't need Leeds fringe players cos we have better gives me a reight buzz. There's a huge positive for me in this.

This is exactly how I feel about DR and our situation. I’d very much like to see DR go by the board, but to be honest the short term loans currently available ain’t much better 

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

3 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Preparing for promotion Robin, need to untangle ourselves. 👍 

3 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

Probably a moot point given we're still quite possibly entwined with Leeds as far as reserves go, but if we (as fans) don't want to DR with a SL side, why would we view it as fine to DR with a League 1 side? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, gazza77 said:

Probably a moot point given we're still quite possibly entwined with Leeds as far as reserves go, but if we (as fans) don't want to DR with a SL side, why would we view it as fine to DR with a League 1 side? 

Steve Slater had concerns about fringe players getting game time.I suggested an alterative if the Leeds reserves arrangement fell through.Sorry if I upset you.

2 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

Steve Slater had concerns about fringe players getting game time.I suggested an alterative if the Leeds reserves arrangement fell through.Sorry if I upset you.

You didn't. I was trying to make the point about how us supporters often feel about DR, yet some seem to feel it would be fine to send our players out in the same way. Clearly badly worded in my part. 😉

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

57 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Well, well, well... the anti-DR crowd at York aren't going to be happy about this...York sign a DR agreement with Leeds for four of their youngsters to play in their reserves and academy...wonder if this imapcts on our fringe players?

http://yorkcityknights.com/club/knights-youngsters-set-to-get-gametime-with-leeds-rhinos/

Why wouldn't York fans be happy with it?

22 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Because some people like to chelp about it when other clubs use it. Selling your soul to the devil, etc. 😉

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

23 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

We've had several years of fans from clubs across the Championship using DR as a rod to beat Fev with, including one or two vociferous York fans (not many in fairness), so after the relentless and tiresome jibes it's quite amusing to see clubs whose fans may at times have been a bit holier-than-thou going down the same route. We had one Leigh fan on here a year ago saying clubs who used DR shouldn't be eligible for promotion...

42 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

We've had several years of fans from clubs across the Championship using DR as a rod to beat Fev with, including one or two vociferous York fans (not many in fairness), so after the relentless and tiresome jibes it's quite amusing to see clubs whose fans may at times have been a bit holier-than-thou going down the same route. We had one Leigh fan on here a year ago saying clubs who used DR shouldn't be eligible for promotion...

But it's not the same route. Have you read the press release? 

Just now, marklaspalmas said:

Ah yes.

We've also had many fans of other clubs tell us that their DR was not the cheating-fev-sold-your-soul-to-the-devil DR, but another, lovely touchy feely super fab DR.

It's our academy lads spending time in their academy, because we aren't allowed to run an academy. It's nothing to do with the first team.

I do wish folk would actually read before jumping in.

4 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

It's our academy lads spending time in their academy, because we aren't allowed to run an academy. It's nothing to do with the first team.

I do wish folk would actually read before jumping in.

Yeah but it's  DIFFERENT for us, it's not like whatever Fev are doing jumping into bed with Leeds and reasons and excuses.

Archived