More "banter" from Wagga

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hadn't seen the post/picture on twitter yesterday, but i saw the apology, had no idea what it was about but didn't feel the need to go searching for it.

First thing when i looked on twitter today, daily mirror article "RL player ryan boyle in the ###### for sharing unfortunate nrl player photo"

Cheers lads

On 06/03/2022 at 19:19, RigbyLuger said:

When we're trying our best as a sport to promote women's RL, tweets like this are beyond stupid.IMG-20220306-WA0010.jpg.3d4539299fe1d115e04254f4d82f8b47.jpg

I thought is was quite funny , if it was a mens player with his c!?k out I’m sure womens magazines or presenters or fans would be having a laugh I know I would , it wouldn’t make me feel objectified . I respect the NRL womens players who put there bodies on the line, enjoy the blooper real as much as you enjoy the highlights , however Personally the NRL womens game should be over the moon at the positive marketing and promotion it gets , that is frankly way beyond its popularity , That kind of out there presence will attract people who’s opinions may differ from the Status Quo as laid down by the NRL , That’s freedom speech we can’t simply silence people however ignorant we may perceive there opinions to be , surely we must understand that now more than ever . 

2 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

I thought is was quite funny , if it was a mens player with his c!?k out I’m sure womens magazines or presenters or fans would be having a laugh I know I would , it wouldn’t make me feel objectified . I respect the NRL womens players who put there bodies on the line, enjoy the blooper real as much as you enjoy the highlights , however Personally the NRL womens game should be over the moon at the positive marketing and promotion it gets , that is frankly way beyond its popularity , That kind of out there presence will attract people who’s opinions may differ from the Status Quo as laid down by the NRL , That’s freedom speech we can’t simply silence people however ignorant we may perceive there opinions to be , surely we must understand that now more than ever . 

That’s half the problem right there - you’re presuming what women find funny

28 minutes ago, Spidey said:

That’s half the problem right there - you’re presuming what women find funny

Your presuming what all men find funny in that case , my wife and most of her mates would find it hilarious. I’m sure lots of Wonenwoyld find It chauvinistic Ian’s crass , and to a degree I see their point . Based on what your saying , you think (or want ) all people to find what you find funny , funny . 

Just now, RL Tragic said:

Your presuming what all men find funny in that case , my wife and most of her mates would find it hilarious. I’m sure lots of Wonenwoyld find It chauvinistic Ian’s crass , and to a degree I see their point . Based on what your saying , you think (or want ) all people to find what you find funny , funny . 

That’s possibly the worst case of whataboutary ever 😂😂

17 hours ago, andyscoot said:

And what if she was bothered by it?

Then her rights at being offended shouldn’t affect the rights of someone who isn’t offended , your part of that set of people who trumpets free speech as long as it conforms to your ideals and values . I see things every day that offend me and make my blood boil . But I would happily face bullets to keep it that way . The other option is far to scary , and starts with little nibbles away at peoples liberty . 

21 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

Then her rights at being offended shouldn’t affect the rights of someone who isn’t offended , your part of that set of people who trumpets free speech as long as it conforms to your ideals and values . I see things every day that offend me and make my blood boil . But I would happily face bullets to keep it that way . The other option is far to scary , and starts with little nibbles away at peoples liberty . 

Don't pretend being against morons making moronic observations is somehow anti-free speech.

52 minutes ago, M j M said:

Don't pretend being against morons making moronic observations is somehow anti-free speech.

Who polices who’s a moron or not ! Todays morons will be tomorrow hero’s and vice Versa , and then it will change again . And yes even your perceived mirin’s have a right to express their opinions that’s real free speech. If I decide someone is a moron can I ask them to not have their opinion! . I would imagine if you agreed with them you would say No and defend their rights to the last breath .

51 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Freedom of speech is not the same as facing consequences because of what you say.

That’s a fair point but who makes the decision on what is right and wrong , what I’m saying is you step a fine line with this of tipping in to censorship of thoughts and ideals. Incidentally a lit  of what this chap Wagga says is in opinion quite moronic, but that’s his right to have those opinions and his right to express them .

19 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

Who polices who’s a moron or not ! Todays morons will be tomorrow hero’s and vice Versa , and then it will change again . And yes even your perceived mirin’s have a right to express their opinions that’s real free speech. If I decide someone is a moron can I ask them to not have their opinion! . I would imagine if you agreed with them you would say No and defend their rights to the last breath .

I guess this is true.....

The bit you've omitted in this 'stand up for free speech' diatribe is the bit where saying what you want is not and should not be free of consequence(s) . If somebody says something (as it is absolutely their right to do so) but many find it in some way disagreeable, that's not cancelling free speech. No, that's calling out that somebody did a stupid....in public. 

12 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

That’s a fair point but who makes the decision on what is right and wrong , what I’m saying is you step a fine line with this of tipping in to censorship of thoughts and ideals. Incidentally a lit  of what this chap Wagga says is in opinion quite moronic, but that’s his right to have those opinions and his right to express them .

I don't think anyone in this thread is saying that Wagga doesn't have the right to express moronic points of views or that he should be forced to stop.

They're just using their own freedom of speech to say that they consider his tweet to be moronic.

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Why don't we just admit that the guy is an oaf, respect his right to exert his freedom of speech on the global stage which is Twitter and  give it a rest on here?

If you want to police people's opinions then fine.

Some of us have more respect for free speech.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, RL Tragic said:

That's a very strange take on what I said.

You justified what he said/did because she wasn't bothered but then said even if she was bothered it's his right to free speech to do it. I don't deny him that. It seems to me that you've completely skipped over the being a decent person part of it all though; just because you can doesn't mean you should. 

As much as you stand up for his right to free speech you seem awful happy to tell others what they can't say...

28 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I guess this is true.....

The bit you've omitted in this 'stand up for free speech' diatribe is the bit where saying what you want is not and should not be free of consequence(s) . If somebody says something (as it is absolutely their right to do so) but many find it in some way disagreeable, that's not cancelling free speech. No, that's calling out that somebody did a stupid....in public. 

Fair point 

13 minutes ago, andyscoot said:

That's a very strange take on what I said.

You justified what he said/did because she wasn't bothered but then said even if she was bothered it's his right to free speech to do it. I don't deny him that. It seems to me that you've completely skipped over the being a decent person part of it all though; just because you can doesn't mean you should. 

As much as you stand up for his right to free speech you seem awful happy to tell others what they can't say...

No I understand you should strive to be a decent person, However it seems that these days the lines between what is deemed offensive are quite blurred , many , many people will find what he said inoffensive and in many cases funny . Your point that it is offensive is just a point of view nothing more nothing less , the comments that the guy is a moron is the same . I’m just saying that we should all state are feelings as opinions not facts .

Archived