Whitehaven away in the cup.

spanishknight

Sounds like it’s a woeful first 40 minute display. You can’t win games if you can’t do the basics like finding touch from a penalty.

Fingers crossed that we can maybe find a way back into this but it seems a big ask. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Skybet have the Knights priced at 2/5 to win today. Haven get 8 points start on the Handicap. In the other 2 games, Workington get 24 start at Barrow, and Batley get 20 start at home to Fev. 

Think Id be going for Barrow, Batley and the Knights on th

Wish I was your bookie H.K.😀

3 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

28 Points is going to take some clawing back Andy, got to start doing the basics right then hope for the best.

You never know what York are going to produce and this proves it, didn't expect this.

Hopefully they can win the second half and show some pride. 
Just seems to be something missing this season with the vibe around the club. A few of us at work were saying it the other day when discussing the Knights at the moment. Anyone else feeling the same or is it just us? All seems a little flat compared to seasons gone.

At least the ladies had a good cup win 78 - 0. Well done to them. 

1 minute ago, spanishknight said:

O'Hagan try converted 28 . 6 is the fight back on.

Brendan is back ! 
More of the same hopefully. 

Just now, Clarence Street said:

Ellis, Kirmond, Brining, Jubb, Oakes, Pauli.

Thanks CS. Still more than enough quality to perform better than this. 

It's never defeat that is the problem but the manner of defeat. 

1 minute ago, coolie said:

Might have been better sending the ladies to Whitehaven🤔

Instead of the little girls 🤔🤣🤣🤣

Couldn’t have done much worse Coolie lad by the sounds of it 😂

A fair few missing but todays gone and it’s on to another big game against the Vikings. We certainly need to turn up as they are flying. The discipline and defence needs to be cleaned up by the sounds of it on todays showing. Andy Acko didn’t seem too impressed with it today. 

Hats off to all the knights fans that made the trip north to witness that. Must have been hard viewing even with all the changes. 

Next weeks another week. Onwards and upwards. 

15 minutes ago, Andy Knight said:

A fair few missing but todays gone and it’s on to another big game against the Vikings. We certainly need to turn up as they are flying. The discipline and defence needs to be cleaned up by the sounds of it on todays showing. Andy Acko didn’t seem too impressed with it today. 

Hats off to all the knights fans that made the trip north to witness that. Must have been hard viewing even with all the changes. 

Next weeks another week. Onwards and upwards. 

Yes, the discipline and defence, as witnessed in the second half last week. As Acko said in todays commentary, we looked at sixes and sevens in defence at times today.

Just wondering whats happening with our defence coach Delaney, is Brett wasting his time? Or did the players leave all that in the Batley mud? As mentioned by others last week, we've done pretty well up to now this season, but to have a chance of staying in the play offs we MUST defend better.

Let's show Widnes next week that we can defend our line more consistently. 

I’m not a coach just a fan with very limited experience of playing the game but it almost seems like we’ve headed to Whitehaven in recent years and not shown enough respect - 2018 playing Horne at halfback (!), 2021 did we not play Cuthbertson or someone in the halves? And then today Marsh at hooker etc. I know we’ll point to injuries and niggles but it seems we go to Batley, Leigh, Dewsbury, Barrow etc and play players in usual places, but go to Whitehaven and we try to be clever.  

One of the best York away performances I’ve ever seen was in 2018 at Workington in the driving rain. We didn’t try and outthink them by making surprising selections, we didn’t even do anything fancy we just ran the ball up time after time, matched them with intensity and hung in there then took our very few chances. 

Defence sounded poor and something is wrong with the kicking this season (I can’t blame Ellis this time!)....we kick to touch from a penalty and most matches at least once it doesn’t get there. We kick to touch on last play and it goes out on the full. Very fine margins, but we are so much better than this......aren’t we?!

Oh well, onwards and upwards, focus on the league etc. Credit to Whitehaven who I hope get a big team in the next round and also well done to anyone who made the trip. 

Something isn't quite right. We're not progressing. There's nothing to panic about because we're not gonna get relegated but the problems of last season have been partially rectified but replaced with other problems. Im probably a bit obsessed with  the half-back issue but we've simply got to start games with two genuine half-backs there and not pulling Marsh out of his best position. 

I know 'Haven away is a tough fixture, but losing by this margin to a team that so far have only beaten (with the greatest respect to them) Dewsbury and the Broncos is a poor show.  So now we've missed out on potentially financially lucrative cup games. I think we really over performed in our first year in the Championship.  A lot of games were won by a few points and, as I've stated before, we have never replaced Cockayne and Horne who between them were often the difference.  The following covid-ravaged season saw us lose all our opening games and last season saw far more poor performances than good.  We are slowly consolidating as a mid-tier Championship side.  Which considering where we were a few short years ago isn't bad.  Not quite sure how we become a top Championship team without a cash injection.  Money talks in any pro-sport.  On a separate note, our new Chairman seems to have gone quiet?  

Interesting reading all of the above comments , some very good points but in my opinion the buck stops with the boss , fordy certainly has to question some of his selections and motivation , a sad way to exit a cup comp you should be proud to play in .

Archived