Crowd for the Fax match

Monkeymagic22

There seems to have been a step change in crowds so far this season, based on home support which is pleasing to see. For years, it felt like 2-2.5k was our maximum and we're well above that level so far. It's good to see. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

10 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Heard it was 3700 so that is very good with not many from Fax.We do need to encourage more away supporters though.

There was never 3700 there was there? Fax hardly took anyone and even when we changed ends at half time the amount of people on the terracing was pretty sparse. Ive been there when there has been a hell of a lot more people there with smaller crowd figures given.

13 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

There was never 3700 there was there? Fax hardly took anyone and even when we changed ends at half time the amount of people on the terracing was pretty sparse. Ive been there when there has been a hell of a lot more people there with smaller crowd figures given.

Not as sparse as it was the week before at that ground you rent. 

8 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I thought that 3700 seemed about right. 

I reckon that there was possibly 100/150 max from Fax, and the family stand did seem busy without being full.

I'd have said c.150 in the railway end stand first half, which I assume was pretty much just fax fans. No idea whether there was any others elsewhere in the ground. 

The crowds at Fev this year are definitely higher this season than at any point in the last 15 years of me being a regular. How accurately they're recorded I couldn't say, but it's clear there are more bodies in the ground each week than in the recent past. Hopefully that trend continues for the rest of the season and beyond. 

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

28 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

We tried to change ends at half time and got knocked back by the stewards.Despite only about 100 Fax supporters in the stand at the railway end and the stable stand.Being behind the sticks you can spot the gaps in defence and give the lads a shout when they score.Fax looked in control until late on but we do see matches out well the players always keep going.

33 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Am I right in thinking we automatically count every season ticket sold as part of the attendance? The club reported having sold a record number (over 1,500 I think) so that would be a pretty high starting position for each home gate.

Season  ticket holders are counted wether there or not.

2 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I thought that 3700 seemed about right. 

I reckon that there was possibly 100/150 max from Fax, and the family stand did seem busy without being full.

56 according to that stadium announcer - trolled them on the way out wishing the 56 fax fans a safe trip home

1 hour ago, elppaxr2i said:

56 according to that stadium announcer - trolled them on the way out wishing the 56 fax fans a safe trip home

That wa a bit of fun the club sold 56 tickets and the rest payed on the gate,poor turn out for a club like Halifax.

The club is taxed on the crowd figures, son Oxy boy tell me what is the point in increasing our crowd figures.???

32 minutes ago, haskey said:

The club is taxed on the crowd figures, son Oxy boy tell me what is the point in increasing our crowd figures.???

Tax isn't on attendance, it's on income. How many people were there is neither here nor there for tax purposes, it's what they pay that counts. 

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

8 hours ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Your club's loss and not only against Fax. If Fax had 150 there on Sunday it was 150 too many in my opinion. 

We are that bad as fans we had more fans at Fax then your, did your club turn us away ? NO ! That's how bad we are.

3 hours ago, Fevrover said:

We are that bad as fans we had more fans at Fax then your, did your club turn us away ? NO ! That's how bad we are.

The problem is, it's not how bad we are, it's how bad our reputation is.  It takes one stupid incident to gain a bad reputation and years of exemplary behaviour to get rid of it.  So far this season, we seem to be keeping any bother at bay, which is brilliant, but as a club we've been let down over recent seasons and I can understand entirely why Fax fans in particular are reluctant to make the trip to POR.  For what it's worth, I think they're wrong and as a club we seem to be sorting our problems out, but denying we have them won't help.

On 07/03/2022 at 14:21, sentoffagain2 said:

We tried to change ends at half time and got knocked back by the stewards.Despite only about 100 Fax supporters in the stand at the railway end and the stable stand.Being behind the sticks you can spot the gaps in defence and give the lads a shout when they score.Fax looked in control until late on but we do see matches out well the players always keep going.

Haha we decided to change ends, which is partly why I questioned the numbers above. Normally we would just stay in that stand but when we got round to the terracing Ive seen it a lot fuller than it were. It probably had a lot to do with the lack of Fax fans the feel to it as it were a really poor turnout as it were the week before.

Archived