Thur 10th Mar: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/22 at 20:30

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Comparison for 2022 - Academy prospect versus England International 

FNfw198VIAsqXEL?format=jpg&name=900x900

Going on pro rata, Walker has made twice as many metres and twice as many tackle busts whilst Connor has created 12 times as many tries.

Happy with that as a third pivot.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

32 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Going on pro rata, Walker has made twice as many metres and twice as many tackle busts whilst Connor has created 12 times as many tries.

Yes they're a fundamentally different type of full back. Walker generally can't pass but is a great runner. Connor much more creative for other players.

It depends what you want from a full back (we'll see what Agar really prefers if Myler and Walker are ever both fully fit at the same time).

Edit obviously you'd really like someone who has all the skills but 1998 Iestyn Harris isn't picking up the phone.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

Yes they're a fundamentally different type of full back. Walker generally can't pass but is a great runner. Connor much more creative for other players.

It depends what you want from a full back (we'll see what Agar really prefers if Myler and Walker are ever both fully fit at the same time).

Connor is every bit as good and effective a runner as anyone in the league, but it only comes out when he chooses to do it.

42 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Interesting stats and just shows how different they are year still offer greatly in their respective strengths.

Our attack is very reliant on Connor. Walker seems to be more individual in his talents.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

25 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Interesting stats and just shows how different they are year still offer greatly in their respective strengths.

Our attack is very reliant on Connor. Walker seems to be more individual in his talents.

It looks like a reliant at times.

I forecast that Hulls season would get worse before it gets better this season but still think they are good enough to win by 10.  

22 hours ago, MZH said:

Hull are struggling a bit for backs and halves. I don't think Hodgson will have much choice but to play Connor at 6. When I saw the squad yesterday I thought we really looked in trouble but now I've seen Leeds' they are missing some too. We are on a short week which doesn't help either. It will be tight I think, but I'm really not confident. That said it would be a very Hull thing for us to beat Leeds and then get absolutely dismantled by Huddersfield next weekend.

I think I understand what you mean by a 'very Hull thing', MZH, but I suspect there could be a few sides this season who win against Leeds but lose to Huddersfield, given the emerging form of those two clubs that we are seeing.

Going for Leeds in this one after a confidence building first win.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

The commentary team praising Oledzki for the goal line tackle but he was also in the previous 3 tackles and made the next one as well.  His efforts and movement for a big man are superb.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I think I understand what you mean by a 'very Hull thing', MZH, but I suspect there could be a few sides this season who win against Leeds but lose to Huddersfield, given the emerging form of those two clubs that we are seeing.

I meant no disrespect to Huddersfield who look a decent team. What I mean is that we will probably win tonight and then back it up with a total no show next week.

Archived