Thur 10th Mar: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/22 at 20:30

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds are keeping a similar distance from Connor as Sir Kev is keeping from his iPhone.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just one thing on the high tackles ruining the game nonsense, it will ease off as tackling technique changes during the season. 2 seasons ago it was exactly the same with crusher tackles, it seemed there were yellows in every game for them, but I can't remember the last time I saw one, because tackling technique changed. 

Just now, MZH said:

Yes he can go missing sometimes, yes he's a bit of d ick, and yes I'm biased. But when Connor is really on it he's the best player in SL.

Possibly the most talented but the best players do it week in, week out.

I speak as a Connor fan, by the way. I was there when he was sheer class against New Zealand at Anfield and hope he can hit those heights again.

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

If one team has a man or more less it usually does make a difference yes. And when those players are picking up match bans afterwards it has a cumulative effect.

One man doesn't seem to make that much difference. In fact I've seen plenty of games where teams have looked stronger when they've gone down a man. Going two players down will be much tougher, but that's incredibly rare. And if it does become a problem for teams they should just tackle lower.

Brilliant from Connor. If Wane keeping him out (for now) brings these kind of performances on a consistent basis then it’s happy days for Hull, Connor will eventually get in and he will be full of confidence. Making the lad produce his best on a consistent basis could be a genius move. 

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Possibly the most talented but the best players do it week in, week out.

I speak as a Connor fan, by the way. I was there when he was sheer class against New Zealand at Anfield and hope he can hit those heights again.

I wouldn't claim him to be the best player because, like you say, he needs to do it more often.

But on his day I don't think anyone is better. Oh I wish he he could do it every week.

I think the argument that Connor has to play like this every week is a flawed one.

He suffers from being able to single handedly dominate a game of rugby and then we criticise him if he doesn't do this every week.

Good sometimes and then outstanding others is fine.  Very very few Rugby League players in the history of our game have been outstanding week in week out.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, WN83 said:

Brilliant from Connor. If Wane keeping him out (for now) brings these kind of performances on a consistent basis then it’s happy days for Hull, Connor will eventually get in and he will be full of confidence. Making the lad produce his best on a consistent basis could be a genius move. 

Wane only interested in players connected to Wiggin!!

Connor = superb. The pack for Hull have been immense.

Sky constantly going on about how many players Hull have missing and that Leeds should win easily must be off putting for neutrals. Surely they should talk the game up?

This game is not over yet but Leeds have to go up a couple of gears and start doing some hard yards in the middle. Hopefully Connor will get his hat trick

Archived