Thur 10th Mar: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/22 at 20:30

3 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

It can change very quickly but it needs the right coach and some leaders in the team.

I like Agar - he seems a good bloke - but I just don’t think he’s an elite coach.

I hope Hodgson is because Hull are such an underperforming club for its size. I would love Hull to be one of the top teams for a sustained period as I think it would be great for the game (sorry Rovers fans!). I’m not yet convinced though.

Leeds should have appointed Ian Watson in my opinion.

Agar should just move to the job he was originally appointed to do.

Not sure who’s available to take over though?

isnt Tony Smith out of contract next year maybe they should go back to the future!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the modern headingley is amazing though - but i havent been for years - i am the type that that would walk over hot coals to watch australia play at mount pleasant rather than watch are you been served? on an 75inch all singing and dancing modern tv just cos its modern 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

13 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

the modern headingley is amazing though - but i havent been for years - i am the type that that would walk over hot coals to watch australia play at mount pleasant rather than watch are you been served? on an 75inch all singing and dancing modern tv just cos its modern 

Early afternoon Friday drinks?

45 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

I would love Hull to be one of the top teams for a sustained period as I think it would be great for the game (sorry Rovers fans!).

Is it too late to send a Valentines card?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, FearTheVee said:

I don't think Leeds are a tough team.  I think they (and Hull to be fair) are a bit soft.

The recent Out Of Your League podcast with Morgan Knowles had a quote from him is his younger days when he said: "I had to be good at the mental side.  I've never been the most talented but will do the things others won't - when games are tough I never look for an easy way out.  Other people will break before I do".

I think when you watch Saints they have fostered this sort of attitude.  The coach has it in bucketloads.  They are intense, tough, enjoy the hard parts of the game and take pride in them.

I think Leeds are poorly coached and a bit soft.

Competition for places is a fundemental. Saints have it... not many others do. Leeds don't imho...  When you have a full squad and limited debate about who the first choice are or first 17 then it is clear...

whether that's managing the salary cap, not developing the youngsters as well, (although even then competition for places would be key throughout their early development), or managing/integrating the youngsters better... Hard to say but are issues that play a part...

Joe Cator is absolutely devastated returning from 7 months of rehab after rupturing his achilles only to do it again, same injury.

Really feel for the lad.

May be an image of text

19 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Joe Cator is absolutely devastated returning from 7 months of rehab after rupturing his achilles only to do it again, same injury.

Really feel for the lad.

May be an image of text

That news really took the shine off what was a great night on the Western Terrace. I'm absolutely gutted for him. The drive and energy he brings to the team has been missed so much.

We're going to miss him and I hope he can make a full recovery. He's got it in him to be a top player.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 11/03/2022 at 08:17, Old Frightful said:

Having been at the game last night I haven't seen any of the Sky footage aside some brief highlights but someone posted this on facebook as an excerpt from Jenna Brooks' post match interview with Connor :

Jenna Brooks - "Shaun Wane says he’s spoken to you about what you need to work on. Did you show him that you’ve worked on those things tonight?"

Jake Connor - “I don’t know, I haven’t spoken to him”

Is that really what was said?

Oh dear.

On 11/03/2022 at 08:41, dkw said:

If that's true then it doesn't bode well on his management style does it.

On 11/03/2022 at 08:43, Lowdesert said:

Or his credibility.

I had a look myself and found that unfortunately it was true, more details below.

Archived