Barrow in the cup.

Peter Winthorpe

You Town fans must be happy with that response to last weeks game.

FWIW I Really enjoyed the game,thought Barrow were going to win easily after the first 10 minutes but credit to Town for keeping them to one score then having their own purple spell knocking in 18 pts,but switching off right on half-time was costly.

Second half Barrow just got on top physically allowing Sammut & Miloudi to come to the fore.

Doran was outstanding,although it’s frustrating to think how good he could be if he got himself in better shape,Fitzsimmons put a real shift in and Curtis looked dangerous & made big yards bringing the ball out,he really should be in the centre’s though.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

You Town fans must be happy with that response to last weeks game.

FWIW I Really enjoyed the game,thought Barrow were going to win easily after the first 10 minutes but credit to Town for keeping them to one score then having their own purple spell knocking in 18 pts,but switching off right on half-time was costly.

Second half Barrow just got on top physically allowing Sammut & Miloudi to come to the fore.

Doran was outstanding,although it’s frustrating to think how good he could be if he got himself in better shape,Fitzsimmons put a real shift in and Curtis looked dangerous & made big yards bringing the ball out,he really should be in the centre’s though.

i couldnt put  that any better marra 

3 hours ago, townie88 said:

I can accept defeat when it's in that manner. Hard working, honest performance today. Forber was solid on his return, Malik was impressive but Fitzsimmons was my pick from our lot. 

Miloudi is SL quality no doubt. Classy player. Never seen anyone sulk as much when they get tackled though

Put the last week behind us and move on

No disrespect to lad , he is not SL were would you play him , he runs lateral so plz lets be sensible about this 

20 minutes ago, pmac said:

No disrespect to lad , he is not SL were would you play him , he runs lateral so plz lets be sensible about this 

He runs lateral at this level because he's allowed to. Any winger playing outside of him at any level will score hat fulls. 

no hard feelings i disagree with you on this 1 , i am not saying he aint a good player but he isnt SL standards and if so who would he sign for running lateral and yardage is totally different , he is rangi chase mould very unpredictable 

4 minutes ago, pmac said:

no hard feelings i disagree with you on this 1 , i am not saying he aint a good player but he isnt SL standards and if so who would he sign for running lateral and yardage is totally different , he is rangi chase mould very unpredictable 

Curtis teare now that lad is direct , and hopefully we see him pushed inside as time goes on , a old vince fawcett style 

Went to Barrra today and didn't know what to expect, with all the rumours flying about , injuries and suspensions I was expecting the worst but what a performance everyone put in , the try before halftime was a killer and if we had scored with about 10 minutes left instead of knocking on on there line it could have been a different outcome.

There was passion and pride back in that top today that wasn't there last week, if the lads can produce that every week it doesn't matter about the result, I will be one proud Townie , Jamie and Carl top show lads, Sammut has 2 moments of brilliance and wins it (and mom) but did nothing all day up to then, at the end we just ran out of gas and body's, a massive well done to you all. Keep the faith, UTT 🔵⚪

It was a fantastic effort by all 17. The fans should be proud of their efforts yesterday against a virtually full barrow squad (Hulme and Langtree missing). Young Steele will be some talent and fully deserved the try was great to see Alex Young going well looks like the break did him the world of good. The general in the middle (Fitz) no words needed super again. Buffer looked great. A 2 man bench after HT we did well to contain them up to the 65 minute mark. A strange call against us for a knock on that clearly went back and a TJ call that the whole stand seen to be a knock on not given resulting in 12 points was a major turning point for me but take that and a few bodies more into the Bulls and it could be another classic between the 2 on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

great to see Alex Young going well looks like the break did him the world of good.

I thought it was probably his best game for us, defended well, took the ball in very well and dealt with the high balls and kick throughs easily. I know Barrow scored on the next play but his tackle back in the 2nd half epitomised the spirit shown by the team yesterday. 

Fantastic effort by the whole 17 . Our pack more than matched Barrows ,on this seasons showing Connor Fitz will have attracted the attention of a few Top Clubs i`m sure .....I have said it before on this forum but Sammutt virtually kept us up on his own a few seasons ago , and i thought won the game on his own yesterday , fired long passes out wide for a couple of the tries and scored the game breaker as well , take him out of the Barrow side and Town would have won .Got unlucky just after half time when Connor looked as if he would score and again with the kick to the corner on the left , need to take this on against Bradford this week and who knows .UTT.

Great effort from the whole team yesterday, credit to all the fans who travelled and must have been expecting the worst. I thought the usual try right on HT killed us, I'm sure if we'd gone in 12pts up it might of been different. When you think of the top players we have out at the moment it's a credit to the players and Chris that we can even compete against these teams. Let's hope yesterday's injuries aren't too severe and the 3 amigos go easy on us with any bans. 🙄 UTT

Archived