Jump to content

Barrow in the cup.


Recommended Posts


Committed showing . I worry about numbers and keeping our playing strength though . It often seems to happen to us . That squad today put up a good showing but you’re fighting against the tide in this league 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The lads really dug in there given we only had 1 sub to rotate for the last half hour. Tiredness caught up with them but having said that they still defended really well. If Thomas, postlethwaite and Dec are out next week we’ll be struggling for 17. The score line I don’t think was a fair reflection on the game but they can hold there heads up after that. 
On a side note I think it’s time we saw Curtis in the centres, thought he would have gone in there instead of zac to be honest, he looks dangerous every time he runs with the ball. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IanMac said:

The lads really dug in there given we only had 1 sub to rotate for the last half hour. Tiredness caught up with them but having said that they still defended really well. If Thomas, postlethwaite and Dec are out next week we’ll be struggling for 17. The score line I don’t think was a fair reflection on the game but they can hold there heads up after that. 
On a side note I think it’s time we saw Curtis in the centres, thought he would have gone in there instead of zac to be honest, he looks dangerous every time he runs with the ball. 

I agree with the comment about Curtis in the centre. Looks handy in attack but doesn’t see enough of the ball on the wing

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Creditable performance, ran out of steam, understandably in the second half. Altogether much better than last week, think injuries are killing us this season.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Much better performance today, looks like we are struggling with more injuries. Jamie brilliant again, sometimes think we rely on him too much but he always steps up. Sammut back to haunt us. Think the score line flattered them a bit, but we’ll done the team out there today. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enjoyable to watch. 

Some stand out players to me today... Doran Forber Steele and Fitz. 

What a stupid thing for Perry to do getting a yellow card in the last minute. Deserved it though with his hand in the barrow players face! 

What happened to Dec. Seen him on crutches at the end? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great effort from all out there today,cant fault anyone,interesting to see if we can add a few bodies to replace injuries but would always prefer to play our own rather than short term loanees

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, THMS said:

Enjoyable to watch. 

Some stand out players to me today... Doran Forber Steele and Fitz. 

What a stupid thing for Perry to do getting a yellow card in the last minute. Deserved it though with his hand in the barrow players face! 

What happened to Dec. Seen him on crutches at the end? 

Looked like he twisted his ankle.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was only when we ran out of subs they started to get on top but why are we short of players every year? If Tomposh and Jake aren't fit next week we'll be struggling, Tomposh would've had a field day today. Great effort under the circumstances, we're up to this standard it's just turning it into wins is the problem...still we're back!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Great effort from all out there today,cant fault anyone,interesting to see if we can add a few bodies to replace injuries but would always prefer to play our own rather than short term loanees

Yea I agree but I don’t think we’ll have much option, when you think, Scholey, Henson, Lightowler, O Brien, Barnes, Weetman, Thomson all missing, and potentially Thomas, Postletwaite, Dec plus any other suspensions or injuries we’ve picked up. That would only leave us 16 bodies so I think we desperately need some new blood or we’ll be struggling big time. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched Chris’s interview on Facebook and it sounds like Matty and Cus and possibly Jake could be back over the next week or 2. That will be a massive boost if it happens.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, IanMac said:

think it’s time we saw Curtis in the centres, thought he would have gone in there instead of zac to be honest, he looks dangerous every time he runs with the ball. 

No brainer 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Just watched Chris’s interview on Facebook and it sounds like Matty and Cus and possibly Jake could be back over the next week or 2. That will be a massive boost if it happens.

Update on wheetman and Stevie would be good. Both been missing a hell of a long time now. Not saying we need to rush them back in. But of they still aren't anywhere near a return, we need more middles. Simple. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Update on wheetman and Stevie would be good. Both been missing a hell of a long time now. Not saying we need to rush them back in. But of they still aren't anywhere near a return, we need more middles. Simple. 

Stevie is targeting June for his return so still a long way off.

  • Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Have we officially said Dawson is gone 

Just said he was unavailable on the squad news on the website

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/03/2022 at 20:50, Bearman said:

I have no doubt that Paul Crarey will see this as a potential banana skin.

There is no such thing as an easy derby game. Every Town player will be up for it.

I just hope the Raiders are prepared. The form book will be out of the window come Sunday.

 

 

On 09/03/2022 at 21:06, DavidM said:

Excellent cramming in of as many cliches as possible !

Another cliche.

"Told you"

  • Haha 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bearman said:

 

Another cliche.

"Told you"

We ran out of legs … got short on troops … had a good dig and put a shift in 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...