Barrow vs Workington Challenge cup.

pennington

So it’s the 5th round of the challenge cup this weekend at the Matt Johnson Stadium.  What is everyone’s prediction for the game ?

Workington had a shocking game at the weekend against Sheffield by the sounds of it and of course Barrow had the brilliant win against Widnes. But that being said there is no time for complacency this weekend for the game,  they will be coming down from up the coast with a point to prove so I’m thinking it’s going to be a tough game.

My prediction is that Barrow will win as I just feel with current form there is a real buzz around our team as well as real togetherness when playing. 

Barrow 34-18 Workington with Ritson the first try scorer, Attendance 2621. COYR

Barrow to win comfortably 46-6.

Shaw first try.

Worky look shocking. Loads of talk on their forum of players being on the ale before games so we just need to stick a tab on at their local spoons and get them hanging again this week. 

Think it will be a tough game on Sunday, especially early on, can see Town having a point to prove after the Sheffield result. I’m going Barrow 32 Town 10 , attendance 2450, 1st try scorer Stack. 

Been alot of concern among the Workington fans about the size of their pack, if ours perform like they did on Monday it could well be another long afternoon for Workington. Having said that we've played these a few times at home expecting a big win and it never seems to happen 😂

Barrow 30-18 Workington

Tom Heighton

On 09/03/2022 at 18:21, Gus Tyson said:

Barrow to win comfortably 46-6.

Shaw first try.

Worky look shocking. Loads of talk on their forum of players being on the ale before games so we just need to stick a tab on at their local spoons and get them hanging again this week. 

If they can’t make it marra I’m available from dinner time 😜

Very tough game as expected, not much fluency with ball in hand from Barrow till the last 15 - 20 minutes, but a wins a win. Very disappointed with the non stop vile abuse aimed at Barrow players from most of the Town fans, didn’t do themselves any favours at all. 

24 minutes ago, RLDB said:

Very tough game as expected, not much fluency with ball in hand from Barrow till the last 15 - 20 minutes, but a wins a win. Very disappointed with the non stop vile abuse aimed at Barrow players from most of the Town fans, didn’t do themselves any favours at all. 

They were same in the friendly

On 10/03/2022 at 06:14, Raider94 said:

Been alot of concern among the Workington fans about the size of their pack, if ours perform like they did on Monday it could well be another long afternoon for Workington. Having said that we've played these a few times at home expecting a big win and it never seems to happen 😂

Barrow 30-18 Workington

That's a hell of a good guess on the score mate.

Maloudi is great fun to watch, bet he's a nightmare to play alongside sometimes though. That run in the se on half where he ran about 60 yards sideways would have looked great with some benny hill music on...

Hes scary for defenders, I mean how do you even defend against him.

9 minutes ago, dkw said:

Maloudi is great fun to watch, bet he's a nightmare to play alongside sometimes though. That run in the se on half where he ran about 60 yards sideways would have looked great with some benny hill music on...

He’s as unpredictable as they come, don’t think he knows himself what he’s about to do next! 

1 hour ago, RLDB said:

Walked past them near to fill time sounded like ###### up football fans. Mind you there were some bellies to navigate they obviously like their ale.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

He's as mad as a box of frogs......

That's me on a warning from the mods.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Since Ritson has been his winger ill be shocked if he hasn't had the highest tries per game in top 3 leagues.

No one seems to be able to tackle Miloudi 1 v 1 and Ritson over 10-20m one of the quickest in the game hence the record they have. 

What a great win in the end but a great view for everybody who watched on TV.

Barrow fans are celebrating at full time but  Workington stuck to their plan and could have come away with a victory.

The difference for me was fitness and the fact that Town lost their bench to injuries at the back end of the game.

Jamie Doran ran the game first half,imagine if he could be arsed getting himself fit!

Jarrod Sammut broke the game when he walked in under the sticks,Town looked shot after that.

We’re in the hat and that is what matters,disappointed with the Town turnout today.

I think their team deserved better.

27 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Worky had a go in the first half. But in the second half it was all Barrow. Where was Langers?

He has a leg injury. Missed 3 games I think possibly 4.

42 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Worky had a go in the first half. But in the second half it was all Barrow. Where was Langers?

Hamstring reaccurace,great player but I have to say Hopkins has been brilliant in his absence and would be hard to drop in my opinion.

We truly are blessed with a great squad at the moment,onwards and upwards😉

17 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

We lost two players in two minutes to injuries in the first half and another in the second half having started with two backs on the bench and one in the pack. If we could've brought a couple of forwards on in the second half it might've been a different result, but as it was the Barrow pack got on top which is what Sammut needs. 

Archived