Danny Ward

Looks like a part-time gig so he has something to do. Might lead to other things in union, I guess, which would be a huge shame.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

But isn't his new club also part-time?

Part-time at Rosslyn Park is likely to still be pretty well remunerated. They're not exactly poor.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

he will be on a lot more money than Mr Mustard, will have a better squad to work with than Mr Mustard, and will probably have more success. So its a no brainer really

However with Danny Ward, even with the squad London have, they would have won the Haven and York games

Far more potential opportunities in Union than there is in League, he’s got his foot in the door. 

Shame he’s not been given an opportunity in the sport here but maybe he didn’t want one and didn’t want to move away from the life he’s built in the south. 

49 minutes ago, The storm said:

They get crowds of 245

Like most RU clubs at that level their crowds are irrelevant. They will be backed by one or more directors putting money in. Think some people here would be staggered at the playing budget some RU clubs have in the national leagues. 

31 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Like most RU clubs at that level their crowds are irrelevant. They will be backed by one or more directors putting money in. Think some people here would be staggered at the playing budget some RU clubs have in the national leagues. 

Any idea if they get central funding too? We’ve just significantly cut the funding for clubs like London Skolars in League One, I’m sure clubs at Rugby Union’s equivalent level  will have far more spending power than them.

28 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Any idea if they get central funding too? We’ve just significantly cut the funding for clubs like London Skolars in League One, I’m sure clubs at Rugby Union’s equivalent level  will have far more spending power than them.

Funding outside the top tier has been slashed in RU. I could be wrong but I think Nat L1 clubs in RU only receive travel expenses. 

Funnily enough ,Rosslyn Park FC and London Broncos share the same training  field and venue facilities.

Would not be surprised if Ward ends up back coaching the Broncos in 2022 or 2023. Rosslyn Park are more then likely getting promoted this season already,well prior to Wards appointment,no not sure of the need for him now. If Broncos decide to sack Coleman,they won't put the assistant as head coach will they now.Ward is at the front door.

And with that same squad,I think they win the Haven,York games.

2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Funnily enough ,Rosslyn Park FC and London Broncos share the same training  field and venue facilities.

Would not be surprised if Ward ends up back coaching the Broncos in 2022 or 2023. Rosslyn Park are more then likely getting promoted this season already,well prior to Wards appointment,no not sure of the need for him now. If Broncos decide to sack Coleman,they won't put the assistant as head coach will they now.Ward is at the front door.

And with that same squad,I think they win the Haven,York games.

Pretty sure Ward wouldn't go back unless there is a change of senior management and a promise of financial backing. Neither of which look likely 

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

We rent them from Rosslyn Park is my understanding.

They are their facilities. I don't think they need to pay anyone to use them.

EDIT

My error. It's Richmond we throw money at for training, isn't it?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

33 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

We rent them from Rosslyn Park is my understanding.

They are their facilities. I don't think they need to pay anyone to use them.

EDIT

My error. It's Richmond we throw money at for training, isn't it?

Isn’t Richmond where the academy and reserves play?

Jamie Langley,Rob Powell and Ward all left within the last 12 months, and all to the other code.

They seem to have foreseen the potential downward spiral.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

55 minutes ago, The storm said:

To be honest Coleman is not in the same ball park as ward

People must surely know this

Do feel sorry for Coleman TBH, he is very out of his depth at London, and will be an easy fall guy when DH has had enough of the team losing week on week

If London lose to Dewsbury, then I fear Coleman won't have long beyond that

Archived