Fri 11th Mar: SL: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/22 at 20:30

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In recent years Wire have generally raised their game against Saints and no doubt tomorrow will be no different. Though in recent years their biggest threat as come from Clarke off the back of the Wire forwards setting a good platform. So far this season the Wire forwards haven't been that impressive and Clarke just doesn't look fit so I do think they may struggle to break down what is a very strong Saints defence.

I think it will be a pretty close 1st half but Saints may put a bit of daylight between them in the 2nd half.

Saints 26 - 10 Wire

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Looking forward to this game, more so than any match since covid. I think having a full stadium and a big atmosphere is why, which we didn't have at either final last year. Really feels like the sport is back.

On to the match, based on recent performances, we should win. But, Warrington found a way to beat us under Price and had a habit of stifling us. Will be interesting to see how Powell approaches it.

I'd back us to win something like 12-10.

I keep saying the only way I feel teams can really test this Saints side is by throwing pace at them and some off the cuff play. If Wire had Widdop, Williams and Clark at their absolute best and pace on both wings from Ashton and Charnley, I could see them giving it a good go but I don't think any of the first three are at the top of their games yet and Charnley misses out. 

Saints by 20

55 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Saints by a pon full

How many times have wire travelled to saints as a distant 2nd favourite, yet as the CC final in 2019 and last seasons game shows they sometimes against all odds find a way to win. 

37 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

How many times have wire travelled to saints as a distant 2nd favourite, yet as the CC final in 2019 and last seasons game shows they sometimes against all odds find a way to win. 

I think 'distant 2nd favourite' and 'against all odds' is pushing the self-deprecation a bit. Anyone would think it was Saints v West Wales.

The last 10 meetings have been shared 50-50 with most only having a couple of scores in it. 2017 had two big score lines but even then it was one win apiece.

58 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

That was then ELBOW this is now, history does not mean a thing when the next match comes along, off course Wire could play better than they have done, but if they both play to form this season, there will be nothing but a resounding Saints victory, as I say  "by a ponfull".

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That was then ELBOW this is now, history does not mean a thing when the next match comes along, off course Wire could play better than they have done, but if they both play to form this season, there will be nothing but a resounding Saints victory, as I say  "by a ponfull".

Is that a frying pon, chip pon or one for making lobby. 

25 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Big unit,not very bright & quick to blame somebody else,great replacement for Hill.

Hill wishes he had that much hair…

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Archived