Words that annoy you

Words that end with a G but people use a K. IE Anything. Really annoys. And when people say to a shop assistant, Can I get. Well it's not the words, it is how folk say things.

I used to watch Wheeler Dealers on the telly but with Ed China slipping the completely unnecessary "actually" word in every f** king sentence I gave up watching.

And as has already been mentioned "basically" hacks me off too.

• Like 1

Sky Sports Jenna Brooks to Jake Connor regarding England selection : "Shaun Wane has said that he's spoken to you about why you were left out, he's also said he's told you what you needed to do more of, I'm interested, what do you need to do more of and did you do it tonight?"

Jake Connor : "I don't know, to be honest I haven't spoken to him."

F instead of TH . Guy on telling going on about some footballer with great strenf. Reading threads like this makes me glad I was brought up speaking perfect English and talking proper like eh . And literally … his game literally fell off a cliff 

Edited by DavidM

Brought,, when they have been and bought a new car or something, seems to be a S E east area talk.. "have just brought a new telly".  no you Bought it.🕵️‍♂️

11 minutes ago, DavidM said:

People who write ‘ lol ‘ in texts 

I had a relative who used lol for lots of love (instead of laugh out loud) I was very confused at times 😂😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

F instead of TH . Guy on telling going on about some footballer with great strenf. Reading threads like this makes me glad I was brought up speaking perfect English and talking proper like eh . And literally … his game literally fell off a cliff 

I work with people who just can't pronounce it, one jokes about the new For film (Thor). Another cannot say "-ing" but is "-in", "thing" becomes "fin".

19 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

My first thought also.

"Off of" and "Of" where it is "Have" (should of, would of, could of).

Dip#######.

The 'of' instead of 'have' is a major irritation.... sadly, oft used on this forum.

• Like 2

One that really does annoy me is  people that use the word 'like' as every other word in their sentence. If I am conversing with someone and they are doing this I will ask them, "sorry but could you just clarify that last point?" they then look at me with a certain level of extreme dumbness and I say, "well was (whatever they were talking about) like that or was it in fact that very thing?" they then carry on looking at me with a look of utter cluelessness and I feel very satisfied. 😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

'Supper'

Annoys the hell out of me

Despite it being explained to me many times, I still don't know what supper is.

It's like you have your normal tea, and then you kind of have another smaller tea before bed? Madness.

Don't like the word either.