Words that annoy you

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Words that end with a G but people use a K. IE Anything. Really annoys. And when people say to a shop assistant, Can I get. Well it's not the words, it is how folk say things.

I used to watch Wheeler Dealers on the telly but with Ed China slipping the completely unnecessary "actually" word in every f** king sentence I gave up watching.

And as has already been mentioned "basically" hacks me off too.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

F instead of TH . Guy on telling going on about some footballer with great strenf. Reading threads like this makes me glad I was brought up speaking perfect English and talking proper like eh . And literally … his game literally fell off a cliff 

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

F instead of TH . Guy on telling going on about some footballer with great strenf. Reading threads like this makes me glad I was brought up speaking perfect English and talking proper like eh . And literally … his game literally fell off a cliff 

I work with people who just can't pronounce it, one jokes about the new For film (Thor). Another cannot say "-ing" but is "-in", "thing" becomes "fin".

One that really does annoy me is  people that use the word 'like' as every other word in their sentence. If I am conversing with someone and they are doing this I will ask them, "sorry but could you just clarify that last point?" they then look at me with a certain level of extreme dumbness and I say, "well was (whatever they were talking about) like that or was it in fact that very thing?" they then carry on looking at me with a look of utter cluelessness and I feel very satisfied. 😂

9 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

'Supper'

Annoys the hell out of me

Despite it being explained to me many times, I still don't know what supper is.

It's like you have your normal tea, and then you kind of have another smaller tea before bed? Madness.

Don't like the word either.

Archived