Challenge Cup Draw

15 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Pretty boring draw other than Leeds v Cas. Not much scope for upsets either.

Yes, very predictable. The top 5 sides have all avoided each other, as have the 5 lower league sides. 

It was odd that for the final tie Barrow home came on the screen before the ball was picked out😊

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Havenfan10 said:

We couldn't have picked a better team than saints at home hopefully make a few quid and give them a decent game. 

It’s the last bit of your sentence I am worried about. Anyway hopefully a few quid and no injuries

2 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Yes good paydays for them which is great news. I haven’t been up to Whitehaven in years, the last time was a cup game when Phil Vievers was still playing for us. I might make the trip myself. 

Somehow their ground has actually got worse in that time....

Hopefully Haven will rent Workingtons ground for the game and get 10K in rather than 4k at their cabbage patch.🤭

Has anyone on social media claimed it's a fix yet?

Or should we give it another five minutes?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Predictable moaning, it is Rugby League after all. 

Good draws and well deserved ones for Barrow and Whitehaven, I’m sure they’ll both have big crowds and hopefully that’s a shot in the arm for the game there. I’m interested to see how Fev get on against a top Catalans side, Hull KR v Bradford or Leigh looks appetising and has potential for a shock, Leeds v Cas is a local Derby, Sheffield get a home tie that they were robbed of in 2020 due to covid and the curtailment of their season and Salford at Wigan offers possibility of a shock with Wigan looking light in the props. 

I love the cup, bring it on. 

14 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

No mate - just a nice gesture to give Haven and their fans a day out at the Wembley of the North 👍

The same Wembley of the north your having to leave for that bomb site next door.

24 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

So Leeds vs Cas is only decent game.  No Fev vs Wakey or Cas or Leeds. Hope Eagles can get a sellout and York only have themselves to blame for missing out on a transformative game. 

Big six all avoided eachother so RFL only need to panic about Catalan. 

Such a pity Fev didn't get one of their 3 local rivals who have all begun SL with 4 defeats in 5. 

23 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

So Leeds vs Cas is only decent game.  No Fev vs Wakey or Cas or Leeds. Hope Eagles can get a sellout and York only have themselves to blame for missing out on a transformative game. 

Big six all avoided eachother so RFL only need to panic about Catalan. 

York only have themselves to blame ?Pretty sure they were well beaten by a team that unlike York made the playoffs last year.

16 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Fantastic draw for Haven! Sure to be a full house and a great money spinner for the club!

You'll be able to watch your team play saints eh 👌🏻👌🏻

53 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Not much scope for upsets either.

Er, is it an upset if you expect it?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

16 minutes ago, Szymala said:

Would have been very interesting with a home tie against Cas, Leeds or Trinity.

Memories of '67 for older fans after Rovers defeated them all that year.

That year was unreal beating them and Bradford in first round.

Looking forward to seeing Fev against Catalans to be honest. 2nd best last year against grand finalists. Proper underdog match. Let's see if Fev can hold their own and see if they would have deserved to be in the SL instead of TO.

Considering heading over to watch the match now.

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Just realized that Eagles stadium wont be ready so a switch to Hull looks likely. 

Don't know what their relationship with Sheffield United is like these days but the game was played at Bramall Lane when the Eagles drew Hull in the 2015 competition.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I Wanted Leeds at Home, got KR away, I would have fancied our chances better with the former, not so much so at KR.

I think you’re forgetting you need to win tonight first Harry  😉

Archived