Challenge Cup Draw

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Er, is it an upset if you expect it?

That's not quite what I said is it. You can acknowledge a team is an underdog but has a fighting chance. I don't really see any of the underdogs having a chance unfortunately. Barrow might give Huddersfield a go and I guess Fev could theoretically give Catalans a good game but I cant see it. I was hoping to see the champ teams draw the poorer SL teams at home to set up a possible shock.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

39 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Looking forward to seeing Fev against Catalans to be honest. 2nd best last year against grand finalists. Proper underdog match. Let's see if Fev can hold their own and see if they would have deserved to be in the SL instead of TO.

Considering heading over to watch the match now.

They didnt, they were beaten comfortably in the final. Do you also not think the Fev squad would be a little different if they had been promoted? They'd be full time for a start so I dont think this match is a good gauge of how worthy Fev are over Toulouse.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

6 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Has anyone on social media claimed it's a fix yet?

Or should we give it another five minutes?

I asked my lad too have a look on the RL Twitter site things, and he said some Leeds & Wire fan’s were moaning about Saints getting Whitehaven. In fact one person  said “they knew Saints would get Whitehaven”. The Games gone. 

14 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Who do I want as Leigh fan (if we get through), Leeds would do nicely at the LSV win or lose I would love to see that game.

Are Premier to continue showing Challenge Cup games now that it will not only be Championship and below clubs involved.

12 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

I think you’re forgetting you need to win tonight first Harry  😉

See above

13 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Have Bradford “cried off”tonight ?

Also see above.

If you had both read my my earlier post, you would have realised I was taking nothing for granted, so Paul I didn't forget we had to win first and Dav no Bradford did not cry off.

Apologies accepted.

5 games live on tv

BBC have Leeds v Cas and Barrow v Hudds

Premier have Wigan v Salford and Wire v Wakey

Sportsman has Whitehaven v Saints

Thought Hull KR vs Leigh could have been a good one, but looking forward to so many games that weekend...

40 minutes ago, Dave T said:

5 games live on tv

Thought Hull KR vs Leigh could have been a good one, but looking forward to so many games that weekend...

It's not right Leigh not being on the telly, making us fans travel all that way, it's not as though Leigh have been on TV a lot already this season🤔

47 minutes ago, Dave T said:

5 games live on tv

Sod off , HKR on a Monday night , no thanks , it's bad enough on a Sunday 

11 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Sod off , HKR on a Monday night , no thanks , it's bad enough on a Sunday 

Monday night was never a TV slot for this round (or presumably any further rounds) because of SL clubs having to play the following Thursday/Friday

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Whitehaven v Saints is on The Sportsman at 2.30 on the Saturday. 

They couldn't have picked a worse time and day!!! Alot of fans going to miss out especially the local amateur clubs. 

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Surely Leigh have to agree Matt, don't they?

Yes, all of the clubs have to mutually agree the dates (with input from the broadcasters and RFL where necessary), but I was just pointing out that Monday was never on the table once Super League clubs entered the equation.

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Yes, all of the clubs have to mutually agree the dates (with input from the broadcasters and RFL where necessary), but I was just pointing out that Monday was never on the table once Super League clubs entered the equation.

So are you saying Gubby's information of a Monday night is not correct, as I said all I can see is TBC for the schedule. 

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

So are you saying Gubby's information of a Monday night is not correct, as I said all I can see is TBC for the schedule. 

Premier Sports have already confirmed their two games as being on the Friday (Wigan v Salford) and the Sunday (Warrington v Wakefield). Even before the draw was made, the programme scheduling had indicated that their two picks would be on the Friday and Sunday.

I would recommend adding rugbyleagueontv.com to your favourites or following them on Twitter. Always WAY ahead of the game on such matters. 

29 minutes ago, Havenfan10 said:

They couldn't have picked a worse time and day!!! Alot of fans going to miss out especially the local amateur clubs. 

That’s what happens when you are at the mercy of broadcasters, I’m afraid. Conversely, Saints fans seem delighted with the time and date. 

I don’t know if there’s a compromise that can suit most parties. 

50 minutes ago, Jughead said:

That’s what happens when you are at the mercy of broadcasters, I’m afraid. Conversely, Saints fans seem delighted with the time and date. 

I don’t know if there’s a compromise that can suit most parties. 

Broadcaster has replied to a tweet saying they had nothing to do with the date/time!

Archived