Challenge Cup Draw

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

So are you saying Gubby's information of a Monday night is not correct, as I said all I can see is TBC for the schedule. 

I haven't stated it was Monday night Arry 😉

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Broadcaster has replied to a tweet saying they had nothing to do with the date/time!

That seems odd. I would have thought they would request a date for their broadcast but maybe it’s pre-allocated by The RFL. 

On 14/03/2022 at 19:14, ShropshireBull said:

So Leeds vs Cas is only decent game.  No Fev vs Wakey or Cas or Leeds. Hope Eagles can get a sellout and York only have themselves to blame for missing out on a transformative game. 

Big six all avoided eachother so RFL only need to panic about Catalan. 

What was the score in the only decent game?

7 hours ago, Havenfan10 said:

They couldn't have picked a worse time and day!!! Alot of fans going to miss out especially the local amateur clubs. 

I'm old enough to remember the moaning and groaning when clubs switched from Saturday games to Sunday games.

8 hours ago, JohnM said:

I'm old enough to remember the moaning and groaning when clubs switched from Saturday games to Sunday games.

Me too, but you have to admit it was one of the better decisions, and I would go as far as to say if that regularity of Sunday Afternoon for all pro games had been maintained we would have much much better attendances today, yes I know I will now get an education regarding the "pay-off" from TV for giving that up.

That may well be so, Harry. My point is that I'm sure there was a chorus of disapproval at the time. When Sunday became game day across the piece, changes made to meet with TV  schedules were  met with a chorus of disapproval. Now there are changes to meet the new multichannel coverage, some will object.  True, attendance levels  are important to finances but TV revenues mean that attendances are not as financially important as they once were.

Am I right in assuming that we won't be getting any of the remaining games shown on Our League?

Despite what others say I'm looking forward to seeing quite a few of these games and I think the KR v Leigh one could be a cracker. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Am I right in assuming that we won't be getting any of the remaining games shown on Our League?

Despite what others say I'm looking forward to seeing quite a few of these games and I think the KR v Leigh one could be a cracker. 

Good point Dave, still time for Our League to commit, or is there some clause that they can't broadcast at the same time as others?

10 minutes ago, Havenfan10 said:

What time do they kick off?

Usually 2:30. Hensingham are playing Millom so I suppose there is scope to change the kick off time if spectators wanted to watch both games, but Egremont and The Brow are playing York Acorn and Rochdale Mayfield respectively, so probably can't 

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

On 15/03/2022 at 09:11, ShropshireBull said:

With two weeks notice?  Cant see it myself.  

Fair point, when the Eagles drew Hull in 2015 they already had an agreement in place to stage a few games at Bramall Lane. I imagine we would have heard by now if it was an option. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

10 hours ago, Dave T said:

We are a prop light to trouble SL at present.

40 minutes ago, Dave T said:

You're lucky, my team are two props short I'd say. 

I would say Wires Grunt recruitment has been shocking, Hill carried you for years and he aint be replaced. I remember when you bought him, your pack had Morley, Carvell, Westwood, Wood, Cooper and Waterhouse in it - its pretty obvious why its not working

17 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

I would say Wires Grunt recruitment has been shocking, Hill carried you for years and he aint be replaced. I remember when you bought him, your pack had Morley, Carvell, Westwood, Wood, Cooper and Waterhouse in it - its pretty obvious why its not working

I'm trying not to think about it too much mate and just go and enjoy the matches with my family! 

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes I know that Sweaty, I was referring to the two that regularly keep getting selected that need replacing.

You missed off ''imho'' my concern is the lack of direct threat from ptb, something Fev do have, which keeps defences back and opens up space

15 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

You missed off ''imho'' my concern is the lack of direct threat from ptb, something Fev do have, which keeps defences back and opens up space

Not disagreeing with that, yes one of our 9's from last season is playing very well for Fev, but that is still no excuse "in my humble opinion" that we would be doing so much better with a more efficient 6 and 7.

57 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not disagreeing with that, yes one of our 9's from last season is playing very well for Fev, but that is still no excuse "in my humble opinion" that we would be doing so much better with a more efficient 6 and 7.

We know Wildie is 100% effort and a great Champ player, we also know we have 2 who have done it on the biggest stage but for some reason dont take the line on much so far. Once we get pace on the game and a dry full sized pitch we will only be missing a Grunt

Archived