Richard agar interview

Ive just watched Agars interview - the one where he says he has no answers 

If i was a Leeds fan id be pretty annoyed with Agar

The answers and solutions are simple

1 you need to centres and not makeshift centres

2 you need young defensive machines like O Connor right in the middle of the pitch

3 you need to stop using jack walker as a battering ram as that is not his game

4 bring Mustapha back - he works all day

5 Sinfield for coach

8 hours ago, The storm said:

2 you need young defensive machines like O Connor right in the middle of the pitch

5 Sinfield for coach

1 Yes although our first choice centre is out.

2 O'Connor isn't the answer

3 Not sure that's really what he's being used for

4 Mustapha has a lot to prove 

5 Absolutely not

10 hours ago, The storm said:

5 Sinfield for coach

Which Sinfield though? The one on here ??? Lol

It's interesting how quickly Leeds fans seem to have turned against Agar. Before this season started many non Leeds fans on here criticised Agar as a coach and pointed out his record but the Leeds fans on here were praising him heavily.

Assuming its the post match journalist interviews I thought Agar interview was honest.

He undoubtedly can see where things are going wrong, he is very analytic.  As he says he is not getting the best out of the players at the moment.  If he can't then as he says he has to consider if he is the right man.

To me he's frustrated that either some of the players are not following the game plan or some are not able to execute the skills well enough.

The lack of focus, concentration and intensity was the most worrying in the last game and I guess that's where he questions if he is getting through.

I doubt the game plan from Agar was the one that the team followed for most of the game against Hull.  As implied from his other comments about trying to just play through the middle against Hull big pack. I think he was miffed about that stupidity and hence his questioning himself as to why the team did that/didn't listen.

Beside that and personally I think the skill levels are not at the level Agar would like, 

As to other comments above the youngsters are clearly not at the level to be playing regularly despite what some say, apart from Gannon. Even their as with any youngster he needs to be managed carefully.

2 hours ago, Damien said:

It's interesting how quickly Leeds fans seem to have turned against Agar. Before this season started many non Leeds fans on here criticised Agar as a coach and pointed out his record but the Leeds fans on here were praising him heavily.

I take your point but those same commentators or I should say the noise on here was that for many years was that McNamara is an awful coach.  That  is why should anyone take what many say on here as no doubt those same would now be saying something different.

Last season the team got to the semi for the play-offs against the odds with a depleted team.  Mostly due to excellent game plans from the coach.  Plus previous years won the Challenge Cup, 

So whether one thinks he is a poor coach or not he hasn't done as badly as many seem to portray him as.

He was brought in to do a different role and stepped in to do what was meant to be a temporary job. The club management seem to think he did well enough to keep him until they find the right successor.  I would think that overall approach doesn't help.

3 hours ago, Damien said:

There have been "Agar Out" murmurings for a while. Certainly since the start of 2020 (I was partly one of them then!).

Perhaps because most posters on here are a bit more toned down in their views than normal or just a bit more forgiving then it has seemed less like that.

There's no hiding from a season opening record like we have though.

38 minutes ago, Mark S said:

Can’t see Sinfield coming back to rugby, he will be fast tracked into the England union set up, where he will earn the big bucks.

How many rugby league coaches does the england RU team need

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

If RL was like football he’d have been long gone. 

I suspect so, it is a weird one though. His position is a bit like Ragnick at Man Utd, in that he is "temporary" and going to move to DoR. Only thing is that was 2 seasons ago.

I took Agar’s comments as an attempt to deflect from a poor team performance with a lack of commitment and effort rather than any serious admission of him being at fault.

Now how much he is at fault is a different question. A couple of selections eg no Broadbent seem strange and recruitment must questioned as they are struggling in the middle although they aren’t alone in that respect this season

It does seem strange that no long term permanent appointment has been made allowing Agar to move to a DoR or similar role. Leeds would still be a draw for most coaches

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Not sure it matters who comes in if we don’t get another Prop or two, were down to one prop this week if Oledski is out due to HIA protocols 

I agree with regard Props.  Although it always seems to me that Leeds don't bring in the big props over last few years. Even Oledski as good as he is isn't a big mammoth like some knocking about.  It would be good to be able to bring one on to skittle opposition about when needed.  A bit like that big un at Catalan.

Not sure if they think that once pitches firm up best to have a more light footed fleet of foot type prop. I've never agreed with that approach but just trying to rationalise.

I think some of you are looking too deep into this. Agar is chuffing useless, it's as simple as that. 

Failure at Hull, Failure at Wakey, absolutely shocking with France. How the hell has the bloke conned a living out of R L all these years is beyond belief.

1 hour ago, redjonn said:

I agree with regard Props.  Although it always seems to me that Leeds don't bring in the big props over last few years. Even Oledski as good as he is isn't a big mammoth like some knocking about.  It would be good to be able to bring one on to skittle opposition about when needed.  A bit like that big un at Catalan.

Not sure if they think that once pitches firm up best to have a more light footed fleet of foot type prop. I've never agreed with that approach but just trying to rationalise.

I don't agree on Oledski, he is massive and its all muscle too.

5 hours ago, Mark S said:

Can’t see Sinfield coming back to rugby, he will be fast tracked into the England union set up, where he will earn the big bucks.

If he had anything to offer on the RL coaching front, he would have been with a club a while ago.

4 hours ago, The storm said:

How many rugby league coaches does the england RU team need

As many RL experienced/orientated people they can get hold of, and it is not just England is it. 

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

I don't agree on Oledski, he is massive and its all muscle too.

He is but there is a big difference between a naturally big man and one pumped up with muscle Tom.  Not saying he’s an average player, he is above that.  

Fifita is an example at Wakey.  Very wide hips, natural strength and individual tacklers can’t do very much with him.  

Archived