Newcastle (H)

Wakefield Ram

Think this is turning into a "must win" or at least a "must play far better" to give us hope of avoiding relegation as on current form, we are the worst team in the Championship. Not the worst team, but playing like it. 

London are improving rapidly from the look of their results and Workington beat us. 

Defence wins games. If only our defence could as sure as that of Saints or Catalans, I would be pleased, but we are unable to defend for more than forty minutes per game. We just need to defend for the eighty and we just might win. Can we do it this week?

It’s very unlikely.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Having watched North Wales vs Sheffield, Barrow vs Workington and Batley vs Fev challenge cup games over the weekend on current form we wouldn't beat any of those terms, that includes North Wales. Like CF says above,good defence gives you a chance of winning a game, at the moment I don't have much hope in that department. 

Simply accept defeat will happen

Then anything else is a bonus🤔

How about for a change we run a competition on how many will we score and concede in the next 3 games 🤔

Newcastle home

Leigh away

Batley away

My guess 

For 32 against 138

And I'm not reight confident on 32 either 🤔😜😜😜

2 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Defence wins games. If only our defence could as sure as that of Saints or Catalans, I would be pleased, but we are unable to defend for more than forty minutes per game. We just need to defend for the eighty and we just might win. Can we do it this week?

It’s very unlikely.

That's the frustration. They play well for 40 minutes, concede a try or two, heads go down and it's all over. We need to score more points.

Sykes is still a quality player, put him in the centre and bring either Smith or Sweeting in to partner Beharrel who is doing a job on his own.

Watched every game this season all live except Widnes and Workington due to being on holiday. Watched both games later and yes did the 6hr plus round trip to Whitehaven! Few things for me. A total lack of spine which for me is numbers 1,6,7,9 and 13. This leads to no structure whatsoever and outside backs being starved of possession or served up slow ball dross. I agree that defence goes along way to winning games. Defence requires player buy in and desire. SOME players haven’t shown any. Whitehaven game personified this. 12-8 up at half time 32 unanswered points in the second half. All I saw was their forwards Graham and the lad from Fiji running hard and straight down the middle. Nobody wanted to meet them at the gain line and smash em. Result game over. The tries against are mainly scored down one of edges. Think you will be astonished what the percentage is. This league is undoubtedly tough. But in my mind I know we can do better. I have purposefully not named any players. However some need to shape up or ship out.

6 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

A total lack of spine which for me is numbers 1,6,7,9 and 13. 

Just imagine how much that shopping list would be! If only you had a parcel of land that you could flog to invest... oh hang on!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On 14/03/2022 at 11:13, coolie said:

Simply accept defeat will happen

Then anything else is a bonus🤔

How about for a change we run a competition on how many will we score and concede in the next 3 games 🤔

Newcastle home

Leigh away

Batley away

My guess 

For 32 against 138

And I'm not reight confident on 32 either 🤔😜😜😜

I’m not too confident about your 138 but I’ll cross my fingers 

18 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Just imagine how much that shopping list would be! If only you had a parcel of land that you could flog to invest... oh hang on!

We don't.

Next daft comment?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Going to take a big turnaround in effort, attitude and tactics to get anything from this game. I just can't see where it's going to come from though.

I notice Mark Aston was praising Bayley Liu for his offload game in this week's League Express. Liked him when he was at Dewsbury. Aaron Hall has an offload in him too, but we don't seem to see him much.

Will be going in blind hope on Sunday. Hopefully the home faithful can spur them on.

3 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Going to take a big turnaround in effort, attitude and tactics to get anything from this game. I just can't see where it's going to come from though.

I notice Mark Aston was praising Bayley Liu for his offload game in this week's League Express. Liked him when he was at Dewsbury. Aaron Hall has an offload in him too, but we don't seem to see him much.

Will be going in blind hope on Sunday. Hopefully the home faithful can spur them on.

We probably prefer players who can last longer than 10 minutes.

Bayley Liu suffered at least three concussions in his time with us, which is very worrying for a young man.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Offloads are banned.   I’ve told you that before😉

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

We don't.

Next daft comment?

You did...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

17 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

You did...

Didn't!

Check the difference between owner and leaseholder.

If you are a Dewsbury fan it's very difficult to know what is happening at the club.No programmes , not even enough team lists at the games.Score board hasn't worked like it did,certainly all this season .As for the Dewsbury Reporter they are truly pathetic. The usual huge picture on one side.why? Today it mentions the Ukrainian flag,fair enough. But nothing about any players ,or the match,news-forget it.  I do not believe  the staff reporter goes to games.

3 hours ago, silcoates said:

If you are a Dewsbury fan it's very difficult to know what is happening at the club.No programmes , not even enough team lists at the games.Score board hasn't worked like it did,certainly all this season .As for the Dewsbury Reporter they are truly pathetic. The usual huge picture on one side.why? Today it mentions the Ukrainian flag,fair enough. But nothing about any players ,or the match,news-forget it.  I do not believe  the staff reporter goes to games.

The staff reporter was made redundant in 2020 which was Andy hunt who covered both batley and dewsbury top guy 

2 hours ago, NickD said:

Anyone think we might just sneak this one?

Yes me... 

And I expected to win the Euromillons last week, and wouldn't have to work again as a result. As I type this from my desk during my lunch break!

I just hope we can keep in the game for the full 80 minutes, that's only chance we have.  

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

No idea of the squad who will be available/selected. An unknown lad joining us on loan from Halifax to strengthen our second row options. Tom Holmes joining Sheffield on loan after some rumours that he might join us. So, who can tell?

I can't see anything other than another defeat, I'm sorry to say and, given that Batley are also playing Fev at home, a relatively modest crowd, hopefully bolstered by a few from Newcastle.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

No idea of the squad who will be available/selected. An unknown lad joining us on loan from Halifax to strengthen our second row options. Tom Holmes joining Sheffield on loan after some rumours that he might join us. So, who can tell?

I can't see anything other than another defeat, I'm sorry to say and, given that Batley are also playing Fev at home, a relatively modest crowd, hopefully bolstered by a few from Newcastle.

Minus their drum.... Hopefully for the old codgers of the southstand🤔🤣

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Squad out.  Still missing too many.  😩That head knock Dale Ferguson took must have hurt.  

15 hours ago, NickD said:

Squad out.  Still missing too many.  😩That head knock Dale Ferguson took must have hurt.  

Too much experience missing I'm afraid - Ferguson, Walton, Annakin, Peltier. We have a group of eager and energetic youngish lads but leadership, both by direction and example, has been sadly lacking.

Archived