Leigh TV deal

The scrim reaper

No it's just not you, also Widnes, Featherstone twice on the bounce, so as I said before the season kicked off Premier have nailed their colours to the mast. I was surprised with the content from the Sportsman stream I enjoyed it.

18 hours ago, The scrim reaper said:

Is it just me! or have leigh signed an exclusive deal with premier sports, to show all there games this season?  Next week again Halifax v leigh, seems to me premier sports are favouring leigh games! 

They have only had one home game scheduled this season, so far, the same as every other club except London. Premier no doubt regard them as one of the more attractive teams who are likely to attract a bigger audience. This simply seems like a regular commercial decision to me, or am I missing something?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

36 minutes ago, RogerT said:

No it's just not you, also Widnes, Featherstone twice on the bounce, so as I said before the season kicked off Premier have nailed their colours to the mast. I was surprised with the content from the Sportsman stream I enjoyed it.

Bradford away Fev's next appearance in March , I'd rather not be on Monday night is not for RL imo.

48 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

They have only had one home game scheduled this season, so far, the same as every other club except London. Premier no doubt regard them as one of the more attractive teams who are likely to attract a bigger audience. This simply seems like a regular commercial decision to me, or am I missing something?

True BSJ it's just the luck of the draw when premier pick home side so

York one H one A

Leigh one H two A

FEV one H two A

Widnes  one H three A

4 hours ago, POR said:

True BSJ it's just the luck of the draw when premier pick home side so

York one H one A

Leigh one H two A

FEV one H two A

Widnes  one H three A

I was told that when Premier pick a club for a second home game then a fee is payable, whereas no fee is forthcoming for the first game. I wonder if the rich or poor clubs will be the beneficiaries?

(As things stand, of course, I prefer my team not to feature much at all - why should everyone suffer?)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

I was told that when Premier pick a club for a second home game then a fee is payable, whereas no fee is forthcoming for the first game. I wonder if the rich or poor clubs will be the beneficiaries?

(As things stand, of course, I prefer my team not to feature much at all - why should everyone suffer?)

Teams will have no more than 4 home games televised. Reported that there is a 'basic' fee paid by PS (to cover such as fireworks and subsidised away travel) and then there is a bonus payable if/when production costs have been covered through subscriptions - possibly with a club's bonus determined by how many subscribers they bring to the party. 

On 15/03/2022 at 16:01, Fevrover said:

Bradford away Fev's next appearance in March , I'd rather not be on Monday night is not for RL imo.

try April, Fevrover!🤣

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

Archived