Double header this sunday

georgeb1

Hopefully a decent crowd this sun to watch this , ladies to keep up the strong progress, men to get back on track and show what we are capable , Matty marsh at fullback , we've got to stop messing this guy about , arguably best FULLBACK in the league πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to Sunday. Should be a great spectacle. Two absolutely cracking encounters. Should be a big crowd and looks like it’s going to be a lovely day β˜€οΈ, just perfect for rugby. Up the Knights and the Ladies Knights. Let’s make it two from two.

Usually drive over to York but travelling over on the train this Sunday.

Checking the bus timetables it seems to be the No9 service to get to Monks Cross.

Does anyone know if this stops outside the station or do I need to get it from Rougier St.

Β 

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

17 hours ago, spanishknight said:

I'm hoping to get to the games on Sunday, first time since the Rams game just hope the players turn up as well.

Hope you make it John, and as white K. said above its nearly time for the replica shirts. Just hope the replica team dont make it this week.

1 hour ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Checking the bus timetables it seems to be the No9 service to get to Monks Cross.

Does anyone know if this stops outside the station or do I need to get it from Rougier St.

Β 

Bus departs from the station roughly every 14 mins and takes about 25 mins to the ground , not sure if it's the no 9 just ask . enjoy your day.πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

18 hours ago, White Knight said:

Should be a good day. Might have my replica shirt on for the first time. β˜€οΈ

With full sun forecast it should be pretty warm , so shirts will be the order of the day .πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

4 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Our League coverage and the effect on the the 'gate'. Discuss?

Think it will knock a fair few off especially after last week, a family of 4 can sit at home and watch it for a fiver, a lot of Widnes fans will stay at home and watch it, what with the cost of fuel then the admission, can't blame them.

32 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Not many clubs will be able to have a double header with the ladies & men's teams, so it's understandable that the RFL will want to televise and show it off in some way. Shows the club in a great light really.

Although if the camera angles are like the North Wales v Sheffield game last week, anyone watching on OurLeague will regret not going to the game. It was basically unwatchable with the camera zoomed in on the play most of the time rather than the wide angle which they hardly used.

Β 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes |Β Leaflets |Β Cards |Β Banners & FlagsΒ |Β Letterheads |Β Tickets |Β Magazines |Β Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFCΒ & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

12 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Nothing beats being there. Showing the game on a live stream is no excuse for a poor crowd, especially with the good weather forecast.

totally agree, hope both plenty turn up two top draw fixtures , basking in the sun in the east stand , the costa del LNER.πŸ˜€

5 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Β basking in the sun in the east stand

Then moaning about the sun being in their eyes...

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes |Β Leaflets |Β Cards |Β Banners & FlagsΒ |Β Letterheads |Β Tickets |Β Magazines |Β Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFCΒ & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

4 hours ago, andyacko said:

Andy,

Difficult to say how much it will impact on the gate. Granted you will get some fans who may now choose not to travel when they were initially intending on been there in person, but you will also get some folk paying Β£4.95/Β£10, to watch the match on the πŸ“Ί who were never intending on travelling anyway, for example some away fans and some neutral fans, so that income generated through Our League will be a bonus. Of course the big plus will be the exposure this coverage will bring to both our sides. It’s going to be a lovely day on Sunday. The Knights and the Knights Ladies are at home together for the first time. There will be a great atmosphere with four cracking teams on show and some super rugby. As good as the πŸ“Ί option is, you can’t beat being there in person. For that reason I will be in my usual seat cheering both sides on and they will be able to hear me too!Β Up the Knights!βš”οΈπŸ‰

Without a season ticket, does anybody know if you an get in and out of the LNER between the games on a matchday ticket ?

I really want to watch the YCK Ladies, but there's the best part of an hour and a half between the games....... don't want to be trapped with nothing but Amstel @ Β£5.50 a pint to keep me company!

On 16/03/2022 at 11:06, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Β 

Yep, it's the number 9 bus - just cross the road immediately outside the station (you'll see the stops as you come out) and catch it - 20 mins tops to ground, it's the route I use, message me if you want more infoπŸ‘

18 minutes ago, RBKnight said:

Without a season ticket, does anybody know if you an get in and out of the LNER between the games on a matchday ticket ?

I really want to watch the YCK Ladies, but there's the best part of an hour and a half between the games....... don't want to be trapped with nothing but Amstel @ Β£5.50 a pint to keep me company!

You must try the Ainsty Ales - Available in bottles.Β 

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. πŸΊπŸ‰

Archived