Double header this sunday

georgeb1

12 hours ago, RBKnight said:

Without a season ticket, does anybody know if you an get in and out of the LNER between the games on a matchday ticket ?

I really want to watch the YCK Ladies, but there's the best part of an hour and a half between the games....... don't want to be trapped with nothing but Amstel @ £5.50 a pint to keep me company!

I asked the club the same question via e.mail , still no reply , double headers are a great idea but when speccies are there 5 hours plus in house food drink offers are important as pass out s are .😀😀😀

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mick the Miller said:

Club confirmed to me that once you leave the stadium there is no return. Probably as one could pass on their ticket to someone else for the second game. 

Why can't the club stamp the back of your hand like when we went to Blackpool so you go in and out of the stadium.

11 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Looks like 2Ps is playing Sunday and Fordy said he could play all 3 halfbacks, hope he doesn't mess about with the team this week.

Madness if he did. Hopefully just a bit of kidology. 

2 hours ago, Mick the Miller said:

Club confirmed to me that once you leave the stadium there is no return. Probably as one could pass on their ticket to someone else for the second game. 

thats crackers, just stamp ur hand or give u a wristband... works at other sporting events or music festivals no  probs. the new stadiums nice but i dont wanna live there for the day!

2 hours ago, Mick the Miller said:

That's a really, really poor show ...... leaving such a big gap between the two games both robs YCK ladies of the boost of a building crowd cheering them on, and makes a mockery of the much-vaunted "match-day experience" available at the Vanguarde centre 💩

If that’s the case they should have sold separate tickets for both matches. Don’t think many fans will want to sit in the ground watching nowt for an hour and drink £6 pints in a plastic glass and eat rubbish hot dogs. I was going to take the kids but they’d be bored out of their minds. Not as if there’s even an indoor bar we can go in or anything else to do at all. Daft. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Ladies kick off at 12:00. I am planning to watch their second half (12:50ish). Match should finish around 1:40. A pint in the bar, read the programme, catch up with a couple of mates then take in the warm ups and pre match atmosphere ahead of the game. Time will fly.😉

1 minute ago, spanishknight said:

If there was only half hour between games people would be still moaning, it's  a rugby league thing, we're only happy when we're moaning.

It is a bit daft though and easily remedied 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

13 hours ago, RBKnight said:

That's a really, really poor show ...... leaving such a big gap between the two games both robs YCK ladies of the boost of a building crowd cheering them on, and makes a mockery of the much-vaunted "match-day experience" available at the Vanguarde centre 💩

It's SMC, not the Club that makes the rules remember. 

2 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

If that’s the case they should have sold separate tickets for both matches. Don’t think many fans will want to sit in the ground watching nowt for an hour and drink £6 pints in a plastic glass and eat rubbish hot dogs. I was going to take the kids but they’d be bored out of their minds. Not as if there’s even an indoor bar we can go in or anything else to do at all. Daft. 

Nail hit firmly on the head there Simon. Apart from hospitality and premium lounge the super duper new stadium is sadly lacking an indoor bar/social area where fans can comfortably meet before, during and briefly after match days. As for tomorrows double header, general fans appear to be at the mercy of hospitality. Matchday info clearly states that after the ladies game hospitality clients will then have 90 minutes to enjoy their 3 course meal and sherberts. Lucky them. Of course, at 60 quid a go hospitality is much needed revenue for the club, but on witnessing the chaos caused by this scenario to allocated seating in the premium seating area and the aforementioned double header it appears, IMO, to be a simple case of BAD PLANNING. 

7 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

I believe Fosters is only £4.40.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

7 hours ago, Mick the Miller said:

It's SMC, not the Club that makes the rules remember. 

This is yet again another example of the Stadium Management Company damaging the good name and image of York City Knights. Surely the club should have more control of what happens on matchdays

19 hours ago, Peter G. said:

Matchday info clearly states that after the ladies game hospitality clients will then have 90 minutes to enjoy their 3 course meal and sherberts.

sadly i feel hospitality/corporate is becoming the be all n end all of thinking by those (who ever it is?) who are calling the shots

1 hour ago, Nearenough said:

sadly i feel hospitality/corporate is becoming the be all n end all of thinking by those (who ever it is?) who are calling the shots

agree , but that,s the way of society now , plus trouble with a new style stadium you do miss the traditional bars and eateries that are dotted around other grounds.

On 19/03/2022 at 08:45, Simon Hall said:

I suppose the alternative is to watch the ladies on the Our League app then go to the men's game. I think the ladies game is free and the men's is a pay job.

Couldn't make it today due to illness, so watched on our league. Was a pleasure to see a superb 80 minute performance. Whilst some lovely tries were scored it was great to see the Knights defence stifle the Widnes attack again and again.

Well done all.

Archived