Double header this sunday

georgeb1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great performance all round, with PP having his best game in a Knights shirt, our defence back to its best, and some really classy tries.

Levi Edwards - a VERY impressive debut. Had to keep reminding myself that our centre/wing combination on the left was two teenagers!

Without doubt the best performance by the Knights since moving into the new stadium. 
After last weeks poor showing I feared for us before the game what with the Vikings in decent form but that fear was dispelled with the knights putting on an outstanding performance across the board 1-17 and for the full 80 mins.

I’d have payed the admission money only just to see Levi Edwards footwork in bamboozling four defenders and off load! It was that good. The kid looks a talent. 

Whole side were immense but huge shout out to the pack that dominated from the first minute. My mom was Danny Kirmond who had a massive game both in attack and defence. He was backed up superbly by Chris Clarkson. Both lads have had stick in the past but both still have so much quality and it showed in todays performance. 

Jack Teanby had a stormer, his best game in a long while and it was good to see Two P’s doing some damage in his short but productive spells. 

All in all a good day. Ladies side played well and look to have recruited well. Stanley at full back looks exceptional as does Hollie Dodd who runs some quality lines at pace.

Well done to both sets of Knights players. You did us proud. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

Edwards is one of the best talents to come through our system in years, he's been earmarked as something special since he was 14. Always been a backrow through his community clubs and our scholarship but centres probably a better bet at his age against men.

Pleased he's had a good start with you.

2 minutes ago, rhinos78 said:

Edwards is one of the best talents to come through our system in years, he's been earmarked as something special since he was 14. Always been a backrow through his community clubs and our scholarship but centres probably a better bet at his age against men.

He looks the real deal.

34 minutes ago, rhinos78 said:

Please dont tell Rich Agar. If he asks, lad was terrible...😁

Thought all 17 deserved MOM today, jubby, kirmo, Clarkson, Thomson all played 80 mins, the none glamorous work horses, sprinkle a bit of genius in BOH and there you have it....

Our left edge had a combined age of 36!

Fantastic performance all round.

4 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Thought the atmosphere was great yesterday infact the best we've had at the new stadium, think the players responded to it as well.

Shame they didn’t come to our end of the pitch so we could applaud them off

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Well I said that having all 3 half backs in the 17 would be madness. However, fortune-teller Fordy must have known Ellis would do his hamstring and need to go off. Goes to show what I know 🤣

In Fordy's genius we trust!! 

8 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Shame they didn’t come to our end of the pitch so we could applaud them off

Yes , first time I've seen that happen , support was great all along the stand as usual .

24 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Thought the atmosphere was great yesterday infact the best we've had at the new stadium, think the players responded to it as well.

Agree 100% The crowd yesterday were magnificent. No better way to spend a Sunday afternoon - sun on my face, pint in my hand, some fantastic entertainment, and a good old sing song. 

Archived