Bradford Bulls!

Spike

4 hours ago, DavidM said:

That right ? Very good then . Thomas is solid but I think we’ve lacked a bit of threat and zip from the back without Gabe and Holroyd 

I've yet to be convinced by Thomas it's a shame Lee couldn't have got a run at FB with Thomas injured.  It's a baptism for the young lad if he starts, if He's anything like his dad he'll be a good'n.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/03/2022 at 15:25, Sticklebricks said:

A bigger key is having enough bodies, fingers crossed 

Another key issue will be the attitude that some of the players turn up with,  

12 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

I'm undecided at the minute wether Sheffield was another Widnes type blip or we really can't handle a team that plays at speed due to offloads and quick passing. We'll have Tomposh back and if Cus and Jake are back as well it should be a tight game as We've shown we can match it with likes of Barrow and Fev.  Anybody know if there's been any new faces at training? 

Also we need to stop Walker early on, we can't let him rumble up the middle for an easy 20 metres.

Walker isn't in the squad that's a relief. 

36 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Walker isn't in the squad that's a relief. 

It says he’s in squad on their Twitter feed. He takes some pulling down but play quickly and some of those big forwards will leave some defensive gaps. All depends whether we can get enough go forward, but if we can and Matty is fit to do his sniping runs could be interesting.

20 hours ago, townie88 said:

How on earth are we only finding out about new signings ahen squads are announced?

I'm guessing they've been frantically working behinds the scenes to secure a deal and have managed to do it in time for this match. Its a positive as far as I'm concerned.

Good luck todays lads. Not too sure what to expect, a Barrow performance or a Sheffield one, but hopefully Matty and Cus will have passed their fitness tests and we give a good account of ourselves. If there’s one team I’d like to beat it’s definitely this lot. UTT

Another tough day at DP today but I'm sure most of us prefer this to some of the stuff we've watched the last few seasons. If we only win one game this season I hoe its this one. The antics of this mob over the years makes my blood boil, and having Kear as coach makes it worse. Good look lads, UTT.

44 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Another tough day at DP today but I'm sure most of us prefer this to some of the stuff we've watched the last few seasons. If we only win one game this season I hoe its this one. The antics of this mob over the years makes my blood boil, and having Kear as coach makes it worse. Good look lads, UTT.

Couldn't have put it better myself marra , UTT 🔵⚪

I know blaming the referee is an easy cop out but that refereeing performance was blatant cheating..  absolutely disgusting..  offside every tackle and the forward pass was shocking 

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

I know blaming the referee is an easy cop out but that refereeing performance was blatant cheating..  absolutely disgusting..  offside every tackle and the forward pass was shocking 

Was as poor a performance by an official I've seen in a very long time! It may not have changed the result but at this level officials should not be that poor/inconsistent/blind. Although the touches are as much to blame. 

What also bugged me today was our line up. You have 3 middles on the bench but still play a centre at loose. Play 2 wingers in the centres, and have our hardest running and tackling back (teare) stuck on the wing. Surely he's better suited to playing centre?  Our right edge is poor in defence and concedes alot of points

Thought Town played very well in parts. Ref wasn't great and TJs are pointless. 

On paper Bradford are a good team and town competed well. Out defence at times was excellent. We jus lack that ability to break the line, Doran and kicks aside we have limited options, id get Teare in centre for a start. 

Thought Broadbent looked like he could be good, few errors but tackled well. 

23 minutes ago, Spike said:

Why the laughing emoji @Davo5?? Were you there??

Yeh refs are rubbish but let’s be honest we’re losing winnable games like that because we’re not big  enough , we’re not disciplined enough and we’re not good enough . I didn’t think they were all that great tbh but again they had big lads we struggled to pull down , made lots of ground and halves who can play off it . They didn’t create stacks but physically controlled it .We were slowed and dominated in the ruck and despite lots of endeavour and commitment we’re just not matching up physically and we’re not clinical . And while we gave up some soft tries , with the ball we look pretty blunt and ponderous . Again we have lots of effort but that should be a given and it won’t win us any points . We’ve probably got half a team that’s good enough . Fitzsimmons is by far our best but playing 80 a week consistently in this league is something he shouldn’t really have to do . I still think Teare is a great talent , basically our only strike back but I’ve still no idea why he’s on the wing and not infield or even fullback with the attributes he has . It’s frustrating in the main 

Yes the ref was awful...

But... to me town had no fire in their bellies to want to win. Its the same old 1 man rugby or predictable cross right across the line. I'm actually finding them boring to watch! 

What is it going to take for us to start winning? New players? New coach? I really don't know but this is terrible. 

Bradford weren't anything special. If town had the passion to win we could of took them points today.! 

Archived