Bradford Bulls!

Spike

33 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Some good comments on here today and some stupid ones. I'm not enjoying losing but I'm loving the effort the players are putting in and pushing these good teams all the way. We've gone up with virtually last year's team and the improvement in some of the lads has been incredible. Some of the others have only played a handful of pro games. To sum up the game the ref was appalling, our defence in the main was superb , the lad on debut will learn from his three costly errors and frustratingly we're not quite good enough against these top teams.  Remember Bradford almost beat Leigh on Monday! Keep the faith folks , the likes of Dewsbury and London are where we need to get our wins. 

Well said

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, David69 said:

We not to far away. We havent got money to get a dec patten or jordan lilley n bring 3 in from leeds just like that.we got the best coach he doing the best with what we got. I may agree with others saying teare in centre might be better. Just mistakes n penaltys so costly in this league. Fans keep faith n keep behind lads,it keeps the money coming in.  Board n volunteers doing best they can. Iam sure win is not far away.we have still keeping london dewsbury haven in our sights.

We’ve had lilley for about 4 seasons now patten was a very good scalp for us though.

has for the 3 leeds players all young lads that need game time as can’t play under 18s.

Felt a bit frustrated walking out today, the lads really gave it a go but we just aren't good enough for 80 mins to win. Ref was poor but he didn't make the difference. 

We played almost the whole game in front of Bradford, the only time we broke their line was Jammer for the try. Our forwards just didn't bend their line enough or get a quick play the ball to get them on the back foot. 

Generally pretty sound defensively but there were a couple of soft tries on last tackle. Why Teare is on the wing when we have a winger in Clegg playing centre is baffling to me. I feel for Fitzy really doing it tough putting big minutes in every week in the hardest position with no reward. 

Bradford did what they had to but I thought we weren't that far away. Let's hope we can build on the last couple of weeks. UTT! 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

48 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Felt a bit frustrated walking out today, the lads really gave it a go but we just aren't good enough for 80 mins to win. Ref was poor but he didn't make the difference. 

We played almost the whole game in front of Bradford, the only time we broke their line was Jammer for the try. Our forwards just didn't bend their line enough or get a quick play the ball to get them on the back foot. 

Generally pretty sound defensively but there were a couple of soft tries on last tackle. Why Teare is on the wing when we have a winger in Clegg playing centre is baffling to me. I feel for Fitzy really doing it tough putting big minutes in every week in the hardest position with no reward. 

Bradford did what they had to but I thought we weren't that far away. Let's hope we can build on the last couple of weeks. UTT! 

I feel Curtis is stuck out there because he is undoubtedly our best winger......but also he would be our best centre 

7 minutes ago, townie88 said:

I feel Curtis is stuck out there because he is undoubtedly our best winger......but also he would be our best centre 

The class oozes out of him, thought broadband looked class also if a little green but you can see he's going to be a great player 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Was a really good dig against a decent team today but for me it should be a big bussler stepping in to help put fitzy today.

Heard rumours of a few incoming loans before we took broadbent in as a must but something from the club would be nice, is the new aussie officially not happening now. Or did Chris say anything afterwards on his radio interview?

Crossley and the lad from Leeds punched the holes down the middle today and that was the difference for me, we matched them even with 5 wingers we had in our 13, just wish we had that option and think these close matches could go in our favour.

Teare absolutely superb signing.

3 hours ago, Bullmania said:

Always going be potential banana skin for us this after taking full time leigh all the way on Monday putting so much into that game.

glad of the two points never easy up there your win is coming got a week off now get some lads back and maybe get a deal for another lad.

keep supporting your team and see you at odsal later on in the year.

Sadly no week off as we have to play Halifax in a re-arranged game.

I absolutely hate these 6 re-starts as there is no consistency from the referees with them and I do feel we are getting hammered every week with them as the more experienced opposition players seem to be able to milk them when required and keep putting us under the cosh.

Pleased with the effort from the lads today and while the standard of Rugby is much higher the Refs are not but I would much rather be watching this than another season of League 1.

On a final note after reading many threads over the last couple of weeks I cannot understand how anyone can question Chris Thormans abilities.

In my opinion we have the best Coach in this league and he is working wonders with what he has at his disposal and he has taken our Club in the right direction off the field as well.

Remember he has a part time squad with very limited budget and no dual reg in place and is bringing in the best local talent that will secure our long term future and given time and support we will reap the rewards.

9 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Yes and it didn’t look good with injuries again with Malik carrying his right arm when he didn’t return after half time and Pez hobbling off quite badly. Hopefully neither too serious or we’ll be seriously lacking numbers.

Reading all the comments post match it is difficult to disagree with most, we have an abundance of effort and enthusiasm and at times, during games, great skill, however this alone is not going to keep us in this league, the long term future, with the all our young players is bright but at this moment in time we are lacking experience and size imo.

Just listened to Chris’s after match interview on radio Cumbria and it doesn’t sound like any new players for next week. Stevie about 2 months away and Dave Weetman about a month and Jake not ready. Sounded like he’s trying to recruit but just incredibly difficult to get anybody. 

10 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Gutted this has been rearranged fior next Sunday. I really feel the lads could do with a week off to recover from the constant battering they are getting from bigger reams every week. 7 out of 8 home games at the start the season is a scandal Ifail to understand, in today's economic crisis I'm sure there are more than a few fans who just can't afford it week after week. The much discussed 2pm KO might come back to haunt us due to it being Mother's day. I know a few who won't be attending because they have already made arrangements for lunch with their Mams and can't make it for 2pm. Is it not too late to move it back to 3pm ? Another tough opponent in Haliifax who should finish in the top 3, it gets no easier but we just have to front up again like we have done most weeks.. UTT.

40 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

7 out of 8 home games at the start the season is a scandal Ifail to understand, in today's economic crisis I'm sure there are more than a few fans who just can't afford it week after week.

I would love someone at the RFL to come out and explain this . Even without the Sheffield fixture being reversed , loading up all these games early in the season one after another , with hardly anything later in prime conditions to get fans in , is just plain ridiculous and totally unbalanced beyond all reason 

Town, Haven and Barrow have always been hampered when it comes to recruiting players, its often been said that it was easier to recruit from the other side of the world than persuade players to travel from Lancs and Yorkshire to play for our local clubs.

Unfortunately in West Cumbria, there are very very few players that I've seen locally who could make the step up to the pro game, certainly not enough to underpin Haven and Town, which puts the overreliance on travellers and journeymen.

Honestly don't know what the answer is, the RFL should be looking to improve the quality of coaching throughout the youth game, but as anyone who has been involved in junior rugby will tell you, its always been a case of 'sink or swim' once you have completed your 2 or 4 day coaching course, and many parents get roped in to help with junior coaching despite having never played the game themselves.

If we are to produce a better quality of player in this county and beyond, then the emphasis should be on improving the coaches and the level of coaching, as that alone will help improve player skills through continuous assessment and regular coaching workshops.

There are no quick fixes unfortunately .....and does west cumbria still have a development officer or have they all been finished as you never hear anything about development these days 

3 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Gutted this has been rearranged fior next Sunday. I really feel the lads could do with a week off to recover from the constant battering they are getting from bigger reams every week. 7 out of 8 home games at the start the season is a scandal Ifail to understand, in today's economic crisis I'm sure there are more than a few fans who just can't afford it week after week. The much discussed 2pm KO might come back to haunt us due to it being Mother's day. I know a few who won't be attending because they have already made arrangements for lunch with their Mams and can't make it for 2pm. Is it not too late to move it back to 3pm ? Another tough opponent in Haliifax who should finish in the top 3, it gets no easier but we just have to front up again like we have done most weeks.. UTT.

Haven't they lost 3 out of 4 ? Their fans didn't sound very confident prior to the cancelled game, another tough game for sure though.

3 hours ago, IanMac said:

Just listened to Chris’s after match interview on radio Cumbria and it doesn’t sound like any new players for next week. Stevie about 2 months away and Dave Weetman about a month and Jake not ready. Sounded like he’s trying to recruit but just incredibly difficult to get anybody. 

I just listened to it and really felt for him. You could hear the pride, frustration and disappointment, i could see that at the whistle with Jammer too. Apart from the Sheffield game i'm sure we all feel the same. Last week we had virtually no front row and this week we might have no backrow, it doesn't get any easier. 

14 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

I absolutely hate these 6 re-starts as there is no consistency from the referees with them and I do feel we are getting hammered every week with them as the more experienced opposition players seem to be able to milk them when required and keep putting us under the cosh.

Pleased with the effort from the lads today and while the standard of Rugby is much higher the Refs are not but I would much rather be watching this than another season of League 1.

On a final note after reading many threads over the last couple of weeks I cannot understand how anyone can question Chris Thormans abilities.

In my opinion we have the best Coach in this league and he is working wonders with what he has at his disposal and he has taken our Club in the right direction off the field as well.

Remember he has a part time squad with very limited budget and no dual reg in place and is bringing in the best local talent that will secure our long term future and given time and support we will reap the rewards.

Absolutely 100% right mate, we've got a diamond of a coach and a great bloke as well. We are bottom of the league with no points so you will get some who don't see the bigger picture and have a go at him. What he's done the last few years for our club is incredible, I just hope he knows that the vast majority of us think the same.

1 hour ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Town, Haven and Barrow have always been hampered when it comes to recruiting players, its often been said that it was easier to recruit from the other side of the world than persuade players to travel from Lancs and Yorkshire to play for our local clubs.

Unfortunately in West Cumbria, there are very very few players that I've seen locally who could make the step up to the pro game, certainly not enough to underpin Haven and Town, which puts the overreliance on travellers and journeymen.

Honestly don't know what the answer is, the RFL should be looking to improve the quality of coaching throughout the youth game, but as anyone who has been involved in junior rugby will tell you, its always been a case of 'sink or swim' once you have completed your 2 or 4 day coaching course, and many parents get roped in to help with junior coaching despite having never played the game themselves.

If we are to produce a better quality of player in this county and beyond, then the emphasis should be on improving the coaches and the level of coaching, as that alone will help improve player skills through continuous assessment and regular coaching workshops.

There are no quick fixes unfortunately .....and does west cumbria still have a development officer or have they all been finished as you never hear anything about development these days 

Absolutely bang on! Once you've completed your coaching course there's no help or development on offer which in turn hinders the development of players. In terms of development officer, is that not Alan Davidsons job? I think there is a handful of players locally who could make the step up if given the right coaching and time ( like Town did last year ) unfortunately as its been mentioned, perhaps promotion came too early for Town but they were doing it the right way by developing these players, but the championship is unforgiving and its a big ask to need them to come in and adapt straight away unfortunately.

In the after match chat on Radio Cumbria between Kells Peter Smith and the commentator who I took to be from Bradford, they got talking about the ref.  Both thought he had a good game and only made one mistake during the game which doesn’t seem to be the view of the majority on here.  Are they right?  Are Town fans being biased against the referees?  

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Archived