Bradford Bulls!

Spike

1 minute ago, THMS said:

Yes the ref was awful...

But... to me town had no fire in their bellies to want to win. Its the same old 1 man rugby or predictable cross right across the line. I'm actually finding them boring to watch! 

What is it going to take for us to start winning? New players? New coach? I really don't know but this is terrible. 

Bradford weren't anything special. If town had the passion to win we could of took them points today.! 

Bit reactionary.. we have a good coach who is doing his best with limited resources.. chill out

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Bit reactionary.. we have a good coach who is doing his best with limited resources.. chill out

So then we need some new players.... 

• Confused 1

We are our own worst enemies at times, our error rate is terrible. RL is a simple game at times and yet we quite often fail to get the basics right. Out of our first 7 sets in the 2nd half we completed 1 which is appalling. You can’t keep turning the ball over that cheaply in this league and expect to win games.

• Like 5

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

2 minutes ago, THMS said:

So then we need some new players.... 

Can't afford it.. limited resources as I said

4 minutes ago, THMS said:

Then whats ur suggestion to us actually winning a game?.

Simply need better quality in squad but clearly no funds available to buy them, if any were available.

In my opinion , some of our recent signings are not up to this level I am afraid, better players have left 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, townie88 said:

What also bugged me today was our line up. You have 3 middles on the bench but still play a centre at loose. Play 2 wingers in the centres, and have our hardest running and tackling back (teare) stuck on the wing. Surely he's better suited to playing centre?  Our right edge is poor in defence and concedes alot of points

How did Haven do 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, THMS said:

Yes the ref was awful...

But... to me town had no fire in their bellies to want to win. Its the same old 1 man rugby or predictable cross right across the line. I'm actually finding them boring to watch! 

What is it going to take for us to start winning? New players? New coach? I really don't know but this is terrible. 

Bradford weren't anything special. If town had the passion to win we could of took them points today.! 

If you thought we had no fire in our belly to win this then you were watching a different game from me. It was that fire that kept them in the game against a more talented experienced, and expensive team. I doubt the majority of the popular side who stayed back to cheer them off would have done so if they hadn't seen their team give it everything. UTT.

• Like 10

To be honest I didn’t think we played that badly today, whether we had bigger forwards or not we’d still be shooting ourselves in the foot with poor completion, and if the official is content for Bradford to lie on and slow every play the ball down without doing anything about it we are never going to be able to play with any speed. 
Not sure it’s correct to say recent signings aren’t up to this standard. Like any sport confidence plays a major part and unfortunately we are playing with a real lack of it. Given the investment Bradford have made in players and the fact they could draw on 3 Leeds players we weren’t that far off them, better completion and staying switched on on the last tackle would have made a huge difference today. Fitzy was the best forward on the field and well done to the young full back made a couple of errors but made some brilliant tackles. 

• Like 2

I honestly believe we're not far off winning one of these and if it happens we might just kick on. 

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

6 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

If you thought we had no fire in our belly to win this then you were watching a different game from me. It was that fire that kept them in the game against a more talented experienced, and expensive team. I doubt the majority of the popular side who stayed back to cheer them off would have done so if they hadn't seen their team give it everything. UTT.

I also stayed back for the ones that tried but

I agree with a previous post on here. We have half a team who can win us games and half that don't. 

The mistakes are so frustrating and u could hear Doran screaming at them no penalties and by tackle 2... a penalty. 

Its just another frustrating Sunday afternoon at derwent park and there seems to be less supporters coming each week. 

6 minutes ago, THMS said:

I agree with a previous post on here. We have half a team who can win us games and half that don't. 

The mistakes are so frustrating and u could hear Doran screaming at them no penalties and by tackle 2... a penalty. 

Its just another frustrating Sunday afternoon at derwent park and there seems to be less supporters coming each week. 

It's very frustrating but we are where we are and just have to keep getting behind them. I thought the crowd was decent today for a team who have yet to register a point. Losing teams don't attract more fans and eventually lose some, that applies to any team in any sport.  We just have to keep turning up and getting behind them  I'm loving this season despite losing every game  the quality is so much better, hopefully that first win isn't far away. UTT.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, THMS said:

Which players do you think didn't try ?

3 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

It's very frustrating but we are where we are and just have to keep getting behind them. I thought the crowd was decent today for a team who have yet to register a point. Losing teams don't attract more fans and eventually lose some, that applies to any team in any sport.  We just have to keep turning up and getting behind them  I'm loving this season despite losing every game  the quality is so much better, hopefully that first win isn't far away. UTT.

Yep

• Like 1

Hard luck today, wasn't a good day for any of the cumbrian sides with Haven and Barrow failing to win as well. Looking at Town team, is there any reason Teare keeps being played on the wing? I thought Olstrom was a winger and Teare was a centre when they played amateur rugby? 

• Like 3

Some good comments on here today and some stupid ones. I'm not enjoying losing but I'm loving the effort the players are putting in and pushing these good teams all the way. We've gone up with virtually last year's team and the improvement in some of the lads has been incredible. Some of the others have only played a handful of pro games. To sum up the game the ref was appalling, our defence in the main was superb , the lad on debut will learn from his three costly errors and frustratingly we're not quite good enough against these top teams.  Remember Bradford almost beat Leigh on Monday! Keep the faith folks , the likes of Dewsbury and London are where we need to get our wins. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, IanMac said:

To be honest I didn’t think we played that badly today, whether we had bigger forwards or not we’d still be shooting ourselves in the foot with poor completion,

True Ian... Town were not as bad as many forecast prior to game. I'm not usually one who heaps blame on a referee, but today's official was scandalous...It's almost as if he was enjoying the abuse from the terraces and made Town suffer several 'six agains' as a punishment? I've highlighted 'bigger forwards' in bold....because nothing will convince me otherwise that Town's lack of forward poundage always has a detrimental effect on them towards the closing stages of a game....the lads are brave and tackle accordingly but they get knackered via knocking down bigger lads such as Barrow and Bradford (and others) can field. I hope the BOD and Coach can quickly recruit some PIckering/Williams/Armstrong clones asap to arrest the lack of wins.

Edited by chromedome
added word
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, chromedome said:

I hope the BOD and Coach can quickly recruit some PIckering/Williams/Armstrong clones asap to arrest the lack of wins.

To be honest Keith another 3 or 4 Fitzys would do for starters. I can’t believe the amount of work both in defence and attack he does, he was even leading the kick chases. But your right, we don’t physically dominate when we are either tackling or being tackled and are either facing quick play the balls or having slow ones ourselves. We are really not that far away but unfortunately at this level that isn’t going to be good enough. 

• Like 3

Always going be potential banana skin for us this after taking full time leigh all the way on Monday putting so much into that game.

glad of the two points never easy up there your win is coming got a week off now get some lads back and maybe get a deal for another lad.

keep supporting your team and see you at odsal later on in the year.

• Like 6

We not to far away. We havent got money to get a dec patten or jordan lilley n bring 3 in from leeds just like that.we got the best coach he doing the best with what we got. I may agree with others saying teare in centre might be better. Just mistakes n penaltys so costly in this league. Fans keep faith n keep behind lads,it keeps the money coming in.  Board n volunteers doing best they can. Iam sure win is not far away.we have still keeping london dewsbury haven in our sights.

Edited by David69
  • Like 3