Fri 18th March : SL : Salford Red Devils v Leeds Rhinos KO : 8:00pm SKY

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Leeds Rhinos

Discuss the SL game between Salford Red Devils and Leeds Rhinos here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely no idea on this one.

Depends on if the rumours of the Leeds players not wanting to play for Agar are true - if Leeds lose Agars gone IMO.

However I would hope that the Leeds players would want to redeem themselves from last weeks horror show.

Not too clued up on Salfords squad but if they have some decent forwards they could get ontop of a lightweight Leeds side.

it’s either going to be Leeds by plenty or Salford by 6-12 points and the first coaching casualty of the season.

13 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Absolutely no idea on this one.

Depends on if the rumours of the Leeds players not wanting to play for Agar are true - if Leeds lose Agars gone IMO.

However I would hope that the Leeds players would want to redeem themselves from last weeks horror show.

Not too clued up on Salfords squad but if they have some decent forwards they could get ontop of a lightweight Leeds side.

it’s either going to be Leeds by plenty or Salford by 6-12 points and the first coaching casualty of the season.

I've not seen any of the players come out to bat for Agar in the media.

10 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Leeds funding Super League through the sky tv deal since 1996, and other clubs have the cheek to complain about it as they cash their sky tv cheques 

Bollux, are you telling me they are box office with the compelling Rugby League they serve up?

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Sky Sports Leeds again tonight

Have you time warped a day mate?

Rumours that Hull FC have sent Jake Connor on a one match loan to the Red Devils.

Solfud 18 Leeds 26.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Bollux, are you telling me they are box office with the compelling Rugby League they serve up?

Would be interesting to see a breakdown of subscribers and who they support. I'd back Rhinos would win it by a mile so it makes sense from that point of view. 

I agree watching them is painful right now.... Not just the errors on late plays in attack but the apparent lack of effort in everything 

Starting to think there is maybe some truth in the players wanting him out and are playing as such

22 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

He sounds like an argumentative type from the Asterix the Gaul books!

24 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Never a better time for Agar to try something different. Get Tindall, Broadbent and O'Connor in...even start with them..... Literally nothing to lose

Can't see Agar being in charge next week if they lose this

You say he’s literally got nothing to lose, then the next sentence say he’s got his job to lose…

Agar is in a no win situation here (if they lose that is) play some youngsters and lose - he’ll be accused of playing a weakened side when they need a win, play the same side as last week and he’ll be accused of not shaking things up.

28 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

You say he’s literally got nothing to lose, then the next sentence say he’s got his job to lose…

Agar is in a no win situation here (if they lose that is) play some youngsters and lose - he’ll be accused of playing a weakened side when they need a win, play the same side as last week and he’ll be accused of not shaking things up.

I guess the point was he has tried 5 times not really using the younger players mentioned to any great extent. It has not worked (and I include the Wakey game as it was literally Newman that won one half enough to win the whole game)

If he does it again he is guaranteed to lose IMO.

Hence it is a 'lose' to do this

If he plays the youngsters at least he has a chance ....again IMO 

Hence my 'nothing to lose' comment.

I will concede that he may well lose with the second option too so I guess the terminology was not the best. I do think it is his best shot and he will at least be seen to be doing something..... He currently appear s to be doing nothing different and have no ideas for changing it

12 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I guess the point was he has tried 5 times not really using the younger players mentioned to any great extent. It has not worked (and I include the Wakey game as it was literally Newman that won one half enough to win the whole game)

If he does it again he is guaranteed to lose IMO.

Hence it is a 'lose' to do this

If he plays the youngsters at least he has a chance ....again IMO 

Hence my 'nothing to lose' comment.

I will concede that he may well lose with the second option too so I guess the terminology was not the best. I do think it is his best shot and he will at least be seen to be doing something..... He currently appear s to be doing nothing different and have no ideas for changing it

Ive heard Broadbent is going to be playing. Not sure who hed drop to get Tindall in, Handley is playing ok and Fusitua needs game time.

Mustapha should be in the bench sling with Oconner on that I agree.

Archived